[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

About to pick up a chair. I've heard herman miller is good

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 17

About to pick up a chair. I've heard herman miller is good so i'm about to buy the aeron. this is their best model right? the money isn't that big of a deal
>>
Eames chair tbqh
>>
>>60207135
lounge chairs are not ergonomic. comfy is not for long term
>>
>>60207135
For the smoking room
Aeron with headrest for work/study
>>
>>60207122
aeron is a great chair. I've used the aeron at work for the past 3 years. you don't sit in it and feel comfy --- you sit in it and 12 hours later you realize "oh shit I haven't felt my chair for 12 hours."

I bought one for home for that reason. I cant speak for comparable chairs (steelcase leap and whatever the hipster ikea equivalent is) but the aeron is a good chair.

also: I bought my home chair off CL and it's not as good as my work chair. I got it for like $300. it's obviously the guy's side-gig. both chairs have the block type lumbar support (pic related; as opposed to what you have in your pic) but mine slides down or pops out vs my work chair which doesn't move at all
>>
simply buy a blanket and sit on the floor instead
>>
>>60207261
Yeah my current setup is "comfortable". It's a walmart chair with a pillow on the seat for extra cushioning. But the back part broke so I am constantly "leaned back" while I sit and this is fucking me up.

Is $580 a good price for the Aeron? A business interiors place is having one on promotion. It's cheaper than their site, but im sure it's a very high profit margin item.
>>
>>60207254
How important is a headrest? I was looking through their site and most don't even have one.
>>
>>60207313
I spend some time thinking about stuff so I like to rest my watermelon head on the headrest. Otherwise I will zone out lying on my couch in my study.
My neck hurts if I haven't used the headrest for really long times.
>>
File: 81yMQgLPd2L._SL1500_.jpg (177KB, 1044x1500px) Image search: [Google]
81yMQgLPd2L._SL1500_.jpg
177KB, 1044x1500px
German Miller is the biggest meme of all. It's like a grand and no different than a $200 mesh backed chair. See that thing on the left? That chair cost $150 and is literally the exact same shit as Herman Miller.
>>
File: tumblr_m7zhs7xxTq1qg00two1_500.png (137KB, 500x278px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m7zhs7xxTq1qg00two1_500.png
137KB, 500x278px
>>60207331
>>
>>60207122
check out SpinaliS

http://www.spinalis.si/default.php?PageID=1&GeoLoc=2
>>
>>60207346
There's two kind of people on earth
Those who sat on the aeron and those who didn't.
You didn't.
>>
>>60207305
580 is cheaper than stock price, and I would have bought for that price having planned for it. the 300 price I paid was spur of the moment (my friend texted me that some guy was selling a few so I checked it out and bought same day).

you could probably buy the parts and do the repairs yourself for cheaper. or you could find someone doing the same and eat the cost of not doing it yourself (as I did), or just buy stock if you want support which might be worth it, idk cause I cheaped out but look into it, could be worth the extra cost
>>
>>60207380
You sound like someone trying to convince themselves their $1000 purchase was a smart idea.
Is there a difference between a $50 chair and a $100? yeah
Is there a difference between a $100 and $200? A little less so, but it is noticeable.

But there's only so advanced you can go. If your chair has great padding, lumbar and back support, a meshed back, decent swivel and rise, what the hell is there to add?
>>
>>60207413
us government buys aerons for their desk-jockeys (at least in my org). I believe the reasoning is that an expensive chair is an expensive one-time purchase vs. paying veterans benefits for a desk jockey with with back problems for 50 years.
>>
>>60207413
I don't need to convince you or anyone. This is an aeron appreciation thread. You're the one with the off brand niggerlicious chair which you are claiming is equal to or better than muh aeron and I'm taking the high road and don't saying anything about it.
>>
>>60207448
>Tying the US government to good money management skills.
If they bought Aerons it is because they were over on their budget and if they didn't spend the money it would be decreased the next near.
>>
>>60207400
I was trying it out at the store and I was expecting some mindblowing sense of relief, but it was a just a chair really. The thing is that every other chair was just a bit off in some way but this was flawless because it was so damn adjustable. Also I like the mesh bottom and back because I live in hot ass california.

But they said it had a 12 year warranty and I sit at the computer all day so why not spend the money. I dunno, I don't want to get meme'd but the promotion ends friday.

