[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello, coming from >>sci/8880530 Computer Science fags,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 1

File: images.jpg (17KB, 253x199px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
17KB, 253x199px
Hello, coming from

>>sci/8880530

Computer Science fags, I summon you. There is something that I don't understand at all, but what has happening to me.

I've been entering into an IRC channel by invitation; some days ago, a guy from that channel started talking about very personal things of mine, things that nobody could guess, you know the things I'm talking about.

How is this possible? I didn't install anything, I didn't click external links posted by anyone, and still I was hacked to the core simply by entering into an IRC channel. Any explanation, please?
>>
Do you use a name there that you use anywhere else? Or something IP based that can be tracked? Most of the time there is no hack, but a case of social engineering.
>>
how did you get the invitation, dumbass?
>>
>>60190670

The classical /invite nick to channel
>>
>>60190650

No... and about the IP, I don't know how it can be tracked. Most of the time I'm downloading things, can it be related to the way these guys tracked my IP?
>>
Are you sure these aren't just irl friends or something?
>>
bump, help please
>>
>>60190821

Completely absolutely sure
>>
>>60190600
did you set your IRC realname to your real name?
what client do you use?
what server?
>>
>>60190600
Looks like he's a Debian user who divined your data by using libastral2-dev package.
>>
>>60190846

1. No
2. Webchat
3. Don't know really because of webchat
>>
>>60190873
most web-based IRC clients leak your IP as your ident
maybe he guessed who you were based on geolocation/other info
I don't suppose you host anything at home
>>
>>60190923

That's OK, but guessing other much more private things is another very different thing. The question is, how?
>>
>>60190600
"/whois" yourself, dumbass.
>>
>>60190830

It's like those guys already said:
>>60190650
>>60190670
>>60190821

It's probably someone who knows you in real life, maybe the person you got the invitation from. Or something in your username reminded someone on a similar username of yours.

Are there people you talked about being on IRC?
Who did invite you? Could this person tell anybody about who you are?
Are you using a similar username somewhere else? An old email adress? A game account?
Where did you ever gave your real name in the internet? Maybe university?

Then think about the informations the other person told you.
Narrow down what this person knows and the peron doesn't know.
Also try to make sure someone really knows and isn't just expecting, for example "I know you own a dog" can be guessing, but "I know you own a black chihuahua called fluffy" is knowing.

Also some facts can be decuced:
If you let slip that you own a dog, someone could easily say "hey, john, are you sitting on your couch again, being too lazy to do out with the dog?"

This are stupid examples, but you get the idea:
By thinking about what the other person really knows about you you can narrow it down.

Maybe try to make a trap. You could ask:
"Haha, I don't believe you. I guess you couldn't tell my mothers first name!"

Just take something which would SOME friends of yours know, but not all of them. This way you can maybe get closer.
>>
>>60190963
I know someone in you're family owns a black chihuahua called fluffy
>>
>>60190979

W-what.. how did you..?

MOTHERF..
>>
>>60190963

>
Are there people you talked about being on IRC?
Yes

>Who did invite you? Could this person tell anybody about who you are?
Someone unknown, and I didn't talk with him about the things other guys discovered.

>Are you using a similar username somewhere else? An old email adress? A game account?
No, no, no.

>Where did you ever gave your real name in the internet? Maybe university?
Never. And no.

>Also try to make sure someone really knows and isn't just expecting, for example "I know you own a dog" can be guessing, but "I know you own a black chihuahua called fluffy" is knowing.
I know exactly what you're talking about. Now imagine that you're eating some chips. In the exact moment you're doing this, a guy tells you that you like chips. Something like that.

That's exactly why
>If you let slip that you own a dog, someone could easily say "hey, john, are you sitting on your couch again, being too lazy to do out with the dog?"
Doesn't work here. This happened LOTS of times.
>>
>>60190749
torrents can be traced back to your ip if they're public or someone else torrenting it decided to log all peers
>>
>>60191055
You don't happen to have an IP camera of some sorts or a curious neighbour?
>>
>>60191100

My old PC doesn't have it.
My neighbour is an old grandma.

