[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Every fucking day my Fractal Design case makes noise Why can't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: 1469383489131.jpg (14KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1469383489131.jpg
14KB, 640x480px
Every fucking day my Fractal Design case makes noise

Why can't one single fucking company on this planet make a decent case that can last one year
>>
What exactly is wrong with it?
Had mine for a little over a year and it's still perfect.
>>
>>60220260
Use low RPM Noctuas or stop bitching.
>b-but i wanna xtreme OC!
Too bad.
>>
>>60220260
Enjoy your shitcase and your lack of watercooling
>>
>>60220260
I have had a fractal define r4 since 2014 and I have had no problems with it.
>>60220427
Water cooling is a meme
>>
>>60220260
>using fans
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Id027gjZDI
>>
>>60220395
exactly what im using and its not the fans
>>
>>60220260
>case makes noise
Cases do not make noise, components inside them do; too vague. My FD cases are also perfect.
>>
No complaints with my FD case either.
>>
>>60221848
OP has autism and can detect the faint noise of metal slightly expanding due to small changes in heat.
>>
File: 2524120.jpg (44KB, 550x388px) Image search: [Google]
2524120.jpg
44KB, 550x388px
>>60220260
> Why can't one single fucking company on this planet make a decent case that can last one year
Because it costs like $1000 and weights 25kg
>>
>>60220260
>fractal

buy from a non-shit company then. get a caselabs S5
>>
>>60220260
> my case is making noise
> CASE
What? Why do you think it's your case? Those fractal cases are heavy. What's moving?
>>
File: IMG_20170505_084939.jpg (336KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170505_084939.jpg
336KB, 1000x750px
>>60220260

Let me guess, it's your mechanical hard drive since Fractal Design's HDD cages are multiply vibrations instead of stopping them.

My hard drives caused vibrations strong enough to be heard in other rooms, so I did some ghetto modding.

While it's shit that the cages suck, atleast they are removable and modular

>pic related: mousepad under the hard drive deleted the vibrations
>>
>Case is completely silent
>Except for the GPU that makes up 90% of the noise

I can't wait to get a new one. The CPU cooler is silent, the case fans are silent, but the GPU just makes so much noise as soon as it spins up.
>>
>>60220260
your case doesn't make noise you fucking downy
stop complaining about the case and try again, this time with less emphasis on your autism
>>
ATX was developed in 1995. There is literally no reason not to use a case from the 90's.
>>
>>60220260
lube your fans up or get new ones
stop blaming the case for shitty fans
>>
Have a Fractal and it also started making noise after a year or two.
A sort of buzzing/rattling sound that comes in and out. One second on, one second off, sort of thing.
I think it's the door (it's vibrating a lot to the touch) and when forcefully pressed closed the noise stops. Eventually through opening/closing/adjusting the door the noise will stop for a while.

But ultimately the root cause of the vibration is likely the hard drives. Can't be arsed suspending them so it's just something to live with.
>>
>>60220260
It's the bottom dust cover vibrating against the case when the hdd spins.
>>
File: tumblr_lzjrsoo61q1r50h4io1_400.jpg (11KB, 600x589px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lzjrsoo61q1r50h4io1_400.jpg
11KB, 600x589px
>>
>>60224324
ATX is a meme
>>
I have a Fractal Design case and I love it. Bought it used for $30.
>>
>>60224247
OP might be an idiot.

the if they have a Define R5 it comes with a bag of rubber rings/washers. I secured my HDD and Fans with rubber washers.

there is no rattling and the fans are pretty much inaudible. the only time i hear anything is if the CPU is put underload and my NHD15 blows so much air that i can hear the air being sucked in through the front of the case
>>
>>60226459
except I have the same shit done like you do with my define S and it has weird rattle whichbcan be eliminated by removing shitty plastic front panel, doesnt remove the shitty hdd vibration noise completely though
>>
>>60226477
your local shipping company is bending your cases.

If every case you get is having similar problems, they are all passing through the same shipping hub.

you have to rebend them.
>>
The Fractal Define cases belong in the same category of product as ExOfficio underwear. They get practically perfect reviews and everyone swears by them but they're just not that good.
>>
I literally just bought this case. Upgrading my gpu and was sick of looking for cards that would fit in my sg05
>>
>>60220260
Literally just buy OEM cases.
>>
Fractal case is pretty noice OP. Buy an ssd if you can't stand the vibrations. Of try another case, be quiet case is also a thing. Not sure how effective it is at blocking noise though.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.