I should probably checked out used chairs but in my experience people on craigslist and shit want to sell their 10 year old crap for like 80% MSRP.
>>
im literally sitting on a herman miller aeron chair right now
ask me anything u want i aint got shit to do
>>
>>60207535
Did you wish it came with a headrest? Does the warranty pay for shipping? Is the mesh material durable? Looking back, how much is a fair price for the chair?
>>
>>60207485
the problem with these chairs, and why I think the price point is problematic for many people, is that it's something you can't really vouch for unless you've sat in one for 8+ hours a day for a long-ass time. so you can't just try it out and get the appeal.
you don't get some mindblowing relief because it's just a chair that doesn't get in your way. you don't feel anything special, but 8 hours later it's the same feeling. no pain, nothing.

full disclosure I'm the same guy that this guy is responding to...

>>60207475
you're not wrong, furniture and shit is frequently purchased to expend the budget. but with the bureaucracy that goes with it they more or less have to purchase high quality chairs. I stand by my reasoning. the system has many problems bred from incompetence but at least they buy good chairs.
>>
>>60207585
>Did you wish it came with a headrest?
nah but i wish it came w a footrest
>Does the warranty pay for shipping?
i didnt pay so dont know
>Is the mesh material durable?
mesh is durable af. it would grate my ass like cheese before it broke or loosened.
>Looking back, how much is a fair price for the chair?
not whatever it cost. i would pay maybe 500 for it
>>
>>60207448
>>60207475
corps buy them at bulk so they get huge discounts, i'm guessing 100-200 for each. the 1000 retail msrp is way harder to swallow
>>
>>60207735
100-200 in your dreams. I was a place that sales used business furniture and the aerons there like 600 bucks used. Hell I could just start a business take buys in them in bulk and resales them for 300 bucks.
>>
>>60207122
If you want anything decent you're going to have a few grand, but when you're 50 and don't have lumbago you're going to thank your chair.
Wish I could buy one.
>>
>>60207735
I promise you the us government isn't buying these for 100-200 dollars each. it costs more in man-hours to evaluate the purchase orders, and businesses aren't dumb enough to bump their prices down that much for such a well-funded buyer.
>>
>>60207786
No one would argue that proper seating is important. The argument is that is this chair worth it compared to other chairs that are much cheaper. There are many products that are same as cheaper ones, but with better marketing and shit. Aside from all the fancy adjust-ability mechanics, its still just a mesh chair with lumbar support. I'm a college student. not a business professional.
>>
aerons are trash unless you like having your leg circulation cut off by the fucking frame and your pants ruined by the fucking mesh

knoll regeneration and herman miller sayl are both way better imo
>>
>>60207877
you're probably tall and that's a factor to consider as well. for me, a 5'7" manlet, aeron is great.
>>
>>60207877
How does the frame cut off circulation? The bottom part can be make shorter by pulling the front down. Or is it too hard or something?
>>
Is there much difference between the classic Aeron and the Remastered one? The new 8Z Pellicle and PostureFit seems huge changes.
>>
I've had an Aeron chair at home for 15 years. The nice thing about aeron is that there are parts available for repairs and it's not difficult to do them yourself.
>>
>>60207122
Dude just get a dxracer
>>
Is a Aeron worth it? I have a meme racing chair and I know it's gonna fuck my back up.
>>
File: 1449176888001.jpg (130KB, 943x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1449176888001.jpg
130KB, 943x1280px
tfw mid-range chairs are non-existent
only options are $300 racers or $1000+ "designer" chairs
don't live in the US where the latter can be found cheap 2nd hand.
>>
File: Custom.jpg (772KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Custom.jpg
772KB, 2560x1440px
>>60210674
Car wreckers. Got two Nissan R33 for $100.
Will cost ya a slab 50ish to get a workshop to mount it to a base. Or make it yourself.
>>
>>60210606
People spend hundreds every few years for computer upgrades that go out of date in 12 months but spending hundreds on a chair that lasts 10 years & you use every day for hours is some how a bad idea
>>
>>60210815
I don't anon, I keep shit that works and is good.
Honestly how long is a Aeron going to last? Especially with the mesh back and bottom. It really won't last 10 years.
>>
>>60210875
>It really won't last 10 years.

Gee, the chair has been out for 23 years now, why don't you go and find out what Aeron users complain about?
>>
>the money isn't that big of a deal
Then go to somewhere that sells high office end chairs and try them out IRL.
>>
You absolutely need to find a local supplier and SIT in the chairs. Sit on an Aeron and sit on a Leap. Most people have a big preference towards one or the other. At the very least they should have a no questions asked return policy.
>>
>>60210899
I sit on them at work, and one dies every few weeks. They are honestly way cheaper looking and feeling in real life. They do look cool, they are heavy, but I can't say they are worth even like 200 bucks.
>>
>>60211660
how the fuck do you kill an aeron exactly?
I've been sitting in the same one for ten years without issue.

