[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people here buy Thinkpads? Yeah, they're $150-$200

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: The-Legend-of-Korra-post-4.jpg (260KB, 800x988px) Image search: [Google]
The-Legend-of-Korra-post-4.jpg
260KB, 800x988px
Why do people here buy Thinkpads? Yeah, they're $150-$200 on Ebay, but then you usually have to buy a new battery for it, and you have to clean it. You'll end up spending $300
Might as well buy a brand new laptop from newegg
>>
The one I bought was $60 shipped and it came with a battery already.
No OS though, apparently this was such an issue that they sold it at a loss just because.

If you live outside the US, you're pretty much fucked, so don't bother with the thinkpad meme.
>>
>>60135584
>what is loonix
>>
>>60135652
Seriously though, a decent price for a thinkpad that's 8 years old is $80, 4 years old is $150, and it should be complete, with hard drive, AC adapter and a windows install.

You might be able to get it cheaper if it has no hard drive, but this usually means they're also missing other stuff, like the hard drive caddy, the hard drive port cover and the battery, which is like $40 on it's own.
>>
>>60135513
What kind of pleb sticks with a single used battery?
>>
They're good cost effective laptops that you could probably use as a weapon and it'll still function. They're also pretty aesthetic if you're into that kind of thing. Personally I really enjoy the typing experience of my X60t and it's small enough that I can throw it into a bag if I want to go out and do some writing.

I'm sure each anon will say something different, but for durable laptops that just get the job done well without frills they're great.
>>
>>60135584
>If you live outside the US, you're pretty much fucked, so don't bother with the thinkpad meme.
I'm in yurope and I just got a T420 with 8GB ram and a 160GB ssd for $200. I don't consider myself fucked.

>>60135513
>Might as well buy a brand new laptop from newegg
>Might as well buy a cheap shitbox that falls apart in six months with a 5400rpm drive
>>
You're buying a ~$1000 laptop for a fifth of the price or less. The garbage that's sold for $300 new doesn't even compare.
>>
>>60135513
i'm gonna go against the word of /tpg/ and say the third party chink batteries are "good enough" to keep a thinkpad running for whatever part of the day it isn't <5ft from an outlet. so that's +$30 on $150. shit, i got one of those tiny 3 or 4 cell batteries with like 2 hours of run time for my x220 only to fill the battery bay and cut down weight. i use it 99% plugged in
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.