[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can't escape the botnet! Is there any service that will

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: a.jpg (53KB, 499x246px) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
53KB, 499x246px
Can't escape the botnet! Is there any service that will remove me from all these sites that are tracking me? Is there any safe phone? I need one for emergencies but Google is tracking everything and has access to my can and mic. Wtf, I need help. I need out. I may stop using technology altogether.
>>
>>60200911
>Is there any service that will remove me from all these sites that are tracking me?
No. The vast majority of services are part of the botnet, because spying on you and selling ads brings in revenue. You can escape the botnet, but you have to do it yourself, with learning and thinking and effort, not just "subscribe to our magic service and we'll fix it for you". People who want that kind of convenience get taken advantage of. Always, in every area.

>Is there any safe phone?
Out of the box? No. At all? Still no, but there are ways to make it less bad. Basically you buy an Android device and get rid of everything Google on it. (the easiest way to do this is a custom ROM) And you have to remember that the network is hostile. Your carrier will be triangulating your real-time position with cell towers even if you disable GPS. You'll want to keep the phone off (or left at home) whenever possible, and to use wi-fi when ever possible, if you must have it with you.

>I need one for emergencies!
If it's really just for emergencies then buy a dumbphone and keep it with you but turned off. If there really is an emergency, any phone will put a 911 call through even if you aren't subscribed for service. I think that's not what's going on though, I think you're saying that you don't want to give up the convenience of having an always-on phone with you. There's no way to do that and not be tracked. It's that bit about how favoring convenience always gets you taken advantage of, again.
>>
File: BotnetGoogleLogo.png (12KB, 450x159px) Image search: [Google]
BotnetGoogleLogo.png
12KB, 450x159px
Startpage for search engine

Firefox/Any of its flavors (Or Comodo Dragon/Iridium if you like chrome) for browser

HTTPS Everywhere, Ublock Origin, and Disconnect are good extensions aswell.
>>
>>60201316
I sincerely appreciate your helpful reply. I was considering paying a service but it seems like a bullshit scam.

I currently don't have a network and only use wifi.

For emergencies I mainly mean my wife being able to contact me in an accident or giving birth or something. Or a family member dying.

How safe are custom ROMs? I bricked a phone once doing that because I'm stupid (that's why I try learning here). I've noticed all these apps need Google+ and stuff and I have these photo galleries that can't be deleted. I want out of all this shit, seriously.
>>
>>60200911
Did you really think these companies with data center size storage and global data redundancy will let that happen? The data you give is now theirs.
>>
File: 1493053815376.gif (2MB, 360x359px) Image search: [Google]
1493053815376.gif
2MB, 360x359px
>>60201470
FML
>>
>>60201445
>>For emergencies I mainly mean my wife being able to contact me in an accident or giving birth or something. Or a family member dying.
Well I don't know the specifics of your family situation, but I always solved the problem the way everyone did before about 2005 or so: If something important happens, you'll get the message when you return home. If you're at work, where most people spend most of their out-of-the-house time, they can call your workplace.

The custom ROM experience strongly depends on what device you have. Some are easy to unlock and flash, some aren't. The bigger hurdle is you need to remove Google. Which means no Play store. Take a look at what's in the F-droid repos. Notably, if you want maps, there's Osm&, but you do give up convenience - no real-time traffic or anything. (which makes sense if you consider how that feature would need to work.) Your photos will have to be extracted from whatever service they're currently on. They all provide some way to do this, but many try to lock you in by making it inconvenient. What you want is "just give me jpegs that I can download and back up to my computer".

>>60201470
Google and company never forget what they know. But that doesn't mean you have to keep telling them things, or that its pointless to stop doing so.
>>
>>60201582
Are disabling the Google applications and services enough to debotnet phones or changing files in the operating system are needed?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.