Hey, don't take it as some sort of stereotype. Just that that honored lady doesn't have a PC, that's all.
>>
>>60191127
Just asking because of:
>Now imagine that you're eating some chips. In the exact moment you're doing this, a guy tells you that you like chips. Something like that.

Because unless you have a hardcore chips fetish, this is pretty hard to guess/know otherwise on that exact moment.
>>
>>60190854
Yeah its probably some loonix exploit shit again
>>
>>60191183

Yes, I guess it is. But believe me. It happened PLENTY of times, with this and another examples. For instance:

-One day I was having fun with my gf. Some minutes later, ALL the channel was talking about fucking, fetishes, and shit.

-Other day I was watching a film. The same day, few hours ago, some guys commenting scenes of the same movie I was watching.

Believe me: PLENTY of times. This crazes me.
>>
>>60190600
Fuck off and kill yourself, you fucking retard.
>>
>>60190600
Learn English, shit stain.
>>
bump, help please.
>>
>>60191260
you probably spend a lot of time on the irc and these things stand out more so, but fetishes and movies aren't very exclusive
>>
>>60191408

>fetishes and movies aren't very exclusive.

This is not about exclusiveness, man. This is about predicting THE EXACT MOMENT you're doing totally random things, to the point that maybe, MAYBE, this couldn't be prediction at all, but the finest spyware I cannot figure.

That's why I'm here asking you, guys. And no, I don't spend all day in IRC.
>>
Magnets
>>
>>60190600
Several things could have happened,
rused the username,
a mod was tracking you anonymously and trolled you,
you could be using an outdated os/firewall. (What os and are you sure your routers firewall is even on? what ports do you have forwarded?)
Several other already suggested things

But, what I would be weary of is if someone were to have already infected your computer, they could easily monitor ALL of your actions and gather this info over the course of years. One drunken night, they could easily see what 4chan thread you are on, find your post, go there on their own computer, strike up a conversation with you, and invite you over to irc.. and youd never know they had control over your computer and info this entire time.
>>
>>60191426
Quit being a bitch and just format and reinstall, then join the channel and see. If you're really dubious look up how to find a spycam
>>
>>60191438

Windows 7 with all updates to the date/ I think they are / I'm sure ports are closed excepting the ones I use to download things (can these ports be used to introduce trojans or related shit?)

And no other guy has used this computer, I'm sure because I bought it three months ago and never left my home.
>>
>>60191260
interesting, more examples?
>>60191127
>>60191438
>old pc
so your new one doesn't have a webcam OR mic either? Im willing to bet your and/or her cellphone(s) have mics and cameras.
(btw, firewalls arnt going to stop an infection from spreading from within the network. If HER cellphone or laptop has a self-spreading infection, and you let it on your wifi, it can more easily spread to your computers than from outside the firewall.)
>>
>>60191505
Some sites have self downloading and self installing viruses (assuming it hasnt been completly patched in the last 10 years that Ive been under a rock).
>can the few open ports used to download shit be used against you
It depends on what programs are listening on that port. If the program has a vulnerability or exploit, they could send some bullshit package that exploits this exploit and run code on your machine.
>>
>>60191546

Jdownloader do that?
utorrent?
>>
>>60191260
>One day I was having fun with my gf.
I guess you didn't have 'fun' online but IRL? In a different room than where you computer is? And you didn't talk about it in chat/phone/sms/whatever and neither did your girlfriend? Cause that is some mighty fine hacking.
>>
>>60191694

Yes, I meant IRL. And no, I didn't think this could be interesting to anyone.
>>
>>60191650
I doubt it. The guy would have to have an epic zero day for that one, and the people who access to those are above trolling.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.