[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Private trackers are ruining piracy for everyone. If you can't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 281
Thread images: 35

File: trackers.png (74KB, 910x1568px)
trackers.png
74KB, 910x1568px
Private trackers are ruining piracy for everyone. If you can't see that you are legitimately retarded.
>>
no!
>>
>>60170637
t. nala
>>
>>60170637
shut up neon
>>
>>60170671
t. insane pooploop shitter
>>
>>60170637
Exclusives are pretty stupid, I agree.
If private trackers didn't wipe their databases they would be putting all of their users at extreme risk.
The last panel never happens outside of /ptg/
>>
>>60170637
OPPAITIME!
>>
>>60170707
>The last panel never happens outside of /ptg/

you're deluded if you think that, private tracker fags even outside of 4chan think it's hilarious when le public tracker scum get taken down
>>
>>60170732
Not true.
>>
>>60170705
Sir I will have you know Apollo is an outstanding establishment and I will not have you spreading your redtardism into its affairs!
>>
>>60170732
that's because private tracker retards deserve to be v&
>>
File: 1493649555856.gif (2MB, 320x384px) Image search: [Google]
1493649555856.gif
2MB, 320x384px
Private trackers ruin the idea behind the free exchange of information on the internet. They take information and wall it off in their enclaves to satisfy their paranoia. They also don't even provide any additional security. It just takes letting in a single wrong person and the network is compromised.

Private trackers need to die. Support a free and open internet.

Public trackers emphasize the sharing of information. It's free to anyone. Restricting it to your little elitist club that doesn't allow everyone in harms the spread of information. It's actively malicious because if information were only available through private trackers then only small segments of society would have access to it, the ones that are deemed good enough by a group of plutocrats with their heads up their own asses. Just like governments.
>>
>>60170772
No!
>>
>>60170755
I think you mean public anon.
>>
>>60170772
They wall it off because it's illegal you fucking retard. Doing it on a site anyone can access is just plain stupid
>>
File: 1488834363594.jpg (110KB, 1000x847px) Image search: [Google]
1488834363594.jpg
110KB, 1000x847px
>>60170772
>>60169585
>>
>>60170772
Private trackers literally make you share the content. Public trackers don't. You have this backwards.
>>
>>60170804
Sharing information is not an act of virtue, but simply a consequence of demand and supply. There's always going to be "leeching" because there's always more people in need of information than there is valuable information.
>>
>>60170821
It's not an exchange of information if it's only one way. In both cases it's free. It's not a "secret club" as there's no particular rules about who joins but rather just what you do when you get there.
>>
>>60170804
It's called public for a reason ya'know.
If you try to share something out from a private tracker and let them know they'll be on your ass.
>>
>>60170772
Ah yes, my 0 seeder public trackers!
>>
>>60170841
Only with the few trackers that have exclusives. 99% of content of those trackers aren't exclusive anyway, and the majority of trackers don't have exclusives.
>>
File: laugh.gif (2MB, 286x258px) Image search: [Google]
laugh.gif
2MB, 286x258px
>>60170832
So, by your logic then, free software should only be available to programmers that contribute to it, and not to everyone, right?

There will always be more leeching than seeding due to basic economics of supply and demand. Forcing your little laws to restrict the flow of information is exactly what governments and lawyers do. You become what you profess to hate.

I don't think you have 2 brain cells to rub together.

>>60170841
Exactly. If you take something off a private tracker and share it with the outside they will eviscerate you (even though music trackers for example take almost everything off rutracker and pass it off as their own for e-dick points). It's not about freedom, but about elitism. It's why private trackers are ruining piracy. Plus, you don't get to claim the moral high ground if you are sharing something created by something else against their will. You're actually worse than the RIAA/MPAA/the government at that point.

Keep responding with low IQ 1 liners though. It's cute.
>>
>>60170869
Considering we're talking bandwidth and not skill then sure you do need to "contribute" but what you're contributing takes no effort or money on your part. You can't share information if no one has that information to share. The public tracker model is not sustainable because most people aren't aware that they're supposed to pass that info onto the next person. Private trackers ensure that the exchange of information continues to happen.
>>
>>60170637
>want to join a private tracker
>have to beg for invites on IRC, deal with shady faggots that try to ban you, pass 3 interviews, pass 2 autism tests for music and video encoding that I'm never going to use, and finally, seed until my ratio is good enough

Fuck that
>>
>download album from thepiratebay
>a dozen RIAA niggers see your IP address unless you pay $6/month for a VPN

>spend a week filling out applications and doing interviews for an invite
>spend another week getting your ratio high enough so you can finally download something or buy a seedbox to build ratio faster
>download album from what.cd
>two undercover RIAA niggers see your IP address unless you pay $6/month for a VPN

>download album from mega.nz
>no RIAA niggers see your IP address
>actually obtained the album without paying any money for it

why do people use torrents again?
>>
Gotta agree

Private trackers are like a scumbag taking a zlib licensed project and dressing it up a little and selling it for hundreds. You can do it but it makes you human garbage.
>>
>>60170902
>mega.nz

>your weekly download limit has been reached
>>
>>60170902
what is no more anon
>>
>>60170913
>spend 10 seconds resetting router to get new IP

also I have never hit their weekly download limit. I downloaded GTAV (60GB) and still didn't hit the limit. what is it, 100GB/week?
>>
File: 1324247658572.jpg (4KB, 126x123px) Image search: [Google]
1324247658572.jpg
4KB, 126x123px
>>60170637
t. pubbie faggot

suck it, you are the cancer that is killing piracy.
>>
>>60170637
>t. tiggered nyaa faggot
>>
>>60170934
>>60170957
>privatecucks calling people faggots and offering no argument
>publicpatricians offering paragraphs on the ethics of file sharing and how private trackers are harmful to the community

rlly maeks u tink
>>
>>60170792
Actually the reverse is true in these circumstances. The more participants you have active in it the more difficult it becomes to prosecute and individual, but even moreso the community. Eventually a substantial backlash could develop or conversely a change in IP and copyright laws.
>>
>>60170969
You don't seed, so fuck off.
>>
>implying someone would risk their life to keep kids whose parents won't buy them games, coming to the shitty pirate search engine
>>
>>60170969
>triggered nyaa cuck triggered he can't get an AB invite
>>
>>60170892
>that they're supposed to pass that info onto the next person.

There's that meme again! That anyone who torrents MUST IN TURN SEED.

Well, you see here, faggot, you don't have to.

>B-b-but that's how torrents die out! No seeders!

Well, looks like the content wasn't popular enough to warrant sharing then huh?
>>
>>60170990
all animebytes does is steal from nyaa, just like what.cd used to do with rutracker, and its replacements do now, then stonewall that off from the rest of humanity
>>
>>60171000
No, I release to AB.
>>
File: bait.png (148KB, 2500x1645px) Image search: [Google]
bait.png
148KB, 2500x1645px
>>60171000
>what.cd used to do with rutracker
>>
>>60170637
But very few releases on private trackers are exclusive. They don't stop you if you want to take what you download and upload it back to the public. Once you get use to using private trackers using public sucks. You know what you're getting and the users autisticly check for shitty encodes and the such.
>>
>>60171023
>No, I have an rss to check nyaa every 3 seconds so I can upload it to AB and claim I did it and get ecock points

hmmm
>>
>>60170986
>implying private trackers aren't piss easy to infiltrate
>>
>>60170637
I know private trackers are disgusting but there is some content you can only find on them. To compensate I always upload to TPB things I can't find on it.
>>
>>60171096
>To compensate I always upload to TPB things I can't find on it.

