[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The interent is technology. Let's have an internet thread.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: 1493855570953.jpg (72KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1493855570953.jpg
72KB, 640x480px
The interent is technology.

Let's have an internet thread. What do you think about the internet it's self /g/? It's changed alot since 2008
>>
>>60220959
WWW changed a lot for the worse (muh "flat design", muh cloud/"everything as a service", etc.), while other protocols such as FTP or IRC have been marginalised even further. So, yea.
>>
File: 1493876381413.jpg (12KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1493876381413.jpg
12KB, 225x225px
>>60221051
irc what a joke don't you like discord? it's free! What could be the harm?
>>
>>60221174
>irc what a joke

OK kid
>>
i don't like it anymore
>>
File: 1493762812445.jpg (682KB, 1000x1225px) Image search: [Google]
1493762812445.jpg
682KB, 1000x1225px
>>60222537
Who even uses that it is so shitty. I mean you cant even share pictures

pic related it's you
>>
>>60220959
It fucking sucks donky dong.
>>
>>60220959
It's gone to utter shit
>>
>>60224539
Who let all the literal babbies in here? This is far worse than last time. And the posts in pajeet-like broken English. What's going on here? Are the chinz kill?
>>
someone post the chart showing changes of most visited websites/places over the years
>>
>>60220959
It should be deleted and redone from scratch.
Legacy support is fucking awful.
The entire internet is held together with tape and trust. It is awful.

Same goes for old cities. Fuck them.
Empty city, "clean nuke", start over.
This coming from an architect.
Sometimes old shit needs to die.
We have pictures and videos now. We have fucking VR now. We can literally walk around in them if people want to go see some faggy old church.
We can even touch them with various different feedback systems.
DON'T TOUCH THE FUCKING GLASS, CAN'T YOU READ?
>>
>>60225548
the unbridled arrogance and narcissism of architects folks
>>
>>60221051
WWW changed for the worse with Google and its ads (muh first page == muh traffic == muh "monetization of content"), the Web 2.0 meme (muh "user generated content") and social networks (muh walled garden full of cattle). I remember pre-Google web of the 90's and fucking miss it. Websites were mostly static and to-the-point because they weren't made with profit in mind and didn't allow for Chad and Stacy to "generate their content". And if you wanted a discussion, you went to Usenet or IRC (neither of which were controlled by some for-profit entity as the servers were usually located at universities).
>>
>>60225548
>this coming from an architect

That makes it even more retarded, instead of reinforcing your point
>>
>>60225585
I know right? muh precious buildins

>>60225801
Hey, I am for preserving IDEAs, but random buildings?
Fuck old shit.
Even with modern materials to repair old shit, it is still a repair nightmare.

Take old Victorian homes in the UK for example.
The insides of those are a disaster of layout.
I'd be more than happy to see them ripped apart and recreated to a non-wasteful layout but still keeping the OUTSIDE style as well as styles throughout the homes internals.
But the walls are awful. So awful.
Upgrading them to modern stuff like double-glazing and decent insulation is 20 kinds of pain in every ass.
>>
File: 1478224028774.jpg (174KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1478224028774.jpg
174KB, 640x640px
>>60221051
>FTP
You're not glad FTP is dead???
>>
>>60228205
It's simple and probably so obscure today, you can store and seed CP from an FTP server safely.
I witnessed basically that in '06-'07 while it was much more popular.
>>
>>60221174
Honestly though Discord is only used by online communities that used to use IRC anyways, normal people don't use it.
>>
>>60221174
>discord
mostly used by /v/fags and reddit gamers. If you're going to shill then please shill something not /v/ or reddit
>>
Forums are dead and that makes me sad
Passion-driven content no longer exists because everything and anything is monetised
IRC is dead
People unironically use Skype
Flash is dead*

*) This is good but I miss the scene
>>
>>60220959
smartphones turned the internet into a dump
>>
>>60228782
Pressure Hiroshima to make a board for non-mobileposters only
>They'll change the user agent anyway
Normies can't do that
>>
>>60225548
>tfw you have bona-fide autism and you're still socially connected enough to see the complete lack of humanity in this style of thinking
if you want to be a raw utilitarian go fuck with the oil industry
>>
>>60221051
Does anyone here have any nice FTP servers? It's sad that nobody uses them any more.
>>
File: imaghu7ues.jpg (9KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
imaghu7ues.jpg
9KB, 225x225px
THe internet is great you guys are fucking stupid. Though I do agree with the idea that perhaps the current internet has becoeme legacy\

What is probably going to happen is that with augmented reality we will have the holographic web tus giving a chance to make a new "net"

Similary to how we went from arpanet to usenet to chaosnet to all those other old and gone nets, we can simply create two nets.

One for legacy desktop browsing and one completely new format for holographic web

Only the object oriented programmers are bound to fuck future generations on it like they always do becaues they are fucking dumb and dont care about quality at all
>>
>>60222537
>being this oblivious to obvious sarcasm
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.