[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone on /g/ work from home? What are your experiences

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: wfh.jpg (31KB, 520x269px) Image search: [Google]
wfh.jpg
31KB, 520x269px
Does anyone on /g/ work from home?

What are your experiences / advice?

I have the option between more money (and responsibility) but with more hours at an office, or somewhat less money but more flexibility & ability to work remote some part of the week.

finance wise i'm pretty well set, so I don't need more money, but i'm not sure which path is better to take.
>>
How much more money? Working from home is fantastic. Less money spent on transport and eating out.
>>
>>60131365
maybe 7-10k more (pretax), currently making 70k
>>
>>60131365
consider the cost of time wasted in traffic as well
+1 for work from home
>>
>>60131201
Do you plan on getting a house?
>>
>>60132530
not really
>>
>>60131201
Working without pants is always preferable to working with pants.
>>
>>60131201
Don't do it if you have deadlines frequently and nagging or annoying family.

When my NEET brother just showed up and moved in after being kicked out by his girlfriend it became as good as impossible to work from home (until I finally got my mother to take that burden).
>>
>>60131201
it's lonely and depressing to work from home long term
>>
trying it right now but my desktop monitors surround my bed so its kind of too comfy
>>
File: 1445728033678.jpg (576KB, 3072x2304px) Image search: [Google]
1445728033678.jpg
576KB, 3072x2304px
>>60131201
If you're not working at home full time, I wouldn't imagine there would be much of an issue.

It is isolating and makes it very easy to become a hermit. Have some weekly activities planned (the gym for sure, seeing friends/family, entertainment with people).

Oh and don't jerk off TOO much.
>>
>>60132742
> Oh and don't jerk off TOO much.

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>60131201
>Does anyone on /g/ work from home?
I do.

I try to limit things to max one day a week. Do not underestimate the importance of building a community with your colleagues.

Also when the knife goes down it is not the most stupid made redundant but the ones management thinks is the least productive. Working away from office can give a wrong impression even if you were the most efficient of them all.

In my case that is no longer a problem since I am a partner but I have seen mass firings where a lot of wrong guys were fired because their contributions were not appreciated.

There is a lot of feel in management. Technical dudes tend to think it is all objective. It never is. Best example is Challenger. techs said do not launch. Management demanded launch. Shuttle exploded, 7 astronauts killed, billions destroyed and entire space programme wrecked for years.

And get this: nobody in management were tried, they didn't even lose their jobs. And they will never be sent to prison. For facts do not rule the world.
>>
>>60133861
>Best example is Challenger. techs said do not launch. Management demanded launch. Shuttle exploded, 7 astronauts killed, billions destroyed and entire space programme wrecked for years.
>
>And get this: nobody in management were tried, they didn't even lose their jobs. And they will never be sent to prison. For facts do not rule the world.

source?
>>
It's fun to wake up at 9 AM to work and no commute.

One problem is distractions and loneliness.
>>
>>60132742
>Oh and don't jerk off TOO much.
this, this is really important.
>>
Just remember you're more easily replaced from home than an office.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.