REEEEE!!!! YOU CAN'T DO THAT!!!! HOW DARE YOU SHARE INFORMATION WITH THE PROLES!!!!
>>
File: Capture.png (49KB, 626x619px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
49KB, 626x619px
>>60171035
>>
>>60170993
>Well, looks like the content wasn't popular enough to warrant sharing then huh?

Popularity does not mean quality or relevance.
>>
>>60171115
Literally no one who uses private trackers thinks this
>>
>>60170637
private shit sucks.

It should be like the goddess that has a casual filter in order to access it
>>
>>60171166
your english translator is broken
>>
>>60171172
no it's perfectly fine.
>>
>>60171143
And leeching does not mean that you have to seed either. So fuck yourself and your flawed logic.

People will share the stuff they like sharing. If you can only find some low key shit because some retard is forcing themselves to seed shit they wouldn't otherwise seed if there weren't ratio limitations on that private tracker, then what the fuck is the point in them sharing it?

Like think in real world terms. I got a SuperMan Nintendo 64 cartridge. The game fucking sucks and you fly through rings. Why the fuck would I keep holding onto this shitty N64 cart if I can just throw it out since obviously neither I nor most people want this shit anyways? Now if I liked Majora's Mask and think it's worthwhile to share, then of course that gets seeded.

Lack of seeders essentially culls irrelevant and unnecessary content amongst shared content that gets shared around.
>>
>>60171187
Once again you're equating popularity and quality. If two people like obscure music that's one person more sharing it than normal. Then perhaps someone else finds it in a few months. Guess what? They still can do that. Your system is flawed.
>>
>>60171172
your new is showing
>>
> You get banned if you take something from private tracker A and upload it to private tracker B
:thinking:
>>
>>60171249
that's the guy that takes the exclusive shit and puts it on tbp etc
>>
>>60171201
If the person that liked obscure music liked enough to leech, but didn't like it enough to seed it back for other people, then they probably didn't like it as much you _think_ they did.

The private tracker scene isn't sustainable-- People who are force-seeding shit they don't care for will eventually drop from the scene anyways.

For the content to live on it has to be worthwhile enough that people find it WORTHWHILE to share.

Even if I had your first birthday as a video file right now, I wouldn't bother sharing it on any medium, facebook, youtube, or even in some torrent package. The content is worthless for sharing, I don't like it, and nobody else would bother liking it enough to leech it, let alone seed it back.

Popularity, relevance, and desire for shared content is what essentially keeps that content alive. It doesn't matter if it's private tracker or not; people aren't going to seed shit content. They aren't going to continue seeing Sony Vegas 9 if a newer version is out. They aren't going to continue seeding a Youtube-DL rip of Michael Jackson's albums if a direct FLAC rip is in circulation.

There is legitimately shit content that nobody wants to seed or leech and it's GOOD that it gets culled due to changing tastes as time goes on. There's little reason to keep seeding shit content ad infinitum because "da private tracker told me to"
>>
>>60171276
You really don't know the lengths private tracker cucks go to
They pay hundreds for gbps seedboxes with terabytes of storage. And there's tons of them.
>>
>>60171276
Not the guy you are replying to but I like pretty obscure films, but I never seed them. Like I already have it what does seeding get me?
>>
>>60171290
>They pay hundreds for gbps seedboxes with terabytes of storage. And there's tons of them.
y-you're just a f-fucking yify p-pleb that doesn't understand...
>>
>>60171290
That is really the most amazing thing about it. Like if you are going to put this much money, effort and risk into pirated content you might as well just buy the movie for 5$ or so
>>
>>60171290
The top echelon of any private tracker is just a wallet contest to see who can afford the fastest seedbox with the biggest capacity and snatch every new upload and seed it to all other leechers because clients prioritize his faster connection.
It's sad.
>>
ITT: people make shit up about private trackers.

Only a handful of internals are supposed to stay tracker exclusive. People re-upload em anyway, because fuck exclusives.

You'd be hard pressed to find someone who thinks private tracker content should not find its way onto public trackers / usenet / other p2p.
>>
>>60171331
Then what is the whole point of it?
>>
>>60171343
Usually a closed gated community where it's easier to torrent without getting threatening letters or your ISP service cut off
But if you're an americuck you should kill yourself anyways so that kinda defeats the point
>>
>>60171343
Generally to narrow the focus of the content, disallow very heavy leeching and encourage uploading of new content through user class promotion and shit.

Also to try to keep out copyright cartel shitheads so the chance of getting a copyright letter is lower than on public trackers.
>>
>>60171343
m-m-muh exclusive club status.

They're no safer than public trackers, as MPAA insiders can get in just as easily as any random that wants an invite on an IRC channel. Private trackers have gone down (permanently) more frequently than public trackers, and private trackers often fold at the first DMCA request and are poof--gone after that.

There's no point to trying to go through any shitty hoops to get an invite, or seeding content you wanted to leech but found out wasn't that great and you don't really want to seed it anymore, but stringent seed ratios prevents you from removing it for the next week or in some cases month(s), etc.

It's placebo shit, and ultimately the content that will continue to circulate is stuff that people put themselves out there to share, not because some private tracker put some arbitrary seed ratio restriction on members.

If it's great content that people really like and really want to share, the internet will find a way, and other people will be able to get it from these guys.

If it's shit content, it'll hit the 0 seeders grave never to return.
>>
File: 1448274238960[2].gif (3MB, 220x324px) Image search: [Google]
1448274238960[2].gif
3MB, 220x324px
>>60171368
>>60171367
lol, do you know how many private trackers have been taken down? like >>60171376 said they fold at the first sign of difficulty or any cease and desist. Compare that to a site like TBP, which you insult, whose founders got thrown in jail for defending piracy and not yielding- something your autistic private tracker admins would NEVER do.

Private trackers act like they're the barometer of quality and sharing, and are against 'parasites' etc, but as soon as they get one little letter, *poof*! Everything gets wiped to save the admins' asses.
>>
>>60171376
So this is what it's like listening to someone with a serious case of sour grapes.
>>
>>60171399
People running private trackers are obviously doing it for donations. They don't give a shit about the community or the content they host and at the first sign of trouble of course they're going to run away.
>>
>>60171399
>Compare that to a site like TBP, which you insult

I haven't though. I have used TPB in the past. I support all forms of piracy - ftp, irc, ddl, usenet, public and private trackers, etc.

I'm on a bunch of private trackers because they have content that no other source has.
>>
>>60170772
Old torrents on public trackers are slow as fuck. Public trackers are gay.
>>
>>60171414
>I'm on a bunch of private trackers because they have content that no other source has.
the point is that that is wrong and we should support a free and open internet. most privatefaggots look down upon public trackers.

