[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

high-bitrate mkvs are pausing intermittently when i'm streaming

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: R9000-product[1].png (778KB, 1791x1230px) Image search: [Google]
R9000-product[1].png
778KB, 1791x1230px
high-bitrate mkvs are pausing intermittently when i'm streaming them via lan and another device is streaming netflix

what is the bottleneck here? my router's cpu?
>>
>>60186573
> what is the bottleneck here? my router's cpu?
Not necessarily.

Could (more) easily be shitty firmware or interference / poor signal quality due to range on the air or something else.
>>
>>60186573
Wifi technology.

Most have 802.11n devices and routers which means a THEORETICAL speed of 72Mbps in perfect lab conditions. In reality this speed and general stability of the connection drops as the distance between the router and device increases. This isn't even taking into account the shitfit routers throw when more than a single person is connected to them.

However 802.11ac devices and routers are supposed to fix that by using mimo tech and a huge theoretical speed of at least 1Gbps.

Advice: stay fucked until 802.11ac devices and routers become popular and affordable.
>>
only netflix is using wifi, though

why is it affecting my speeds via ethernet/lan?
>>
>>60186703
> the shitfit routers throw when more than a single person is connected to them.
Not a typical problem with most of today's nice-ish routers.

Even with more CPU intensive things that require packet analysis or such enabled most halfway decent home (never mind enterprise) wlan AP/routers still take it quite well without much degrading the bandwidth.

> However 802.11ac devices and routers are supposed to fix that by using mimo tech and a huge theoretical speed of at least 1Gbps.
THAT on the other hand still won't be the usual case.

> Advice: stay fucked until 802.11ac devices and routers become popular and affordable.
They already have been the main thing on the market for like 1-2 years now and they are obviously affordable.
>>
File: v9_wan-lan_throughput.jpg (69KB, 459x884px) Image search: [Google]
v9_wan-lan_throughput.jpg
69KB, 459x884px
>>60186740
Presumably the router is running shitty firmware, or you got a very weak potato of a router, or your ISP is having some kind of trouble on its end (its not like all of them care that you got a perfect connection).

Pic related how a wired GB Ethernet connection looks on recent home routers, they all are extremely close to the theoretical maximum in throughput in tests.
>>
>>60186771
>They already have been the main thing on the market for like 1-2 years now and they are obviously affordable.
https://www.amazon.com/NETGEAR-Nighthawk-Tri-Band-Gigabit-Compatible/dp/B00KWHMR6G
>>
>>60186573
>streaming them via lan
It should have no issue with 1000mbps if it's a gigabit router.

Theoretical max being about 945mbps taking into account overhead.

If it can't handle ~50-100mbps from a high bitrate file, then you've got other issues at play.
>>
>>60186831
Yea, that's one of these many home routers, though a more high-end AC3200 one.

So what are you trying to tell me? That $220 is not affordable, or that this model or the models in the selection are the only choice, or something else?
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.