[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would it be better for me to learn C# or Java as a beginner

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

File: nerd.jpg (40KB, 580x387px) Image search: [Google]
nerd.jpg
40KB, 580x387px
Would it be better for me to learn C# or Java as a beginner in programming?
>>
Start from the basic. Learn C or C++ for basic structure like array, pointer, linked list, etc, and clean trash afterwards. Then Java, Python, and so forth.
>>
C#.

Java a shit.
>>
>>60190156
>Start with C
>Then Python

wut
>>
>>60190184
OP here. I'm guessing they're completely different?
>>
C# because it's less terrible
>>
They're pretty similar. I'd learn Java since it's more utilized outside Windows environment
>>
>>60190192
C
#include <stdio.h>
int main()
{
printf("Hello, World!");
return 0;
}

Python
print("Hello, World!")

Most people recommend a language like Python to a beginner due to its simple syntax. You can worry more about the way the code works rather than worry about strict syntax
>>
>>60190184
Well IMO Python is more advanced and eaisly got on hand if you understand the basics of programming language. So learning C is just for understanding, and then get on Python for general use. What's wrong with that you fucking trip fag
>>
>>60190226
Holy shit Python looks simple.
>>
>>60190226
>printf
>could've just been puts
>Or even better, not:
#include <stdio.h>
int main(){
const char hello = "Hello, World!";
for(char *i = hello; *i != '\0';)
putchar_unlocked(*i++);
}

Pajeet get out of my board
>>
>>60190293
Should've been const char * of course
>>
>>60190235
It's meant to be simple to write and read. Of course there's always more in-depth differences between languages but if you can worry about that when you actually know how to program something.
>>
>>60190090
Theyre basically the same thing. C# is just Microsoft Java. If you want to get a code monkey job Java is a better choice.
>>
>>60190293
This is terrible C
>>
>>60190226
wtf i hate c now
>>
>>60190090
Java then C.
You'll start to realize how shitty java is in terms of actual usage.
Unless you plan to do web stuff then java is your weapon of choice.
>>
>>60190344
3x faster than printf, what's so terrible about it?
>>
>>60190090
C#.
Fuck Python, Fuck Javascript, and fuck everything they stand for.
>>
OP here. I should of mentioned that last year I made the classic snake game at school (Though I was a bit confused with what I was doing). I still have the code and I uploaded it to pastebin. -> pastebin.com/YLDySuNv
>>
Just learn assembly. It's not any harder than shit like java and will make you a better and more marketable programmer.
>>
>>60190090
you should learn assembly as your first language, then from there go to C, you should start from the lowest level (so to speak) and then move up from there. This way you will understand memory management and other key aspects of programming better than if you were to just jump into a higher level language.
>>
>>60190192
Yeah. C is one level above machine code and it's still pretty much unintelligible gibberish. You have to allocate memory yourself which is definitely not something you should begin programming with.

Python is relatively high level, meaning you can just create lists of integer numbers, float numbers, text strings, other lists, your own custom objects and delete or add as you go. From a raw computing perspective this isn't trivial at all but Python makes it so. This comes at the cost of speed, but it's a lot easier and unless you do simulation or gaming the speed is sufficient.

Java is somewhere in between. The barebones stuff is still pretty low level, and it's almost as fast as C, but the many many packages that have become standard over the years make your life easier. Also it's THE OOP language (like C# and Python also - but badly implemented).

As a beginner I do suggest you start with Ruby or Python just to get a feel for programming. Then after than Java vs C# is not easy to answer. They are very similar but C# can make windows apps and Java can make Android apps.
>>
>>60190425
this, get the fundamentals of programming down first.
>>
>>60190448
python is not OOP
>>
>>60190090
It'd be better for you to stop living
>>
>>60190090
It realy depends what you want to do with programming anon, if you are looking to do sys admin or somthing allong those lines I would say learn bash or python first as they are useful for that. If you want to go the full programming route than either C, C++, or java would be your best bet.
>>
>>60190469
It claims to be, and it pretty much is if you want for beginner purposes like getting classes explained. Like I said practically it's just badly implemented and tacked on afterwards.

I like Ruby a lot more for this reason.
>>
>>60190382
Fuck holding a job when they realize the only language you use is C.
>>
>>60190226
WTF I love Python now
>>
File: 1456323359510.gif (1MB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1456323359510.gif
1MB, 720x720px
>>60190508
But he wrote C#, you bully.
>>
>>60190373
char *hello = "hello";
char *s = hello;
while (*s++)
putchar(*s);
>>
File: python.png (22KB, 499x183px) Image search: [Google]
python.png
22KB, 499x183px
I installed Python but I still get this error?
>>
>>60190090
You should learn both but learning C# first would make you a better programmer.
>>
>>60190333
This is false. J# and J++ were Microsoft's attempts at Java. C# is a better written programming language.
>>
>>60190090
Learn java or python, ignore all the retards telling you to learn lower level languages first. Both are widely used in industry too.
>>
>>60190676
install gentoo

but seriously though programming is a lot easier on linux
>>
>>60190741
Will Gentoo work through a vm?
>>
>>60190771
No it has to be a full install.
>>
>>60190771
Honestly if you are a beginner use noobuntu, don't fall for the Gentoo meme until you know what you are doing
>>
>>60190090
it'd be better if you fucking offed yourself
>>
>>60190771
don't install gentoo it's just a meme.
install ubuntu or mint, you can make live bootable USBs. But really you should be able to install python on windows, just follow google
>>
>>60190610
You realize, this is exactly the same code, apart from string content, unlocked and style, right?
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.