[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why the fuck does Google keep doing this shit? People want their

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: google pixel.png (60KB, 588x189px) Image search: [Google]
google pixel.png
60KB, 588x189px
Why the fuck does Google keep doing this shit? People want their phones to get updates. The primary reason people bought phones like the Nexus is because it meant they wouldn't be at the updating whims of a separate manufacturer who might just decide NOT to update the OS anymore, and now Google's doing the same thing.

It's like they have zero understanding of the people who buy their phones now. They used to have, bar none, the best mid-range phones in the market. Now they're overpriced, have zero expandable storage, and are going to start following the early-deprecation schedule of almost every other phone manufacturer.
>>
my friend said he wanted to buy one because "it looks cool"
the average consumer is retarded and wont care about updates
>>
The Apple iPhone doesn't have this problem.
>>
they want you to buy their newest product like a good goy
>>
There's not much worth in updates.
>>
>>60129906
because selling new hardware every quarter is more important than supporting their shit software
>>
>>60129906
Same reason why MS is in a hurry to kill off Win7/8 and move everyone to a rolling-release W10. They view long-term support as a cost center. They've already made all the money they'll make from it, so the longer they keep patching it, the more money they're spending on something that's not bringing in any revenue.

>>60129926
>they want you to buy their newest product like a good goy
is another way of saying the same thing.
>>
>>60129918
Even though the iPhone has the same problems of being overpriced and not having expandable storage, I honestly applaud them for keeping their phones updated without tying it to a separate manufacturer or cellular company. Isn't the iPhone 5 still getting updates? Google needs to get its shit together.
>>
Android updates are literally fucking nothing you dumb normie. Root, custom rom and forget about software until you replace it.
>>
>>60129918
It literally does, because iOS updates kill speed on older hardware
>>
>>60129906
Uptades are the default deprecation technique, you imbecile. Keep on updating your phone like a stupid motherfucker. Then open a thread about how piece of a shit your phone have become.

>Hurr durr iPhone 5 still getting updates
Try using an iPhone 5 with iOS 10
>>
>>60129906
Unlike Google, Apple gives a shit about security and makes sure as many phones as possible receive security updates. What did you expect from a company that makes its money from tracking you for advertisements?
>>
>>60130093
Maybe if you don't give a fuck about security.

>Rooting
You shouldn't do this.

>Custom rom
Code quality is shit, unless it's Copperhead, which is only for Nexus devices.
>>
>>60129914
>my friend said he wanted to buy one because "it looks cool"
>the average consumer is retarded and wont care about updates
I can't believe this is the kind of shitter that Google caters to now with Android.
>Look, now you get a Siri clone!
>How about this cool fingerprint scanner on the back?
>"how about letting me use my phone for more than a year"
>1 year? why would you need 6 months? Just upgrade in 3 months like everyone else!
>>
File: 9kLRzNo.jpg (806KB, 3072x2048px) Image search: [Google]
9kLRzNo.jpg
806KB, 3072x2048px
>>60129906
Apple wins yet again!
>>
>>60129906
Until Android get a good security bitch slapping like Microsoft did don't expect and end to their shit update practices.
>>
anyone buying android devices in 2017 deserves to be shafted
>>
>>60132894
I'm a poorfrog who can't afford an unlocked iPhone 7 Plus, so the Moto G5 Plus is the more accessible option.
>>
>>60130120
just like newer software run slower on older machines huh?
>>
>>60133004
Tell that to the Linux kernel.
>>
>>60133191
Shitnux fagger
>>
File: Aids Shot.jpg (21KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
Aids Shot.jpg
21KB, 400x300px
>>60129906
Why the fuck would you fags even want to still be using the pixel in 2019?

Stop being poor and at least aspire to be able to get yourself a decent phone once every 2 years
>>
>>60131630
>You shouldn't do this.
>You should not have root access to a device you own.
Really, dude? If I own a system I _should_ have root access by default, I shouldn't have to jump through hoops to get root access to begin with.

>Code quality is shit, unless it's Copperhead, which is only for Nexus devices.
Cyanogenmod/LineageOS beg to differ and are available on a larger array of devices, including tablets.
>>
File: 1490541342964.png (7KB, 112x112px) Image search: [Google]
1490541342964.png
7KB, 112x112px
>>60129906
Hm...
Why would Google stop updating...
It's such mystery...
How could Google benefit from it...
Hmmmmmm....
Hmmmmmmmmmmm...
I really do not know....
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...
>>
>>60134026
The problem is that all your apps have root access.

About Cyanogen code quality, read this: https://copperhead.co/blog/2016/02/08/beta
>>
>>60134026
>CyanogenMod
>Into the trash it goes
>>
File: good goy official seal.jpg (56KB, 324x405px) Image search: [Google]
good goy official seal.jpg
56KB, 324x405px
>>60133945
>aspire to be able to throw things out every two years and pay to buy new ones
>even if the old things are fine and its just the manufacturer pushing you into a planned-obsolesence treadmill
>>
>>60135054
What's the matter, anon? Too POOR to buy the new Goygle Pixel XL phone?
>>
>>60129918
Ishit literally becomes unusable trash after 2 years of """"""""""""updates"""""""""".
>>
>>60134451
>The problem is that all your apps have root access.

No they don't, you have to whitelist them
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.