>>60171413
Exactly. The whole 'sharing' that they espouse is merely a pretense. The admins always wipe everything at the first sign of difficulty, compared to the people who run TBP etc who will DIE for piracy.
>>
>>60170637
To be fair private trackers have only gotten really hard to join in the past year or two. I got on all the cabal trackers bar HDB in 2013 just by asking on irc for an invite.
>>
>>60171452
even if they weren't difficult to get into the very structure of them is frankly a problem
>>
you're all stupid fucking faggots. the quality is infinitely better on private trackers because they actually expect something out of your sorry ass instead of a million leaches and viruses on public trackers. your whole "free and open internet" schtick is being attacked by hollywood film making corporations that want to see all file based content killed off and they want their own subscription based streaming shits used. they cant fuck with private trackers, but they sure can fuck with the pirate bay and kickass and all you public cunts. stop being fucking pussies and join private trackers, because your always welcome and it's always free as long as your not a stupid fucking faggot. YOU need to give back. this is a thread full of autistic leeches, and i hope you live with 480p movies recorded by some neckbeard in his local theater in china with google translate english subtitles baked in for the rest of your life
>>
>>60171312
It's for convenience.
>>
>>60171515
>they cant fuck with private trackers
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/What.CD

btfo nerd
>>
>>60171276
People are selfish. If you impose no requirement to consider others, they won't. They gain nothing from it. They have the file and they can enjoy it just as much whether they're seeding or not, and managing seeding takes at least some effort, so they stop the torrent to have the most gain for the least work.
Public trackers aren't some egalitarian regime where everyone is judging whether a torrent lives or dies based on merit, they're a sea of chads taking advantage of a few cucks. No torrent lasts unless it gets a semi-permanent cuck, and it dies when he leaves.
Private trackers actually have retention, so you can come by years later and still have your choice of content. Everyone being forced to share their connections means there's more bandwidth to go around, meaning each can share more content. Why would I share 1 file with 1000 people who limit their upload to 1KB/s and remove it from their client upon completion, when I can share 1000 files with whoever wants them because each person who takes a copy passes it on to another, meaning I'm freed from needing to host every single peer?
>>
>>60171535
lmao yeah they had it coming, the assholes put their shit in france for fucks sakes. whatd they think was gonna happen? i wish itd come back, it was so fucking nice. all the music i ever wanted was right there.
>>
>>60171413
>Donating for pirated content
>And spending hundreds on machines with the sole purpose of providing content to others illegally
Top kek
>>
Getting into private trackers (which are dying left and right, by the way) is a waste of time unless you really care about collecting content you might not even consume. It's also quite harder than before to even get into these trackers, with forms to fill or hunting for invites, having to demonstrate that you're essentially using your internet connection mostly for providing people with shit you don't care about for the sake of getting a higher number.

The only true reward private trackers offer these days is content that you can't find on public trackers. If you are ok with a rip with somewhat less quality, that still allows you to watch watch you want without noticing the difference most of the time, you're giving a lot in exchange for very little by finding the alternative on private trackers.
>>
>>60171515
What's the excuse for BTN then you fucking autist
>>
File: 1493535436794.jpg (562KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1493535436794.jpg
562KB, 1600x1200px
>>60170913
>>60170932
>they don't know about MegaDownloader_v1.7
This is how i know you're new.
>>
>>60171605
There are plenty of obscure documentaries and other films which aren't available anywhere apart from private trackers lad. It's not quite so bad for tv but there's still plenty of older shit you won't find seeded on public trackers.

Since I've had access to the cabal I've basically never had that frustration I used to get all the time where I would hear something was great and then be completely unable to find it.
>>
>>60171638
what about it?
>>
>>60171638
>the exception that proves the rule
>>
>>60171670
You don't have to give back shit, just a week of seeding to nobody usually
>>
>>60171647
>using a botnet
>>
>>60171683
thats just btn, whatever dude. they're weird i guess. in all honesty i don't understand why they do that. i would still seed as much as i could in case someone wanted what i had and no one else did. do they run their own seedboxes?
>>
>>60171433
>y...you should be seeding for me!
Yeah, no. I'll seed to people who seed back.
>>
>>60171515
the sole reason private trackers still exist is because sites like TPB and KAT are (were) much larger targets.

>>60171565
please stop talking about things you don't understand.
where the site's hosted rarely matters.

most pirate sites hide behind Cloudflare to obscure their origin IP.
once they file a legal complaint and win the case against cloudflare they will shut you down no matter which country the server's located.

and even if you were to host the server on some remote island it'd cost thousands a month compared to an equivalent OVH box (where whatcd was hosted) that only costs $100, not to mention terrible peering and frequent outages.
>>
>>60171752
>once they file a legal complaint and win the case against cloudflare they will shut you down no matter which country the server's located.
please elaborate
how is this possible to shutdown a server that is located in some rogue country that doesn't care about US copyright law (ex. russia)
I'm not talking about domain but the server
>>
>>60170637
private trackers keep out the plebs who don't help out the swarm. I don't want to share a site with the type of retards who stream shit from putlocker
>>
>>60171605
It's really not that hard. A lot of websites have opensign up at certain times of the year and new websites are always popping up.
>>
If the MPAA/RIAA wanted to, they could hit every single private tracker in a day and force ISPs to produce logs of every single member of them

private trackers are INSANELY unsafe because they literally log all transactions. Most likely as a fail safe so when they get raided by the government they can sell out the users in exchange for less jail time/fines or outright immunity.
>>
>>60170895
This is the real problem.
>>
>>60171794
It really doesn't though, ratio building is a game people play, trying to get in as fast as possible to the most popular torrents so people can build their ratio on the backs of the people who come afterwards.

The number of people who actually seed rare content because they want to share it with others is pretty fucking small.
>>
>>60171774
While a physical raid is unlikely, I highly doubt the hosting company would stand up for the client if shit seriously hits the fan (i.e., a case where they've won against cloudflare, a company that even stood up against FBI)

and Russia is no longer piracy-friendly.
>>
This is why I hate private trackers and the torrent scene, muh exclusives, MUH you're not allowed to upload content we've stolen anywhere else because that's MUH STEALING. Fuck all of them.
>>
>>60170932
6GB in one go.
>>
>>60170977
You can write a bash one liner to report flocks to authorities.
All you need is access to the flock.
>>
I wouldn't say they're ruining piracy, but they are fucking stupid. I've been a member of most of the big-name private trackers over the years and each one has shut down. All of the stuff I found on those private trackers I could easily find on public trackers, forums, and direct download sites, so I stopped bothering with private trackers entirely.
>>
>>60170772
>It just takes letting in a single wrong person and the network is compromised.
All of them are compromised with copyright enforcers and government agents. They gather information over a period of time and then hit the sites with a takedown order.

All private trackers do is offer the illusion of security and privacy.
>>
>>60172404
SHUT UP PUBSHIT FAGGOT PRIVATE TRACKERS ARE FUCKING INVINCIBLE NO PRIVATE TRACKER HAS EVER BEEN TAKEN DOWN EVER
>>
>>60172377
BTN has been around for 7 years and PTP for 8, they're the biggest name trackers and haven't shut down at all. You clearly haven't been on either of them or you'd know how much more is available there all without the frustration of wading through dead links.
>>
So why doesn't someone just smuggle some gold to North Korea and set up shop there?
>>
>what
>blackcats

lol, what's the next private tracker to die? cannot WAIT for the pub masterrace to get the last laugh kek kek kek
>>
File: FB_IMG_1492302680521.jpg (45KB, 537x749px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1492302680521.jpg
45KB, 537x749px
what are some good tor torrent sites? it seems like the only logical progression since the surface is so infested with fun-ruining ameritards
>>
>>60172867
everything is private tracker cuckolding now, rip piracy
>>
>>60172867
>tor
>torrent sites
>>
>download from private tracker
>can't upload because no one else is downloading
>shit ratio
>b&
it's like a ponzi scheme.
>>
private trackers are for AUTISTIC ASPIES
>>
>>60170772
I got in the sekrit clubs years ago, so fuck it
>>
>>60174858
typical FYGM smug bastard who brags about "freedom" then, gasp! doesn't care about it at all

