[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Months after release >Still not cracked properly The industry

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 1

>Months after release
>Still not cracked properly
The industry won this time, haven't they?
>>
Who fucking cares
>>
>>60157741
Right, I better stop complaining and go pay netflix subscription to only get access to 25Mb/s (((4k))) content.
>>
man, do they expect us to watch 1080p content like some fucking cavemen???
>>
>>60157716
Is it even worth the time invested cracking it.
>>
>>60157716
Format is DOA.
>>
>>60158358
This is basically it.

UHD is approaching diminishing returns.
The jump from 480i -> 1080i was massive. Ultra HD just isn't as appealing over HD as HD was over SD.
And now the effort required for cracking it has become greater.

At the moment it seems that UHD is to video as 96kHz is to audio.
Remember how long it took for DVD Audio to be cracked?
It took ages because the only people that cared about over-spec audio were also the kind of people that paid $10k on "magical sound crystals". These people had no need or desire to crack DRM anyway.
>>
It'll get cracked soon now that PowerDVD has been released with UHD support. I'm sure the right people can extract the decryption keys from it.
>>
What filesize will YIFY 4k rips be? 2GB?
>>
>>60159210
Do people still get triggered over YIFY?
>>
>>60159095
Regular BD won't have HDR, the main selling future point.
>>
>>60159210
This is a major issue. No reason to crack a what 100gb rip?
>>
>>60157716
Their encryption is really solid nowadays, hopefully the chinks will come through with some keys
But it's just not worth it, 4K is a meme at anything but massive 100" screens
HDR is a full blown retard idea (let's just blast you with 10k lumens in the middle of the night :-----DDD)
DCI-P3 is the only good thing, but screen tech isn't there yet anyways
>>
>>60157716
anything your blu-ray player can decode, the chink who built the player can decode even better.
>>
>>60162265
>HDR is a full blown retard idea
>a much larger colour gamut is a bad idea
You fucking retard
>>
>>60162447
>retarded
He's just poor.
Which i guess is the same thing.
>>
>>60162218
An hour of The Grand Tour ripped from Amazon is like 25gb
>>
>>60162265
>DCI-P3
Surface Studio and Galaxy S8 both support this
>>
>>60162447
If you could read you would notice I mention DCI-P3 separately
>>60162455
Keep telling yourself that illiterate
>>60162479
Only on a small expensive screen which still suffers from burnout, and they haven't fixed the metamerism failure issues, only way to fix it is to use 8 primaries instead of three which obviously drives up cost massively
>>
>>60157755
why? netflix streaming is worse than upscaling with proper renderer
I don't see a point in blue ray for PC
>>
>>60162587
>Surface Studio
>>
>>60157716
Can you read the disks with normal blu ray readers?
>>
>>60162866
no
>>
>>60157716
They're still going to release the movies on regular Blu-Ray and DVD anyways. If you just want the movie... who cares?
>>
>>60157716
Most people download lossy rips anyway, only a small minority download bluray isos.
>>
Literally nobody cares enough about UHDBD, just buy a chink HDCP 2.2 stripper and endure the quality loss from screen capture
>>
>>60162265
Why are you watching films in the dark, anon?
Your monitor is unlikely to put out that more than a typical cinema projector will anyway.

Also, darkness isn't scary or makes scary films scarier.
Only children are afraid of the dark.
>>
>>60159095
>UHD is approaching diminishing returns.
>Ultra HD just isn't as appealing over HD as HD was over SD.

Spotted the poorfag who doesn't own a 4k TV and is talking out of his ass.
>>
>>60162819
Doesn't fix metamerism failure
>>60163574
Why would you have lightning that will be reflected by the screen and reduce contrast massively?
I do have bias lightning, still this is dependant on the screen brightness
A typical cinema projector pushes much less light than what you are thinking, THX mandates 40 cd/m^2 iirc, which isn't close to the 120 cd/m^2 that SMPTE used to recommend for direct view displays, and that's still a fraction of the 500 cd/m^2 your average smartphone pushes
All of that is dwarfed by the 10000 cd/m^2 HDR mandates (though current displays peak at less than 2000 cd/m^2)
No one wants to stare at the fucking Sun in their living room, HDR is pure retardation
>>
>>60164090
HDR is for dynamic range, color reproduction, specular highlights = realism.Until you have watched something as awesome as Planet Earth II in 4K HDR you can go fuck yourself.
>>
>>60164090
>Doesn't fix metamerism failure
Best way to fix it is to take your autism medication
>>
>>60164143
>look at ask this buzzworda Dolby told me
wew lad, are your screens even properly profiled and color managed?
You can get everything you said with BT.709 and BT.1886 on a decent screen that has good contrast, instead of just cranking the brightness in a vain attempt to obtain dynamic range like the HDR faggotry tries to do
Most scenes barely make use of the full BT.709 color space, and accuracy is way more important than having a wide gamut that will not look the same ever
>>60164159
>I don't understand it! Autism!
>>
>>60164276
t. butthurt poorfag shitposting from his T60p running GANOO + LINUX
>>
>>60164314
Key crying senpai, meanwhile I enjoy my 95" screen with my Epson 4K laser projector, driven by my Devuan machine powered by AMD, running mpv
All of this for the glory of my mongolism paintings animated at 12 fps and drawn at 480p, with the occasional Planet Earth at 4K
Stay butthurt though, probably blind too, I'm not retarded enough to stare at the sun at run my projector at the THX standard
>>
>>60164370
Woah man, a laser projector

You sure that won't make you blind?
>>
>>60164450
Keep your butthurt my illiterate poorfag
>>
>>60164475
>>60164314
>ur poor
>nuh-uh ur poor

You kiddies and your computers
>>
Like HD-DVD, it's not a format that's worth bothering with.

You do know the studios are already doing test-encodes of 8K content, right? 4K is merely the pointless stopgap on the halfway profiles.

Progress has been made, but there's no point in releasing it at this moment and wasting it. Wait for them to lock themselves into it.
>>
>>60157716
>The industry won this time, haven't they?
Apparently not, because they are too stupid to realize that nobody gives a fuck about discs anymore. I refuse to even have any kind of cd/dvd/blu-ray/etc... drive on my computers.

People are still going to pirate the video content, so this literally does't matter.
>>
>>60159095
> the only people that cared about over-spec audio were also the kind of people that paid $10k on "magical sound crystals"
>>60163645
>Spotted the poorfag who doesn't own a 4k TV

lol
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.