[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Over at Samsung headquaters >"Sir! Our customers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 6

File: eppg950tbegus-gallery5-0323.jpg (33KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
eppg950tbegus-gallery5-0323.jpg
33KB, 800x600px
>Over at Samsung headquaters
>"Sir! Our customers have noticed passing electricity through literal air and matter makes their phones kind of hot.
>"My God. They might realize wireless charging is a meme. Add a loud as fuck fan and charge $70 more.
>"You're a genius Sir!"
>>
I don't think Samsung would use words like meme.
>>
The extra cost is for the shiity as fuck faux leather obviously.
>>
>>60207145
>what is paraphrasing
>>
>>60207095
wireless everything is a meme

What do you need wireless for

I mean theres wireless devices like phones so you can take them with you but airpods and wireless charging and mouses... all memes
>>
Real question: Would the fan even work in this case? I mean it's not a heat sink where there's a huge ass thermal conductive metal slab in direct contact with the innards. It's just a fan blowing on it right? I don't see how it does any good.
>>
>Wireless charging.
>Meme

Do... do people honestly think like this? Holy shit. I mean, know it's not like SUPER important, but the convenience of never having to plug your phone up ever is worth $20.
>>
>>60207095
Presumably that is a wireless fast charger whereas all the previous wireless chargers were slow, thus necessitating the cooling.
>>
I have one and I like it. It's not a meme.
>>
>>60207342
You'd be mistaken. It has literally the same guts as last years model.
>>
Dumb "meme" poster.
>Over at Intel HQ
>"Sir! Our engineers have noticed passing electricity through silicon makes their CPUs kind of hot."
>"My God, they might realize using computers is a meme. Add a loud as fuck fan and charge $9001 more."
>"You're a genius Sir!"
If something gets hot, adding active cooling will remedy the problem. How is this a "meme"? Also:
>passing electricity through literal air
That is NOT what happens during wireless charging, or do you see arcing?
>>
>>60207217
Convenience? Why wouldn't you pay a few bucks so that you never have to fumble with chords again?
Or are you one of those people that parks his own car 2 miles down the street and then walks because the lot costs $3.50?
>>
>>60207095
I like wireless charging. I prop my phone up on the charger and use it as an alarm clock while I'm in bed.
Because I use a wireless charger, I can put a plug in my USB-C port which keeps dust and dirt and lint out of it when it's in my pocket or in my bag.

Of course it's not necessary but it's a nice feature and Sumsung don't force you you to use it.
>>
>>60207870
I don't think its the wireless charging that people are annoyed at.
The new wireless charger from Samsung is literally the same thing as last year for 400% markup.
>>
>>60207963
Yeah, that's shit but find me a business that doesn't pull that sort of crap. If there's profit to be made, they'll do it. At least you can still buy the old chargers if you want to pay less. If they made the S8 somehow incompatible with the S7/S6 chargers, that would be a jew move.
>>
>>60208118
Yeah, They can do it but we doesn't mean we shouldn't call them on it.
>>
>>60207580
>You never have to deal with tangled cords again!
>Spends two hours searching house for an airpod his kid ran off with
>>
>>60207580
>ameriburger so fat he can't walk a bit to not only save money but also excercise
>>
>>60207095
"Wireless" charging - fucking meme.
So the electricity to charge your stupid phone magically comes out of the air?
You have to plug your "wireless" charger into a socket using a WIRE.
Which is no different to plugging your phone charger into the same socket using a WIRE.
Don't tell me that with "wireless" you're saved the herculean effort of having to plug that big heavy cable into a socket every day or so.
Only fucking retards pay extra for this pointless shit.
>>
>>60207255
>phone battery's at 0%
>charging phone with simple cable
>pick up phone to do any damn thing you want with it
>still charging

vs.

>phone battery's at 0%
>wirelessly heating, uh, charging your phone battery placed carefully in the sweet spot on your inefficient fan-cooled qi pad
>pick up phone to do even just the simplest thing
>better hurry up, anon

>>60208325
This.

Samsung (and most Korean CE manufacturers desu) all love pushing cheesy impractical tech demo memeshit as premium product differentiators on all their top stuff. Curved TVs, curved screen phones, wireless charging, etc. Braindead normies eat that shit up like hypebeasts on a new sneaker drop.
>>
>>60208325
Autist
>>
>>60208249
>europoor so unproductive saving 15 minutes doesn't change his day
>>
>>60207580
>people that parks his own car 2 miles down the street and then walks

It's called "i don't wanna circle around in vehicle wasting time while parking the car further away and walk saved not only money but time".

In some cases, it's call "not being a fat fuck".
>>
>>60207403
>>passing electricity through literal air
>That is NOT what happens during wireless charging
explain it then, go on, i look forward to reading the dumbest post on the internet
>>
>>60209239
Anon if electricity was passing through the air, it would produce a visible arch of light produced by a step up transformer.
The current is induced in the coil on the phone's charging circuit by passing current in another coil on the charging platform.

I suggest you read up on electromagnetic induction, it's highschool stuff
>>
>>60209211
Sorry mate, but if 15min make or break your day, you need to review your life.
>>
>>60209308
>it's only passing from one coil to another its not passing through the air
jesus christ
>>
Wireless charging, in its current state, is for retards. Your phone is ironically more trapped and useless on a wireless charging pad than it would be if it were plugged into a charging cable. Not to mention that it's inefficient, hot, and slow.