typical private tracker user.
>>
>>60170895
Then you get there and never seed because you're TPB scum and you're used to pausing your torrents the second they finish. Good riddance. If you don't want it enough and you're not passionate enough about the subject matter then you shouldn't be on there. Private trackers are for enthusiasts, public trackers are for normies.
>>
Information that is not shared is meaningless.
>>
>>60175058
there we go again, private tracker fags think they own the rights to something they stole in the first place
>>
File: CbUQMjW0AEPtyY.jpg_large.jpg (77KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
CbUQMjW0AEPtyY.jpg_large.jpg
77KB, 640x640px
>all this desperate rationalisation from pubbies who never, ever seed and don't have any interests beyond seeing the latest episode of Game of Thrones
>>
>>60175058
Private trackers exemplify everything that I despise about account based forums. Everything bad about namefags, tripfags, avatarfags, signaturefags, and rulefags can be found festering there. ALL non-anonymous communities are cancer by merit of being non-anonymous.
>>
>>60175088
I don't watch HBOshit and I guarantee you that my tastes in music, film, literature, and videogames are vastly, vastly superior to your own.

Private trackers are antithetical to the spirit of p2p, which is sharing. It's claiming the right to information, for a limited elite. But unlike the jew companies, you didn't even create it in the first place, and have even less of a grounds to stand on.
>>
>>60175088
No, you're right, I DON'T have any interest beyond watching anime. I don't give a fuck about your club, or your post counts, or your circlejerk threads, or whatever the fuck else it is you do with other members of your group. I don't want to fucking socialize with you, I want to watch anime.
>>
>>60175127
So don't? I've never made a single post on any of my private trackers.
>>
Why do you guys support muh sekrit club elitist trackers?

Don't you people appreciate the free, anonymous, and decentralized nature of 4chan and free software? Don't you realize private trackers are the antithesis of freedom and equality? Imagine if free software developers only let programmers use their software.

>FUCK YOU LEECHES YOU CAN ONLY USE THE LINUX KERNEL UNLESS YOU MADE CONTRIBS

that's you. Except you didn't create anything. You took it from someone else (content creators) and then acted like YOU had the right on its distribution. Shameful.
>>
>>60175239
I'm a private tracker fag and I still have a place in my heart for public trackers but the things is they do nothing to stop hit and run leechers who are a detriment to privacy. It's basically retarded normies who think if you stop seeding you wont be visible in the swarm.
>>
>>60175239
You're just eternally butthurt you're too autistic to hold a conversation on IRC and you're not passionate enough about whatever hobby you have to pass an intermediate level interview. You don't care enough about your hobby that you want to sustain it for others so anybody who wants an old episode of an shine you liked can get that file with ease thanks to your seeding. You're selfish and stupid. That's why you hate "elitist private trackers". Because we care about our interests and you're a Chad in weeb clothing.
>>
>suck dick in exchange for downloads
>brag about sucking dick in exchange for downloads
>act like you are superior to everyone who downloads things without sucking dick in exchange for those things
>being a ratiocuck
>>
>>60175309
>so anybody who wants an old episode of an shine you liked can get that file with ease thanks to your seeding
This, this right here, is EXACTLY why private trackers are fundamentally wrong and broken. Do you want to know why? Because your entire motivation for seeding is completely undermined when you do not allow anybody to download.
>>
>>60175305
>hit and run leechers

That's you if you use free software without contributing to its development.

I don't think you understand the philosophy behind p2p. Private sharing? That's a contradiction.
>>
>>60175333
>MUH MARGINAL DROP IN INTERNET SPEEDS FROM SEEDING
>HOW CAN I STREAM LEAGUE ON TWITCH NOW.
>FUCKING PRIVATE KEKS ENSURING TORRENTS CONTINUE TO BE ALIVE FOR YEARS WHERE'S MY HDCAM OF KONG SKULL ISLAND
>>
>>60175347
no there is a difference between using FOSS and being a malignant tumor that actively harms others in public trackers.
>>
>>60175379
>tfw you will never be this mad because you are not a ratiocuck
>>
>>60175385
Don't bother, he's probably never used Linux in his life and can't even comprehend how flawed and butthurt his analogy was.
>>
>>60175407
Except I've contributed ebuilds to gentoo repos you dumbfuck cuckold. My analogy isn't flawed at all. You are a cancer on FOSS and p2p.
>>
>>60175448
Aren't you the guy defending NOT seeding? Yet you feel I'm the cancer? Go fuck yourself to your HDcam rip with Korsubs copy of Logan with 10,000 leechers and 4 seeders you fag. Your rotten attitude is the reason you never got into any private trackers. Or have any friends.
>>
>>60175448
you don't have to patch upstream to improve FOSS. I'm a wincuck and told hexchat guys about a bug they overlooked. I don't even code and I still made the software more usable.
>>
>>60175476
>Aren't you the guy defending NOT seeding?

I'm defending a total freedom of information. If you want to not seed, go ahead. If I wrote a program and you want to use it without contributing anything to my project, go ahead.

You didn't even create what you are hoarding. You took it from someone else, then said FUCK YOU GOT MINE!!!!! and your rationalization? a bunch of ad hominem trash.
>>
>>60175499
You're probably subbed to my YouTube channel and regurgitate my opinions everywhere about anime I like so I'm creating much more than you. Fuck yourself, your retarded analogies and your total inability to understand why a community full of leeches for files that RELY people sharing them wouldn't fucking work for anything on an enthusiast level. There's a reason TPB is barely usable and the catalogue is puddle deep. Fuck off.
>>
File: 1479698784793[1].jpg (260KB, 736x916px) Image search: [Google]
1479698784793[1].jpg
260KB, 736x916px
>>60175532
>You're probably subbed to my YouTube channel and regurgitate my opinions everywhere about anime I like so I'm creating much more than you
I don't watch ecelebs, but it's not surprising that you are one.

All you're writing is irascible ad-hominem screed. Not one coherent argument.

>your retarded analogies and your total inability to understand why a community full of leeches for files

Hmm, like 95+% of the FOSS community? I guarantee you use FOSS software but are a leech on the programmers who created it. Where are your patches, leech? You use a torrent client? Did you pay for it or write part of the source code leech?
>>
>>60175593
>using software with a FOSS license is the same as ensuring that torrents die and public trackers are complete cesspits driven by pure selfishness relying on a few cucks who seed

It's a shame you were never able to get into a private tracker and enjoy something that isn't pure shit like TPB, you might not be in here raving out of pure envy for my active torrents and vast library of things to download for the small price of seeding for a few hours a day. In saying that, you'd get banned immediately because you're just a parasitic Chad with low energy.
>>
>>60175649
>It's a shame you were never able to get into a private tracker and enjoy something that isn't pure shit like TPB, you might not be in here raving out of pure envy for my active torrents and vast library of things to download for the small price of seeding for a few hours a day. In saying that, you'd get banned immediately because you're just a parasitic Chad with low energy.
More ad hominems. Man. You're on fire today dude.

The point is that something that can be reproduced infinitely shouldn't be restricted, especially by people who obtained it without consent of the producers of that data.
>>
>>60175724
It isn't restricted, if you had an ounce of energy or motivation to you you'd be able to get in. It isn't hard.