Is your office full of fatties, or did your jewish boss buy a shipment of chink counterfeits?
>>
>>60207122
Highly recommend this chair, so comfortable. It's not cheap, but 12 year warranty and they last. Mines from 1998 and while it needed some tuneups and a cylinder, still going.
>>
>>60207122
I hope you enjoy plastic jabbing into your back and legs

Get a stability ball. Ergonomic chairs are a meme.
>>
>>60207122
>herman miller
This is a meme. Herman Miller makes shit, over-priced chairs. You want something with upper back support if you're going to be sitting down for any longer than half an hour.
>>
>>60214335
I agree. We have Herman Millers everywhere at work (Mirras and Aerons) and while they're OK they lack upper back/head support. The Aerons seem to cut the blood supply under your legs and the Mirras feel shit on the back. They are honestly less comfortable compared to my Maxnomic for half the price, despite the ricer style tendencies (pick a plain black one).
>>
>>60214686
just maxnomic's ghetto website and that chair looks like lit has a flat back? I thought lumbar support was important. I heard that you're not supposed to rest your head while you sit it is supposed to be held up straight.
>>
Aeron is a meme chair, work buys them and they're fucking horrible, but Herman Miller buys our software so we buy their chairs to show support for them ;-)

Seriously though it's a matter of individual comfort, if you want to spend for quality then do so but not the Aeron.

http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-office-chair/
>>
File: sirius q24.jpg (78KB, 511x768px) Image search: [Google]
sirius q24.jpg
78KB, 511x768px
>Aeron
Meh.
>>
>>60207261
>>>60207122 (OP)
>aeron is a great chair. I've used the aeron at work for the past 3 years. you don't sit in it and feel comfy --- you sit in it and 12 hours later you realize "oh shit I haven't felt my chair for 12 hours."
>I bought one for home for that reason. I cant speak for comparable chairs (steelcase leap and whatever the hipster ikea equivalent is) but the aeron is a good chair.
>also: I bought my home chair off CL and it's not as good as my work chair. I got it for like $300. it's obviously the guy's side-gig. both chairs have the block type lumbar support (pic related; as opposed to what you have in your pic) but mine slides down or pops out vs my work chair which doesn't move at all

Agree, Everytime I go work at Datacenter they have those. Can agree with everything you said.
>>
>>60207122
I've always liked the leap chair cause they are pretty comfy, but get a warranty cause someday the arms and cylinder will get fucked
Just don't ever get a neutral posture those chairs are a fucking meme and break easily
>>
File: image.jpg (45KB, 500x668px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45KB, 500x668px
My KAB ACS is made for sitting without breaks. Oil rigs, massive earth moving vehicles use KAB for a good reason, not some shitty mesh chairs.
>>
>>60218011
I don't understand why so many companies do the plastic hard armrest. Cushioned armrests are so much more comfy.
>>
What about a 100-200$ comfy chair?
>>
File: 44762.jpg (772KB, 2098x1814px) Image search: [Google]
44762.jpg
772KB, 2098x1814px
>>60219997
finna get one of these niggas soon
>>
>>60220083
what is this called? looks nice
>>
>>60220174
la-z-boy bradley
>>
>>60210777
Wtf every post you make about this, you decrement the value you claim to have paid. Last month you were saying it cost you 250$, now it's 100$? Are you adjusting for inflation or what?
>>
File: 757831662_preview_Wnqd1.jpg (103KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
757831662_preview_Wnqd1.jpg
103KB, 1024x768px
>hurrrr your back is worth it!
chair shills are the worst.
>>
a ball like this?
https://www(dot)amazon.com/gp/product/B01N4D6SIT

how is that not a meme? no lumbar support or arm rests. I actually use my computer I don't just check my starbucks gift card balance on it
>>
thinking about buying the aeron for $512 on ebay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-Herman-Miller-Fully-Loaded-Size-B-Aeron-Chairs-Open-Box-/132076543563?hash=item1ec0601e4b:g:OGcAAOSwq7JT0TZu

good idea or no?
>>
>>60220083
They're really really comfy... for like the first 6 months.
Then they start to frey, then the padding wears out.
>>
>>60207305
got my aeron for $200 on craigslist

