[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Redpill me on why so many key resellers are able to provide keys

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: comp_sci_graduate.png (41KB, 279x261px) Image search: [Google]
comp_sci_graduate.png
41KB, 279x261px
Redpill me on why so many key resellers are able to provide keys for Windows 10 Pro for extremely cheap when Microsoft charges $200
>>
college students selling the software they get for free as part of tutition

at least thats how it worked in 2003-7 when I was a kiddie
>>
>>60206295
That is called Microsoft Imagine today. If we turn to the licensing agreement (https://imagine.microsoft.com/en-us/Institutions/Guidelines):

>4. Using the Subscription Benefits
>Your Subscription will provide you and your Authorized Users with access to certain Subscription Benefits expressly intended to support your education, teaching, non-commercial research, or efforts to design, develop, test, and demonstrate software applications for the above purposes.
So in other words, it can only be used for the student's education.

>Subscription Benefits are personal to you and you may not transfer, sell, share, sublicense, assign, or lend them. Your access to and use of the Subscription Benefits, including their provision to Authorized Users, are subject to the terms of this Agreement and any separate terms that are specific to the particular benefit.
They cannot gift or sell those keys.

In other words, most of these would be clear copyright violations that could get you sued and labeled a criminal? Fuck yis.
>>
>>60206343
But OP wouldn't be the one violating the law, it'd be the reseller. How is but a simple, innocent consumer to know if not explicitly told how the reseller got the key?
>>
>>60207176
You can't possibly be acting in good faith if the price is fishy.
>>
>>60206295
Don't student licenses need a registration server on the unis network nowadays?
>>
>>60208395
They do.
>>
>>60206272
They sell other products and use Windows to lure in buyers. At least in terms of your typical computer hardware store.
>>
i saw people sell windows 10 pro key for 9$
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.