This is an illegal activity and there's merits to keeping it to a small pool with rules that ensure everyone has the best possible experience, not just a series of glorified download codes. But you're going to deny everything I say because you're bitter nyaa.se is gone. In the time you've been arguing with me you could have got into a private tracker and applied some ass cream to your hurt butt about your pubbie site being taken down. I don't care, you do you. I know you're too autistic to let me have the final word.
>>
>>60175770
>bitter nyaa.se is gone

Not really, not an anime fan anymore like I was years ago. I just saw it as an opportunity to discuss why private trackers are unethical.
>>
>*slurp suck suckle slurp*
>haha LOL what kind of loser doesn't suck dick in exchange for downloads?
>lol I bet his downloads on public trackers are like 3x slower than the fast downloads I get in exchange for sucking all this hot dick
>*slurp slurp*
>come on dude it only costs $10/month for this seedbox and this 20TB of HDDs didn't cost much either don't be a casual!
>*suck suck slurrrrp*
>why didn't I just buy the DVDs instead of going through all this trouble and paying2pirate? STFU noob I'm a torrenting enthusiast normie plebs like you wouldn't understand xD
>>
>>60175813
you fucking yify pleb you just don't get it, keep watching game of thrones!!!! fucking idiot curry pajeet leech lmao I STOLE SHIT FROM A COMPANY BUT I WON'T LET YOU PROLES HAVE ANY OF IT ONLY MY CIRCLEJERK GETS IT
>>
>>60176006
>>60175813
yall want iptorrents invite? i can give you a taste of the sweet life
>>
>>60175781
>unethical
what would be ethical? paying for cultural content? c'mon, if you don't pirate it, that does not mean you're going to buy it.
>>
>>60176027
If you're offering, then I'll try private trackers, sure. Maybe you will prove me wrong.

[email protected]
>>
>>60175813
>pubbies site goes down
>suddenly the distant roar of a tidal wave of tears
>dozens of threads on the /g/ front page crying and begging for an alternative to their shitty public tracker
>sucking cock left and right from patricians who don't rely on any one site for their content begging for invites and links

I can't wait for it to happen again. Nyaa.se going down was fun but I can't wait for a more Chad friendly public tracker to die so I can get my cock sucked and lubed up by your helpless tears.
>>
File: kontroll.jpg (477KB, 1748x2480px) Image search: [Google]
kontroll.jpg
477KB, 1748x2480px
>>60176174
this

>KAT goes down
>dozens of dumb frogposters on /g/ with threads in all caps FUCK WHAT DO I DO NOW
>immense amounts of tears and begging for an alternative
>even one or two threatening to kill themselves if they don't get something to tide them over

It's always the best time. Pubbies are like newborn babies; they need someone else to change their nappies for them they're so retarded and unable to fend for themselves. Fucking normalfags of the internet in denial.
>>
>>60176266
Were you even in ptg or on /g/ in general when what went down? There were way more chimpouts.
>>
>>60176335
aww I member IRC full of wcd refugees while I was chillin' on exigo and pedro's xbt
>>
>all this public vs. private tracker shitflinging
>not being DDL master race

never worry about seeders, never worry about RIAA niggers seeing your IP, never pay2pirate, never worry about ratios. filehost is supported by ad revenue by all the subhuman normalfags who don't know how to block ads, uploaders are rewarded with a cut of that ad revenue, and everyone else can leech all day long with no guilt.
>>
>>60176491
This
>>
File: 1476444493055.jpg (43KB, 590x407px) Image search: [Google]
1476444493055.jpg
43KB, 590x407px
>/g/:
>haha seeeding and uploading is for cucks
>wtf why is every public tracker dead now i want free stuff with out having to do nothing in return
>>
>>60176491
>DDL master race
>popular content only
low bait if you ask me
>>
>>60176561
this isn't /g/, this is neo-/v/ infested /g/.
>>
>>60176577
>implying it isn't the opposite

only popular content on torrent trackers is seeded. unpopular content can remain on DDL hosts for many years, not all filehosts delete unpopular content like mega.nz and companies rarely bother to DMCA old content they aren't profiting from anymore.
>>
>>60176577
The more popular a torrent is, the more seeders it will have.

When a torrent isn't popular, it has less or even no seeders at all

Very inferior bait
>>
File: Capture.png (43KB, 1366x672px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
43KB, 1366x672px
>>60176561
Thank you very much, senpai!!!
>>60176601
you're /v/-infested /g/. I gave 500MB in return, because this is the maximum I can afford.
What's your problem?
>>
>>60176759
>companies rarely bother to DMCA old content they aren't profiting from anymore.
You think they give a fuck? They build bots to DMCA everything they've ever had a license to automatically.
>>
File: file.png (57KB, 996x835px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
57KB, 996x835px
>>60176491
>he isn't part of the private DDL master race
>>
>>60176491
How do I find content on filehosting websites?
>>
>>60176811
>SD
>720p
>SD
>720p
>720p
>720p
>SD
>SD
>SD
>SD
>pig disgusting normalfag professional porn
>>
>>60176870
search engines are a good place to start
>>
>>60176759
I didn't remember I wasn't posting on /ptg/, you don't know shit about private trackers.
Be blessed my child, I'd rather stay on HDB, XBT, TVV, CGO, Teh and a few other, you just don't know.
>>
File: normalfags.jpg (36KB, 600x345px) Image search: [Google]
normalfags.jpg
36KB, 600x345px
>a private WHAT?
>uhm... why don't you just use, like, netflix?
>>
>>60177564
>alright sweetie your ratio is high enough, you have my permission to download that movie now
>it would've taken 2 hours to download this movie with a public torrent, but now that you've finished kissing my ass in IRC for 3 hours and raising your ratio for 6 hours you can download it in 10 minutes!
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (146KB, 1622x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
146KB, 1622x1080px
Private trackers are capitalism.
Publicuck trackers are communism.

Who wants a helicopter ride?
>>
>>60177747
wrong. DDL piracy is capitalism, public trackers are socialism, and private trackers are communism.
>>
File: 220px-Political_chart.svg.png (41KB, 440x478px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Political_chart.svg.png
41KB, 440x478px
>>60177747
>>60177772
>>
>>60177747
haha my fellow /pol/ brah, fuckin' epic

mind if I repost this hot meme to the_donald m'pede?
>>
>>60172224
>>60170977
>>60170792
>>60170772
meanwhile in reality the authorities focus on public trackers almost exclusively. No amount of conjecture is going to change that.
>>
>>60172224

The more people, the more expensive it is to prosecute. Even if you win your case and each person owes you millions, that will be millions that you'll never see. You can't squeeze blood from a turnip.
>>
>>60177747
take your unfunny kike bullshit back to TRS faggot
>>
What.cd was the best tracker but the economics were fucked up. They rewarded bandwidth and not redundancy. It resulted in seedbox fest dominating freeleeches and you being reduced to uploading shitty bandcamp releases NOBODY cares about for the sole purpose of baiting autodownloaders. At the same time, perfectly good torrents went unseeded and died because nobody cares to provide redundancy.