company overstock sort of thing
>>
>>60207135
how is this an effen desk chair?
>>
File: 1481724798473.jpg (23KB, 620x348px) Image search: [Google]
1481724798473.jpg
23KB, 620x348px
>>60207261
i have this chair how the hell do I make it so it doesnt lean back so easily? there are so many knobs and cranks even looking at the diagrams I have no idea what to do.
>>
I sit on an $800 Steelcase chair at work and it still hurts my back. Ergonomic chairs are a meme.
>>
>>60222439
Herman Miller chairs work though, that guy invented ergonomics in chairs. Maybe yours is like a knockoff of his designs? Ever try an aeron their not too bad if you get a chance around the same price range I think.
>>
>>60207135
Why do you faggots that can't even afford one keep posting this in desk chair threads. Stop.
>>
File: 31pTQAa5tlL._SL1500_.jpg (13KB, 500x372px) Image search: [Google]
31pTQAa5tlL._SL1500_.jpg
13KB, 500x372px
>>60220853
lumbar support will not solve the problems caused by sitting alll day. it too will become a source of pain. proper armrests are legit tho.
>>
>>60222629
do you know if I am supposed to use the armrests while typing? Probably a dumb question, but back pain is most associated with a bad chair and I am not seeing the connection between back (lack of lumbar support?) and armrests.
>>
I bought an Aeron a few weeks ago from this rich asian dude. He had a thick accent so I think he was a new money type of guy who moved to america because of money.

anyway I like the chair, the only real thing I don't like is that I am barefoot most of the time and I put my feet on my chair sometimes and it creates an indentation on my feet which feels weird for a few minutes.
>>
>>60222808
uhh you're standing on the seat of the chair and it's making a pattern? not really relevant lol
>>
File: 1459532953225.jpg (90KB, 415x772px) Image search: [Google]
1459532953225.jpg
90KB, 415x772px
>>60207122
Aeron is one of those chairs and my back stays glued to. Other chairs I start scooting forward and leaning sideways and all sorts of nonsense.
>>
>>60222748
the reason you get back pain is your back muscles aren't forcing your upper body to remain in a healthful position such as you are when you're standing. this is why stability ball is good because it emulates standing position without all the problems that come with standing all day. armrests just take some strain off your shoulders which come from being in the unnatural "zombie pose" you're in all day with your arms forward on kbm
>>
>>60207122
Ergo chairs are overrated. They only compensate for weakness in your body. Stop being weak, stop needing a weak chair.
>>
>>60220212
Because prices of labor. That and it was two chairs I've made.
>>
>>60207122
I've owned one for about 2 years.

Very comfortable. My legs fall asleep all the time when I sit in it but that's just me
>>
File: TheMemeHasArrived.jpg (1MB, 3240x1080px) Image search: [Google]
TheMemeHasArrived.jpg
1MB, 3240x1080px
>>
File: HermemeMillerEmbody.jpg (1MB, 2764x6115px) Image search: [Google]
HermemeMillerEmbody.jpg
1MB, 2764x6115px
>>
>>60207122
I love mine. I got it as a tip on a delivery a few months ago, and it's just so damn nice. Buy it used, should only be around $300, and it's completely worth it.
>>
>>60207122
It is great and the nazi Miller guarantees you 12 years but if money isn't an issue go all out and buy an embody.

t. Have an Aeron and use the embody at work
>>
>>60207122

Was considering ordering one last night anon. They're about 350 used online or 900 new. Trying to work out if i will end up spending more used in the long run.
>>
>>60222353
fuck... I really don't want to have to get the Ikea Memus. I haven't been able to try it out myself yet. I'll only have about a $200 budget.

I might get the low back more expensive la-z-boy without the headrest. I don't need to fucking sleep in it just be comfy when playing games
>>
Hey guys OP here. I order the chair. 620 after taxes and miscellaneous jewry. I'll post a review in like a week because shipping it going to take that long
>>
Anyone remember when these things were all over the charity shops because of the original dot-com bust?
>>
File: IMG_20170505_193520.jpg (2MB, 3456x4608px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170505_193520.jpg
2MB, 3456x4608px
>>60224789
you're gonna love it
>>
>>60207346
The fart-absorbent pad alone makes this chair not a Herman Miller. Enjoy your smelly sweatpants from jerking off on that thing after shitting, you fucking amateur.
>>
>>60230863
>plastic spines that jab into your back
>arms that can't pivot
>$2000
the epitome of mental retardation and autism
Thread posts: 90
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.