[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I used to think you guys were memeing when you said that onboard

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: imgres.jpg (6KB, 261x193px) Image search: [Google]
imgres.jpg
6KB, 261x193px
I used to think you guys were memeing when you said that onboard NICs died but I woke up my PC this morning and my onboard NIC is saying the cable is unplugged.
Uninstalled/reinstalled drivers, plugged different cables, into different devices, booted Linux even and nothing is working.

Seems it really is dead, and I fell for the mITX meme. Luckily I had a USB ethernet adapter sitting around but it is only USB2.0, so now I have to get a 3.0 adapter.

Learn from my mistakes.
>>
What nic ?
>>
>>60181751
>Learn from my mistakes.
>now I have to get a 3.0 adapter.
>Learn from my mistakes.
Are you brain dead? You really think that a $10 usb wifi is going to be anywhere near the same as a pci card?
>>
>>60181863
>wifi
Are you brain dead?
>>
>>60181935
My bad. I see USB and assume the worst. Unless you top out internet speeds over 30-40mbs you should be fine on USB. Still not a permanent solution however. Ports die from use too.
>>
File: apepe.jpg (20KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
apepe.jpg
20KB, 306x306px
>inb4 op says it was a realtek
you deserve everything that happens to you
>>
>>60181979
I can get 100Mbit down. If fact, the music I was streaming over the network was cutting out as I was downloading the Windows Feature Update. I'm holding a tiny little hope that it might stop fucking around if I install it.

I noticed a minute ago that my system time was about 9 hours off as well so something fucky is/was going on.

>>60181985
Of course it was Realtek, almost everything onboard is.
>>
>>60182024
>I can get 100Mbit down
Run a speed test and try not to cry. Won't be that much better on 3.0
>>
>>60182183
It wouldn't be because my Internet comes from a 100mbit ethernet cable coming out of a wall, its the fact that my local network is gigabit that having a Internet link I can saturate the interface with that becomes a problem.

Anyway, I fixed it. I remembered that computers aren't completely off when you shut them down so cycled the switch on the power supply and NIC LEDs came back to life. So something had fucked up in the chipset somewhere and it required the chipset to power cycle to fix it, which doesn't happen unless you cut power to the motherboard completely.
>>
File: 6266228653.png (21KB, 350x200px) Image search: [Google]
6266228653.png
21KB, 350x200px
>>60182183
>a couple of months ago i had 280/260
Fuck I hate getting transferred.
>>
to be fair it's pretty fucking rare for them for them to die out like that

but it can happen
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.