Want a good tracker model? Look at BTN and PTP
>>
shut the fuck up and post pics of inflated nala and indian vocaroos
>>
>>60177747
Actually private trackers are more like socialism while public trackers are communism. Capitalism is buying the real thing, smartass.
>>
>>60170745
>>60170705
The power of crack
, and I can take a look at the replies to this email address. I am a beautiful person. I am a beautiful person. I am a beautiful person. I am a beautiful person. I am a beautiful person. The Japanese. . Home to the meeting tonight and tomorrow night, I am going through. If only way I see you soon, and the other dude. Just like to get the chance of winning the. I really like this. The only way we do not want to go to crunch, I am going through my email. It will not have the same. . . Fuck trump, but I think I understnad the. I really appreciate your patience and the noisy. The baby. The baby is a lot like a brother. I really appreciate this. It only way I see have
>>
>>60177672
As if you have anything better to do with your time since you've spent hours shitposting in your own thread. BTW I've never had to kiss anybody's ass or had to seed for hours to get into a private tracker, I just wait until they open registrations and get in. So fuck off with your strawman.
>>
File: 2.jpg (35KB, 390x261px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
35KB, 390x261px
What vpn is good for torrenting?
Does this one work?
https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/
>>
>>60178279
>I've never had to seed for hours to get into a private tracker
that part comes after you get in.

>this butthurt over the truth
>>
>>60178313
>paying to pirate

may as well use a free VPN that claims they don't keep logs, their claim is just as good as a paid VPN.
>>
>>60178520
>free VPN
this exists?
>>
>>60178594
Yeah. Don't expect anything great, though.
>>
File: 1493604552189.png (190KB, 960x873px) Image search: [Google]
1493604552189.png
190KB, 960x873px
>>60170637
>I was a ratio cuck at bakabt
>my home server's mobo died while seeding
>didn't watched animu for years
>see some memes and want to see some classic anime so try to log in my old account with great ratio
>they fucking deleted my account
I'm done with these fucking retards and now the wet pants became private tracker too.
I'll be fine with xdcc or public meme torrents. Even pirate bay is gold compared to this cocksucking tournament.
>>
>>60177884

I am in the purple quadrant, but primarily use public trackers, and occasionally use DDL.
>>
File: batgirl.png (762KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
batgirl.png
762KB, 1440x1080px
>>60171565
>not using slsk and/or rutracker.org
>>
>get invite to sows
>nice time to start downloading arcade rips since I can seed 24/7
>need to have uploaded 25 gb before you can download any ac rips
>free leech doesn't work with ac rips
>download all their free leech and seed 24/7
>8gb upload in 1 months time
>6000 members that have already downloaded everything so you have no one too seed to

yeah no thanks
>>
File: public_trackers.png (2KB, 252x82px) Image search: [Google]
public_trackers.png
2KB, 252x82px
Agreed. Sharing is caring.
Fuck private trackers.
>>
>>60181191
useful idiot
>>
>>60180839
just use ratiomaster/mratio on dead trackers. no one cares and no automated system will detect it if you use it properly.
>>
File: IMG_0112.jpg (33KB, 422x264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0112.jpg
33KB, 422x264px
Greetings people of 4chan

Epic 50 day sailing journey happing tomorrow starting
Targeting administrative personnel infos contacts etc
Eposing the truth to the whole American people and the people around the world
LulzSec N3Rk
(/)
Epic
Lots of Lulz

Always laughing at security
It's fake Lulz
>>
>>60170637
Private trackers are like rich sovereign countries. Everyone works and shares and therefor everyone thrives. They keep their borders in check, making sure no no-good leechers get in.

Then there are the greedy outsiders, who are jealous of those riches, but are too selfish to share. They refuse to see they're the reason these private trackers exist. They just want to leech all the nice stuff at high speeds. Leech of a society that they took no part in building, or care about sustaining.

It's almost like the real world.
>>
>>60171990
Only a tiny amount of the most autistic people on private trackers do that
>>
>>60181813
>dead trackers
examples?
>>
Ok, so, give me examples of what type of files have the private trackers.
>>
>>60181896
the fuck is this underage /b/tard shit
>>
>>60182838
What?
>>
Private trackers are great for turning a bog standard copyright violation into a criminal conspiracy with whistles and bells on.
>>
>>60182889

yeah give me that files
>>
>>60178129
Oh come on, what.cd wasn't that bad with its economy. It took me one year to hit Elite using only freeleech and ebook uploads on a home connection. Then again, I agree that it was always a shame to find the 0 seeder dead torrents.
>>
>>60171312
this, ive just been reading this thread because I wanted to join a private tracker instead of buying music. Now that I hear it offers no bonus except force me to upload files that I dont care about for other people, sounds like im getting cucked and I don't wanna be a seed slave. All I wanted was a place where I could torrent what I wanted and I will buy it or seed it if I liked it.
>>
Is frostwire safe?
>>
The people posting in this thread who are just shitting on private trackers are either trolling or have literally no idea what private trackers are all about.

Public trackers are fine for people who just want popular content with no hassle and no care for the quality of the content, but it's still a complete shitshow. There's no quality control at all - people put up new movies labeled "1080p" that are 1gb ultracompressed bullshit. Music on public trackers are the worst of all, tons of stuff will be transcodes of transcodes, mutrips, mislabeled as MP3-320 when it's actually 192, missing files, or best of all they'll be completely unseeded with 20+ leechers for eternity. Only very recent music or popular older music will continue to be seeded at all on public trackers. And don't even try telling me that you can't hear the difference between a 192kbs triple transcode and a perfect FLAC.

With private trackers, the faster DL speeds are just a little extra bonus. The main draw is really the excellent quality control and access to content. This is especially true for music. What.cd (and now RED & Apollo) are music's Great Library of Alexandria. Damn near perfectly organized content, in any choice of format, and you know exactly what you're getting when you DL it. You can't find any public tracker even close to this level of quality.

Also, anyone saying that you have to pay to DL on private trackers shouldn't even be on /g/. If you can't figure out how to thrive on a private tracker using only a standard internet connection, then you are technologically retarded.
>>
>>60183895
It's not as bad as you're probably thinking, but you do have to actually seed the things that you download. Seeding on a music private tracker is very straight forward, you just leave literally everything you download as seeding and 99.9% it won't be using any bandwidth at all, but you want to be connected and seeding for the chance that someone downloads what you're uploading. But it really doesn't take any effort or money at all.
>>
>>60172655
>>60172655
>BTN has been around for 7 years and PTP for 8, they're the biggest name trackers and haven't shut down at all.
Yet. What was around for many years before it was shut down, and Oink was around for many years before that. Their time will come.

>you'd know how much more is available there
I know what they have, and I also know that what they have is easy to find publicly if you know how and where to look. You're going to call bullshit on this and that's fine, I won't spoonfeed you anyway.

Private trackers exist to make idiots think they're special for being in a "super secret" club while that club leeches off of the rest of the pirating scene.
>>
that's why I only use ipt
it's basically a public tracker.. wal mart of private trackers
whatever you want to call it
but it has plenty of shit
>>
>>60183992
>FLAC autists with a mental illness that makes them think their oversized files sound better than 192kb/s youtube rips

private trackers are containment sites for people like this
>>
>>60177986
Meanwhile in reality, the pirate bay has been up for years despite efforts to take it down.

Private trackers are for fags. Torrents are for sharing information widely, not to a select few.
>>
>>60178653
The rules you had to read when you signed up said you had to log into your account every so often, idiot. Write a script to log in every week or so, it's not hard.
>>
>>60183992
> There's no quality control at all - people put up new movies labeled "1080p" that are 1gb ultracompressed bullshit.

It's called "reading the comments". If the file is shit, someone will have called it out.

