[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone here make websites for a living? More specifically,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: ok ok.png (55KB, 217x190px) Image search: [Google]
ok ok.png
55KB, 217x190px
Does anyone here make websites for a living?

More specifically, offer wordpress sites to people and businesses who don't have a lot of income to buy a custom website worth $2000+?

How did you get your first clients?
>>
You're competing against pajeet and wong who can live on $1 a day coding in their shitty countries.
>>
>>60168936
>make websites for a living
>contracting

What is this, the early 2000s?
>>
>>60168959
I wouldn't say I'm competing against them if I could distinguish my service, proudly state I'm American on my site and/or deal only with the offline market.
>>60168975
But people still make a living making websites.
>>
>>60168959
But then they speak shitty, unintelligible English so OP presumably - I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt here - has an advantage.
>>
>>60169009
>proudly state I'm American on my site
nobody gives a shit if you're charging ten times more than pajeet

become a real programmer or become pajeet's bitch
>>
>>60169038
>nobody gives a shit if you're charging ten times more than pajeet
There are people who rather pay good money for a stress free transaction though. I'm not competing on price.

"You live by your price, you die by your price", because someone else will always undercut you. I used this (inb4gay/lame) motto in my younger roofing years.
>>
Do it the old fashioned way, OP. Word of mouth.
>>
>>60169066
why is a transaction with you less stressful than one with rajesh?

just because you live in the same country?
>>
>>60169011
>struggle with a slight language barrier for a few minutes a day for a total of $3 lost in pajeet wages

Anon do YOU ever pay 10x more for the exact same product if it's available elsewhere for cheaper? No you fucking don't. Pajeets work insanely hard and are willing to put up with horrible conditions like working through the night in a cramped shitty hole in the ground just to be available in the same timezone as their western clients. Westerners crumble at the first sign of stress and run to human rights tribunals because they had to work hard. Clients/employers know it and now we have outsourcing hell.
>>
>>60169077
Word of mouth is great once you have a thing going, but I'm trying to get started. A niche I could tackle are business owners who just want some online presence with a one page website that just tells the visitor who they are and what they offer. Maybe facebook ads would work but there are people who don't use the computer but just want a website. How could I reach them? Newspaper ads don't seem like they work and flyers are kinda sketchy.

>>60169113
Ok now you sound like a Pajeet yourself. Identify yourself anon.

Also, for a lot of people, what kind of website can they really expect for $3.00-$50?
>>
>>60169113
I think I'd pay OP 10x more to drag and drop a few boxes on WordPress than struggle through pajeet's thick accent.
>>
>>60169144
I'm not a pajeet but I worked for a company that outsourced off all their services one by one to India. The average daily wage in India is $3. I had to sit in on meetings where we discussed this. Imagine being able to pay so little for so much work. Ironically enough the best paid employees for a time were the ones who volunteered to fly over and train the pajeets. I kind of wish I did, I'd have been able to take a year off.
>>
>>60169038
>>60169086
>>60169113
poo in loo
>>
>>60169218
I mean I get your frustrations in this scenario anon, I do, but in this case I want to handle everything myself. As easy as WP is for everyone on /g/ there are a lot of people who are lazy or uninterested in learning WP and prefer paying someone else to do it for them. That's the audience I want.

As for your case, it seems like the work was outsourced to India but your employer kept the same prices, correct? The jobs were outsourced just for a bigger bottom line. I could technically do the same thing myself, offer custom websites/logos/copywriting/graphic design and outsource the work to people on upwork and charge a premium. But I don't want to do that.
>>
>>60169283
great way to counter those arguments m8

not even indian but I enjoy seeing them get jobs from lazy burgers
>>
>>60168936
That ship has sailed. If all a business site does is present static content, its owners are best served by a roll-your-own-template service. Yes, a professional will build something better, but it is about return on investment, and all they really need is a price list, contact information, and street address, most times.

>>60169218
>>60169349
>>60169113
I buy products manufactured practically anywhere. My OLED television is mostly Malaysian labor, for instance. The ENGINEERING, on the other hand, never comes from those same countries, does it?

PA-tier labor can get from point A to point B, but just that far.
>>
>>60169405
Yes, the engineering usually isn't made by pajeets.

Sadly what OP wants to do can be done by the cockroaches
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.