Anyone too stupid to understand any of this, please raise your hand. Don't post. Just physically raise your hand irl and keep it there for a long time.
>>
>>60209239
Learn about Faraday's law you retarded mongoloid ape with cerebral palsy.
>>
>>60207095
>ou need to be atleast 18 to access this website.
>>
>>60207580
>fumble with chords

What the fuck are you talking about, you only need one micro-usb to charge a phone you sperg
>>
>>60208145
Oh of course we should call them on it. However, at the same time, I'm not going to condemn them for something minor like that when you have companies such as Apple fucking their consumers with the most disgusting money grubbing tactics we've seen in a long time. Removing the headphone jack just so they can charge anyone making an accessory for the iphone thousands for the use of their intellectual property is so unbelievably greedy.
>>
>>60209239
Yeah man, my induction charging toothbrush makes fucking LIGHTNING!
>>
>>60209239
>explain it then, go on, i look forward to reading the dumbest post on the internet
You should read your own post then.
>>
>>60207095
>EM induction
>passing electricity through literal air and matter

I want leddit brainlets to go back.
>>
>>60209342
It's magnetism not electricity dingus.
>>
>>60209637
Speaking of which, how powerful is this magnetic field? I have a mechanical watch that I keep on my bedside table as well. Will that get magnetised by a wireless charger?
>>
>>60209239
Dumb niggers like you are the reason the internet failed.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electromagnetic_induction
Kill yourself.
>>
>>60207580
>chords
>>
>>60207095
ITT: people who have never had a wireless qi charger

People complaining about quality of life things that they don't have should be shot
>>
>>60207255
This would be acceptable if furniture came with built-in charging pads, but if you need to put your device in a special holder in a specific spot, then that's just ridiculous compared to just plugging the damn cable into your device. Maybe in the near future it will make sense but for now it's a meme.
>>
File: 1369444740382.gif (1023KB, 500x362px) Image search: [Google]
1369444740382.gif
1023KB, 500x362px
>>60209211
>"I'm so productive I can't afford losing 15 minutes of my day!"
>continues to shitpost on 4chan
>>
>>60209239
How can someone with so little competence act so confident?
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (46KB, 1024x543px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
46KB, 1024x543px
>>60207255
>>60207580

Wow, would you look at all this fucking convenience. No cables, ma!
Wireless charging is for retards who simply must have the latest aggressively advertised technical gadget.
>>
>>60207217
USEFUL WIRELESS TECHNOLOGY:
>phones
>computer mice
>computer keyboards
>headphones
>video game controllers
That's about it. I don't get tangled in a fucking charging cable, I don't need wireless charging at all.
>>
>>60212361
no, you are just an idiot
>>
>>60207095
>passing electricity through literal air
you're a fucking retard
>>
>>60208325
>>60208932
>>60209376
>>60212102
I too think "wireless charging" is stupid. My sisters husband has it. Seeing him try to get it placed just right on the pad so it would charge convinced me it's a waste of both time and money.

Give me something like a lightbulb or something else that would cover my entire livingroom and I'm in. Ignoring the technical aspects completely: Tell me that if I buy something that looks like a wireless router or a lightbulb that I place in a room and magically phones and tablets and computer mice and everything else in that room is charged (or just powered) then I'm sold. Basically a WLAN version of wired ethernet's PoE.

But placing something just right on a special pad? Might as well plug in the cable while you're at that pad.
>>
>>60208325
>having to plug that big heavy cable into a socket every day or so.
maybe don't fucking unplug it you dumbass
>>
>>60212361
are you actually brain damaged
>>
File: unnamed (2).jpg (900KB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed (2).jpg
900KB, 3024x4032px
I got a two pack of the Samsung chargers for like 30 bucks. Keep one on my desk and one by my bed. Work fine for me.
>>
>>60212507
>>60212608
>>
>>60212688
i was giving you a free medical diagnosis you ungrateful fuck
>>
>>60212688
Do you also unplug your computer when you're done using it you mongoloid
>>
>>60212608
Are you?
>>
>>60212392
>wireless peripherals are "useful" wireless technology
l m a o

I suppose if you don't ever intend on playing games or listening to hi fi audio.
>>
>>60207239
I was wondering the same thing. Isn't the fan blowing in the opposite fucking direction of the phone?
>>
I have a wireless charging pad by the bed, I can place the phone on the charger with one hand in the dark. I can't do that with a cable. It is actually convenient
>>
>>60212805
Oh hello strawman. How you doin?
>>
>>60207217
So you don't have to spend like 5 seconds inserting a cable into your phone.

Needing a fan for a charger is fucking ridiculous.
>>
>>60207239
Blow air over your hand. Does it feel colder? Yes, the fan will cool the phone. It's not the same as a CPU cooler, but it works.
>>
>>60212688
You are an ass hat.
>>
>I don't like it so it's a meme
>>
induction charging is a dangerous technology that can interfere with electronic devices inside of people's bodies
pacemaker users, defibrillator users, and many other types of patients are at risk when entering areas where shitty chinese induction devices are present

please be aware
>>
>>60207095
>Over at Apple headquarters
>"Hey I would like to have wireless charging!"
>"Fuck you"
>"O-ok can I atleast have a h-headphone j-jack then?"
>"Fuck you"
>>
>>60217981
>I don't understand it so it's the next big thing everyone should be using.

>>60218096
Wireless signal transfer and induction charging shouldn't be compared in utility or efficiency.
>>
>>60218228
I never said that it's the next big thing nor did I comment on the amount of people that should be using it.
>>
>>60207217
Come to think about it.... Wireless charging is more "wired" than normal charging. When its plugged in a cable you can pick it up and use it while it's charging. While when its charging "wirelessly" you can't do shit.
>>
>>60209239
/g/ is literally too intelligent for an education, as I've always said.
>>
> Haven't had to plug in my phone to charge it since 2014. Meme? Get real
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.