>or best of all they'll be completely unseeded with 20+ leechers for eternity

Or like most private trackers, they'll have a bazillion seeders but nobody ever downloading because the ratio economy is perma-fucked.

>If you can't figure out how to thrive on a private tracker using only a standard internet connection

For one, if you torrent on your home connection, ever, you're a moron just asking to get DMCA'd. For two, given how fucked the ratio economy generally is on any seekrit klub private tracker, you need a better-than-average-burgerland internet connection to accumulate enough ratio to make the effort worthwhile.
>>
>>60186670
I'm not going to pretend to be able to hear the difference between a FLAC and a 320cbr everytime, but even normies can usually hear the difference between a 128 or 192kbs transcode and a V0 or 320kbs cbr.

To me, V0 is the perfect compromise: not too big, but damn near perfect quality.

>private trackers are containment sites for people like this
Fine by me then, I'll continue to enjoy unlimited high quality music on my containment site.
>>
>>60186763
>It's called "reading the comments". If the file is shit, someone will have called it out.
I seriously hope you don't actually believe that.

Public tracker comments consist of
>A10/V10 great job YIFI
>No need to post quality review, perfect as always!
>You're getting stuff for FREE, if you want the highest quality then go buy it yourself!
On and on

>Or like most private trackers, they'll have a bazillion seeders but nobody ever downloading because the ratio economy is perma-fucked.
Are you actually trying to complain about having plenty of seeders instead of 0 seeders? Maintaining a nice buffer on private trackers is easy for anyone who isn't retarded.

>For one, if you torrent on your home connection, ever, you're a moron just asking to get DMCA'd
Wrong

>you need a better-than-average-burgerland internet connection to accumulate enough ratio to make the effort worthwhile
Wrong again

I have an average burgerland connection, can't speak for the other countries though. Admittedly though, I'm not talking about any autistic 3,000 member maximum private trackers here.
>>
>>60186968
What use are 9001 seeders if nobody can ever download because members are encouraged to never download anything?

Ratio is a stupid fucking concept in the context of torrents. Seeding time is much more valuable.
>>
File: 1489645469801.png (23KB, 259x224px) Image search: [Google]
1489645469801.png
23KB, 259x224px
>>60184075
So it's like a organ donation more or less?
>>
>>60186982
I'm not sure where you are getting the misunderstanding that nobody can ever download.

Take RED and Apollo as an example - I'm downloading music from these on a daily basis. Ratio isn't even a big deal so long as you just leave everything seeding 24/7. Just download and forget about it. If there's a freeleech event, jump on it early and then let it do its thing. It's really that easy to maintain a positive ratio, no seedbox or VPN or other bullshit.
>>
>>60187018
If you take an organ, then leave an organ
>>
File: images.jpg (11KB, 204x247px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
11KB, 204x247px
>>60170637
I mostly agree, but how do you filter out garbage and malware and prevent the Jew lawyers from shutting it down?
>>
>>60183992
funny you bring up music when rutracker has fucking everything in FLAC and half of wcd's shit was just re-ups of shit off rutracker

music is actually something you need private trackers the LEAST for, now if you said films or videogames I would agree
>>
private trackers:
lack file quantity
lack seeders
go down

public trackers:
have files
have seeders
have magnets
>>
>>60175099
This thread is great.

/ptg/ fags are thoroughly upset because it's true.
>>
>>60170990
Has to be bait.

I hope people that go on /g/ are seriously not this retarded.
>>
>>60171515
Your average private tracker user ladies and gents.

Can't formulate thoughts properly.
Can't grammar or English.
Entirely misinformed and misguided by "muh exclusivity status".

Actually embarrassing to read if this isn't just an ironic shit post.
>>
>>60175309
>You can't use this private tracker because you aren't compassionate about muh hobbies

Sad existence
>>
>>60175532
Are all private tracker fags this self absorbed and narcissistic? You can't actually be this much of a faggot right?
>>
>>60187585
>Are all private tracker fags this self absorbed and narcissistic

yes, by their very nature.
>>
>>60183628
Yeah, I was Elite too. It sucked that there's no points system to compensate the people's seeding effort. These people contributed to the availability of the files, an actual metric measured by the bittorrent protocol. What.cd devs failed to account for that and were too arrogant to fix their mistake until it was too late. Nobody actually seeded torrents over the long term unless they believed they could get some ratio out of it. Sure, people'd upload some shit, but then they'd get into the trackers they wanted and the maintenance needed for Elite just didn't matter anymore. That basically means only popular and free/neutral leech albums would get seeded. Obscure shit was dead within weeks. Every single freeleech it was a seedbox orgy. The only time I made any ratio was when I logged in within 10 minutes of it starting. My home connection just can't compete otherwise. I still have some perfect FLACs saved of some rare anime OSTs nobody else cared about. I requested them because it made me nostalgic. Even the uploader didn't seed.

You know what? Availability is king. Bandwidth is secondary. PTP's points system is perfect. Less available torrents award more points. What's the point of having a million seedboxes maxing out your connection on free leech torrents while the tracker loses content every day
>>
>>60172655
>>60172377
IPTorrents is arguably the biggest name tracker out there and has been around for well over a decade now, with no signs of slowing down.

Like another anon put it, they're the Walmart of private trackers. Quick and easy access to content, although you might feel like a peasant for going there.
>>
>>60170902
>What is a seedbox
>>
File: 1429391012512.jpg (94KB, 421x834px) Image search: [Google]
1429391012512.jpg
94KB, 421x834px
>>60187182
>lack file quantity
>lack seeders

???
>>
>>60170772
This
>>
>>60178177
Basically this
>>
>>60170902
>tfw live on a third world country that never got into a TPP tier agreements
>the worst thing they've done is blocking thepiratebay
>a million mirrors for it left untouched
>>
DDL piracy is the master race
>>
>>60188888
check'd
but no, it is not, it's pleb as fuck
>>
>>60188503
>pay2pirate
>>
there are tons of streaming services now that cost next to nothing and provide you with the same content with actual proper quality control and service, piracy should be dead already anyway
>>
>>60189209
>same content
your content, faggot.
>>
>mfw pubbies don't know about freeleechs and bonus points on private trackers.
>mfw they think increase in seeders only results in faster downloads and not better content retention.

You guys should try a good private tracker before you cry about how bad they are.
>>
>>60170854
I recently downloaded the 2010 Code Geass release from Thora-gg, it has 50+ seeders does a decent speed
That's a 7 year old torrent
>>
>>60171331
Most PT don't allow reupload of ANY of their torrents, stop pretending this isn't the truth
>>
>>60172655
TPB has been around for more than 10 years, let that sink in
>>
>>60177772
>>60177747
No one forces you to seed on public trackers, it's way more free than the communist rule of your average PT
You have to seed a specific amount of time, keep a ratio, log in every X time, download something every X days, and suck cock on IRC
And don't you dare speak badly of the site or post in places they dislike, otherwise you get /marked/ or outright banned
>>
>>60178653
>ratio cuck
>bakabt
This doesn't add up, pretty much everything there is free leech
>>60182019
The vast majority of PT's reupload from ruTracker, Nyaa and the scene. Effectively leeching from them since they lock them out of their swarm, giving nothing back
The only thing they actually "produce" are western movies and series releases
>>60188570
Go and look how many torrents have zero seeds on sites with hard economies
>>
The existence of private trackers is fundamentally hypocritical. It goes against everything piracy stands for.
>>
As someone who's roughly mid-tier into the pyramid in this hobby, I pretty much agree. And I have an AB account, so it's not just sour grapes due to the recent happenings.

