[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>try out linux because of /g/ >nothing works, have to spend

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: 145955093.jpg (21KB, 600x384px) Image search: [Google]
145955093.jpg
21KB, 600x384px
>try out linux because of /g/
>nothing works, have to spend hours googling how to fix shit
why do you guys use this again? i just want my shit to work
>>
what doesn't work?
>>
>>60225755
everything
>>
>>60225764

u have a small brain
>>
You need to teach yourself a bunch more shit beforehand numbnuts. THEN you fiddle around with it in vm and then you actually take the plunge.
If you can't take that then just remain a Windows pleb.
>>
>>60225727
why do WE use it?
why doy YOU use it if you don't know wtf is this

linux is not better windows
linux is better OS (for some)
>>
>>60225755
everything useful
>>
>>60225764
what specifically
>>
>try out Solus Gnome because Solus Budgie is buggy
>everything just works
>somehow they made the best Gnome distro
Why is Redhat so incompetent?
>>
>>60225727
You aren't even trying with this bait. At least step up your game if you're gonna try.
>>
>normie uses linux because /g/ said to
lmao

use linux because it works for what you want to do, same as any OS
honestly I started using linux for bash and stayed for a highly configurable, powerful, and well optimized operating system
>>
Linux isn't designed to Just Work.
It is designed to make YOU work. To make a Better You.
>>
>>60225727
>why do you guys use this again?
Because it's free as in freedom, and it's possible to configure it in perfect way for yourself. Also many things "just don't werk" on windows and mac os.
>i just want my shit to work
then fix things that you don't like or ask an advice, it's much better than being cucked by corporations and cia
>>
>>60225924
>free as in freedom

Literally doesn;t matter if you have nothing to hide.
>>
>>60225924
>and it's possible to configure it in perfect way for yourself
ok then
how do I make the window title bar transparent like in win7?
>>
>>60225949
Good goy
>>
File: giants_2.jpg (23KB, 331x346px) Image search: [Google]
giants_2.jpg
23KB, 331x346px
is your skull at least this big?
if not, you're not welcome
>>
>>60225949
try to think more about it
>>60225964
install other theme? if no perfect theme exist, change color in current theme? if color transparancy can't be changed, edit DE source code
>>
File: 1492905002693.jpg (390KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1492905002693.jpg
390KB, 1920x1080px
nobody does use it
linux is a meme

its there to fool newfags
we all use macs
>>
>>60225964
you're going to need to learn to use google, m8

you need to change your way of thinking from "instant gratification" to "hm... I want transparent title bars... how do i do that"

Q: "what is it that i'm trying to change?"
A: "the title bar"
Q: "what controls the appearance of the title bar?"
A: "the DE (desktop environment)"
Q: "what is the DE i'm using?"
A: "(idk, it could be GNOME, Xfce, Unity, etc)"
Q: "how does this DE handle the window appearance?"
A: "(idk, look around in the system settings/preferences in your start menu)"

if you don't find an easy answer, then google and see if anyone else has tried to change the title bar transparency with your DE. they probably have, but if not, then ask on their community forum. make sure you say you're new, linux communities are friendly to newbies

it's a learning process and sometimes it takes some time to get it the way you like it, but after a week of not giving up and going back to Kikerosoft (or worse, the iJew), you'll learn to solve problems and realize it's a lot easier than you think. google is your friend, everyone uses it (i use it all the time when i forget how to do simple things that i don't do often)
>>
install gentoo
>>
File: 1492761888296.png (278KB, 992x994px) Image search: [Google]
1492761888296.png
278KB, 992x994px
>>60226127
>>
because /g/ likes shitty and overly complex UI's.
It makes them feel smart
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.