[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>consumer market flooded with new TVs every year >reviews

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: kvwrea.jpg (51KB, 622x647px) Image search: [Google]
kvwrea.jpg
51KB, 622x647px
>consumer market flooded with new TVs every year
>reviews of the same product range form "great picture, 10/10" to "terrible image, so disappointed!!!"
>TVs stuffed with slow "smart" OS crap
why is buying a TV such agony
>>
File: 41GXK35H1AL.jpg (17KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
41GXK35H1AL.jpg
17KB, 500x333px
>>60162097
>not using a sony trinitron
>>
>>60162631
>trinitron
Haven't heard or read this word in decades.

>>60162097
I know that feel, I will have to buy a new TV by the end of the summer.
>>
>>60162097
I just buy the cheapest of the size I want, haven't disappointed me so far.
>>
>>60162097
Only trust the negative reviews

Companies pay good money for clickfarms to rate their products 5 stars and have barely literate chinks post a bunch of "product cat hiss at penis very good recommend ;)"
>>
>>60164324
Also these companies pay off all the reviewers too. Don't trust anyone popular, don't trust any magazines, and don't even trust groups like consumer reports. Literally anyone with a name of any kind is corrupted by corporate dollars.

The best places to get actual product reviews are forums with random joe blows, even 4chan and reddit are dramatically superior to any kind of namebrand reviewer.
>>
>>60164363
And even when you browse forums, you have to watch out for guerrilla marketers pretending to be honest users giving word-of-mouth reviews, but whom are actually getting paid. So you have to cross reference between multiple websites and look for inconsistencies between reviews and information.

Advertising and manipulation by corporations has reached an absolutely obscene level.
>>
>>60162097
Simple purchasing guide:

>discard all TVs with '''smart''' features
>choose which resolution, refresh rate etc you want
>find the cheapest TV with acceptable specs
>make sure there's a reasonable returns policy
>don't bother with a warranty

From high-end YouTube channels to comments on obscure consumer sites, reviews are bollocks. There's a 90% chance you're looking at the product of a corporate PR campaign, 10% chance it's just a common-or-garden idiot.
>>
TVs are the most agonizing consumer electronics purchase you can make. They're big, expensive, and expected to be used for a long time
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.