As a public tracker example, BakaBT was practically public before the recent closening and it had zero unseeded torrents and good organization.
>>
I've been the single seeder on a public torrent for about half a year. Practically 99% hit and run. Why even bother continue seeding when no one else cares to keep it alive?
>>
>>60189879
>stands for
you know every one can join though?
>>
>>60189879
>It goes against everything piracy stands for
99% of people don't care about sharing and caring and all that bs, they just want free stuff
>>
>>60186509
>and Oink was around for many years before that

Bullshit, you're talking out of your ass. Oink was only around for 3 years and it was nowhere near as comprehensive as what exists now anyway. Plus back in those days people didn't really use private trackers anyway, it was Usenet, or other p2p applications like Kazaa or Limewire.

Private trackers have only matured to being the dominant go-to source for everything structured since WCD, BTN and PTP have come into existence and only one of those has died, there is nothing that existed prior you can compare them to at all. If you're not in those you can't claim to have been in "most of the big-name private trackers" because they ARE the big name trackers.

Fine if you think you can find what you want elsewhere but stop lying about random shit because it makes everything you're saying stink of sour grapes.
>>
>>60170637
Not for everyone, you retarded faggot. Piracy for people in private trackers is still fine. Your stupid public shit may die but who gives a fuck besides people who can't get invites.
>>
>>60190115
>besides people who can't get invites.
Anyone who isn't a fucking commie.
>>
File: 6+46544.jpg (32KB, 650x452px) Image search: [Google]
6+46544.jpg
32KB, 650x452px
>>60177986
>meanwhile in reality the authorities focus on public trackers almost exclusively. No amount of conjecture is going to change that.
HAHAHHA I am pirating without any IP protection from public trackers for atleast 10 years(20gb/day roughly), feels good to live in commie europe
>>
File: laughing bitches.jpg (80KB, 640x573px) Image search: [Google]
laughing bitches.jpg
80KB, 640x573px
USA + private trackers > Europe + public trackers
>>
File: 5465466.jpg (73KB, 600x401px) Image search: [Google]
5465466.jpg
73KB, 600x401px
>>60190516
>USA
>NSA + Windows Botnet
>Internet provider fully operated by FBI
>mfw he thinks hes safe with private trackers
>>
File: jewish piano.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
jewish piano.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>60190611
>Europe
>CIA + Windows Botnet
>Internet provider fully operated by CIA and Israel
>mfw he thinks either of us are safe
>>
>>60189670
>join private tracker for vidya
>freeleech torrents are all shit I don't want
>waste time and electricity downloading 50GB of shit I don't want and seeding it anyway because it's the only way to start raising ratio so some day I can download what I actually want
>seed 24/7 for an entire week as fast as my slow internet connection will allow (1Mb/s)
>less than 1GB uploaded
>every torrent has hundreds of seeders and just a few leechers or no leechers
>popular torrents have thousands of seeders and less than 100 leechers
>only two options are to seed for approximately 5 more months or buy a seedbox just to have a chance of competing with all the other seeders
>private tracker displays their 40/1 global seed/leech ratio as if it's something to be proud of
>still strictly enforces 1:1 up/down ratio on all non-freeleech torrents

R A T I O C U C K S

I'd much rather download at 20 KB/s from public torrents with thousands of leechers and only a dozen seeders than participate in the cock sucking contest that is private trackers.
>>
>>60190720
You're approaching this all wrong. Look at it from a sort of Machiavellian perspective. You can take advantage of a superior system or you can wallow in your own shit on principle. You sound like a teenager.
>>
>>60180248
This. If it's not on either rutracker or slsk it was almost certainly not on what.cd

t. Kicked from what.cd due to inactivity because there was literally nothing on there that I couldn't easily get somewhere else

And I'm a turbohipster with almost 500 Gbs of music.
>>
>>60190770
>superior system

if there's a 40/1 global seed/leech ratio, why don't they either temporarily set EVERYTHING to freeleech, or allow leechers to download 5x more than they upload temporarily? on private trackers with a strict 1:1 ratio requirement, if no one can seed then no one can download. everybody loses except the few dozen faggots that were there from the beginning.

there is nothing superior about that system. it is completely impractical, unusable shit.
>>
>>60190944
You are talking about one specific tracker (which one?) which I'm not familiar with. There are a shitload of trackers. Chances are you can find your game on gazellegames.net or iptorrents, both of which are basically public tracker tier in terms of ratio difficulty.
>>
>>60170637
What is your opinion on rarbg(dot)to?
>>
>>60190975
the tracker was Pleasuredome and that was a few years ago. I got the romset I wanted after waiting a couple months for it to be uploaded to a DDL host. maybe all private trackers aren't this bad but at least this one didn't require taking an interview on IRC (basically sucking dick for an invite) or verifying that you have a good ratio on another private tracker.
>>
>>60191110
How is taking an interview the equivalent of sucking dick?
>>
>>60191357
normalfags wouldn't understand because you have been conditioned to get used to doing things like that in real life, especially to get jobs.
>>
>>60191110
>the tracker was Pleasuredome and that was a few years ago. I got the romset I wanted after waiting a couple months for it to be uploaded to a DDL host. maybe all private trackers aren't this bad but at least this one didn't require taking an interview on IRC (basically sucking dick for an invite) or verifying that you have a good ratio on another private tracker.
>>60191391
well I can't help you if you think any requirement automatically = sucking cock, but things like iptorrents and gazellegames as i mentioned are really easy to get into and easy to maintain if you have a pulse and aren't a nigger
>>
File: it_goes_.png (551KB, 600x515px) Image search: [Google]
it_goes_.png
551KB, 600x515px
What is this placebo you fools call "private" trackers?
>>
File: The_fox_and_the_grapes_copy.jpg (469KB, 1399x1600px) Image search: [Google]
The_fox_and_the_grapes_copy.jpg
469KB, 1399x1600px
>270 replies and 34 images
never change /g/
>>
>>60191642
I have a shitload of people I talk to online that use cabal trackers and offer me invites and I never accept them so your le grapes maymay is arrantly untrue.
>>
>>60170772
This
>>
>>60192025
so you're one of the moral high ground faggots then?
and if i were to guess, the one who was whining on /ptg/ both yesterday and today
>>
>>60192056
>so you're one of the moral high ground faggots then?
correct.
>>
>>60192071
well have fun in the knowledge that you'll never convince anyone of your position
and your tears are just drops in a sea of a community that won't change
>>
>>60170637
>I will not. Go ahead. Lock me up. Piracy will never die.
Yeah just like the owner of nyaa who shat his pants and turned off the servers immediately after a EU ruling
>>
>>60170772
t. nyaa cuck
>>
>ratiocucks will never know how good it feels to cap your upload speed at 0.01KB/s and instantly stop the torrent the second it finishes
>ratiocucks will get into a full red-faced keyboard-pounding fury just thinking about me ghostleeching from their precious private trackers
>>
>>60193238
And then complain when public trackers are a wasteland
>>
>>60192130
that's fine, I have my beliefs and I won't liquidate them for some conveniences.
>>
File: 1479343079143.jpg (116KB, 659x697px) Image search: [Google]
1479343079143.jpg
116KB, 659x697px
>tfw only on one relevant tracker
Thread posts: 281
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.