[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have this EVGA power supply that I grabbed off Amazon a few

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: 71KMVnbgH6L._SL1200_.jpg (215KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
71KMVnbgH6L._SL1200_.jpg
215KB, 1200x1200px
I have this EVGA power supply that I grabbed off Amazon a few days ago for a "SILENT PC BUILD" and after mild browsing and some youtube the psu fan fucking ramps up to 100% and stays that way until reboot no matter if ECO mode is on or off. Did an exchange off Amazon, did the same thing too.

Nigger Jews at EVGA thought that 100% psu fan until I shut off everything is a "feature". What do I do /g/?
>>
>>60154000
Request an RMA. If not go complain on reddit at /r/teamevga the reps can't stand bad PR
>>
>buying an 850 watt PSU when modern CPUs and GPUs are so efficient that a 550W PSU can run an i7 + GTX 1080
>>
>>60154127
I already did a full exchange on Amazon. The second one was exactly the same issue as the first one. It made me double check to see if I actually put the bad one in the box.

>>60154165
I have an OCed 6700k and on OCed R9 390X. I was going to get the 750W but I had the option to spend like 5 bucks more for the 850W.
>>
>>60154165
550 wont help, gtx cards are very greedy on power and will constantly fuck up your pc the more work load it does
>>
>>60154188
Get an RMA from evga itself not Amazon. And check if this issue is common if it is refund and replace it
>>
>>60154165
>he doesn't take advantage of the efficiency curve
>>
>>60154201
My 1070 has been just fine on my 450W PSU for like 9 months now.
>>
>>60154201
that's bullshit

full sized nvidia chips are being used in laptops nowadays
>>
>>60154188
You've OCed both the cpu and gpu which is a Radeon, 850 wont do, your psu is at max power output, there is a risk of that shutting off, go bigger in watts, 1200+ if neccessary
>>
>>60154213
I don't live in a third world country where electricity is expensive.
>>
>>60154216
Yes I know you're lying, you dont own a gaming pc and just spouting out nonsense, I have personal experince on my gtx 1060 alone where my pc constantly shuts down when I play games, till I realize that my psu was not cutting it anymore so I upgraded to 700 watts to solve the problem
>>
>>60154239
I can't tell if you're trolling or actually serious.
>>
>>60154257
Sounds like a problem with your original power supply. Sending it back for warranty probably would have fixed the issue.
>>
450w is enough these days for a full powered system.
>>
>>60154000
>What do I do

RMA ASAP. EVGA is a fine company and makes quality products but there is a higher quality psu. Seasonic is the company. Are you sure you need 850w? If so, I recommend - https://pcpartpicker.com/product/JQbp99/seasonic-power-supply-x850
>>
>>60154765
>he fell for the seasonic meme
>>
>>60154869
>meme

Hardly a meme. I own three Seasonic psu's. The quality is extraordinary. The pc I am using at this moment has this Seasonic psu - https://pcpartpicker.com/product/sQbp99/seasonic-power-supply-ss650km

It is absolutely whisper silent. It came with an enormous amount of cables. The psu itself was packaged in a navy blue velvet pouch with gold embroidery and a nice string pull to close it. Seasonic, like Anker, is one of those companies that are putting out quality products that seem worth more than you pay for it.
>>
>>60154000
Damn I was thinking of getting one because it's only 150mm but now I'm not so sure
>>
File: not impressed.png (362KB, 631x473px) Image search: [Google]
not impressed.png
362KB, 631x473px
Update from EVGA:

Thanks for the testing update. It's very rare that both units would experience the same failure. Is your CPU or GPU getting stuck at a high clock speed? If they're staying in a high-power state, this will put a heavier load on the PSU, and keep the fan on. Try reducing or disabling any OC settings, and test again.

Please update us with further results.

Regards,
EVGA Support
>>
>>60155128
>uses 18 gauge wires for 1000W+ PSU
>Competition uses 16 AWG
>not a meme
>>
>>60154000
Return it and buy a different PSU, retard.
>>
>>60155128
Sure have seen alot of this Seasonic shill lately
>>
One last thing you can check op. Do you the psu quiet switch set to 0 db mode where the fan turns off on low load? If you do, then change it to keep your psu fan always enabled. See if that improves things. Also check how airflow is in your case.
>>
>>60155728
The switch is called eco mode. Yes I have it on. No it doesn't do jack shit. You wouldn't have thought I would have fiddled around with the only switch that's not on/off before I made this thread?
>>
>>60155128

Gotta speak up, cant hear you over the sound of that coil whine.
>>
>>60155777

is your case on the floor?

if so, psu facing up or down?
>>
Did you try smashing it on the floor a few times? This works for me when the fan starts acting up.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.