[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My main OS is W10. But hear me out. I'm not a standard

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1.png (2MB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
2MB, 1280x1024px
My main OS is W10.

But hear me out. I'm not a standard windows user. Let me share with you how I use the best concept from all the three worlds (Linux, Windows & OSX). OSX have good design and Linux have good solutions.

Font-rendering:
Definitely OSX. I use mactype.

Cursor-theme:
Also OSX. I prefer El-capitan, but yosemite cursors are good too. I get them from deviantart. OSX makes cool cursors.

Altdrag & alt-resize (linux):
I use KDE variant for AHK. Best one I've ever used, and I have used really many linux distros.

Folder (Windows):
QTTabBar, makes the file-manager better.
Single-click to open an item. (dolphin).

Navigation-bar (Windows):
I set icons in the link-bar. Takes much less space than a "dock", and looks better in my opinion. I have it on top, because it will be closer to my tabs when I'm on my web-browser. Makes sense because I use keybindings frequently and need to look at both places.

Applauncher (linux):
Launchy.

Imageviewer (windows):
Honeyview. Like feh, just a little bit more user-friendly.

The main reason I don't use Linux/GNU is because of AHK. I need my global keybindings no matter what.
>>
you're a faggot
>>
nice blog m8
>>
Glad you found something you like, but why are you telling us this, and more importantly, why is your resolution so shitty, and why is the aspect ratio a square?
>>
>>60136596
ソウデスカ?
>>
Why do homosexuals like to get (You)s so much?
>>
>>60137294
>not liking square resolutions
shit taste 2bh
>>
File: 1386134286349.jpg (56KB, 500x380px) Image search: [Google]
1386134286349.jpg
56KB, 500x380px
>>60137294
>1280x1024
>square
>>
>>60136596
How does QTTabBar look?
>>
>>60137462
Not him but qttabbar allows you to add tabs on explorer and a hell lot of shortcuts (native .NET style tabbing unlike clover)

You can set different key shortcuts like ctrl+alt+d to open D:/ and even open groups of folders as tabs with one shortcut. If you open a folder on your desktop it will append it to the currently opened explorer instead of having two separate explorers.

The plugin brings the best file manager experience afaik.
If you're doing programming frequently and needs to manage up to 20 folders (webdev) you would understand. It's sad that there's no unix/gnu equivalent to it.

>>60137294
>liking the wide meme
5:4 is quite rare
768p or 720p sucks and few programs won't run properly because the minimum requirements for vertical pixels on some programs are either 800 or 1024 (in op's case it is 1024 which is perfect)
If I remember correctly one animation program that is open source (and is the industry standard) requires 1024 vertical pixels. Some stuff aren't usable with 720p like CAD and paint programs like corel or PS.
>inb4 get a FHD/QHD
Low DPI is important when you're publishing stuff. Most digital artists prefer low DPI and vertical space.

>>60136596
>I use KDE variant for AHK
Custom shortcuts?
I use them too. (very much)
>Navigation-bar (Windows):
You can modify the registry to remove that margin.
>>
>>60136596
>I use the best concept from all the three worlds (Linux, Windows & OSX)
>mfw No BSD
>ftw anon never used BSD FreeBSD
p.s OS X is Unix-based
it's a successor of the NextStep Stanford Uni
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.