[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Get an official app of this >Get an official app of that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

>Get an official app of this
>Get an official app of that
Why?
Isn't browser enough for most cases?
>>
Because webdevs are too lazy to keep their website working in more than one browser so they'd rather just bundle a chromium
>>
that's what i've been wondering about myself
>>
Culture of botnet. Apps can ask for plenty of permissions.
>>
Webdevs can't handle the larger performance constraints of mobiles in general so they push their inefficient but native applications to your phone so they can be just as frivolous with your battery but deliver you an experience that you don't notice beyond the burning CPU you feel through the case.

And occasionally there's some UX improvements that they can do in an app. But that's certainly an afterthought.
>>
Their API can just send relevant data instead of rendering CSS with every page load. Reduces usage on their end.
>>
Desu?
>>
Marketing.

That McDonalds icon in your home screen is cheap brand advertising.
>>
>>60214899
Usually a good optimized site works better than a native app.

>>60214926
It isn't like they are doing it themselves. They just use a front-end framework for both design and functionality.
>>
>>60214899
in a good browser you can block ads, tracers and say no to location requests.
>>
>>60215138
You can do the same outside the browser as well
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.