[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fucking Google Why the fuck do they have to remove sms support

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: unnamed.png (20KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
20KB, 300x300px
Fucking Google

Why the fuck do they have to remove sms support from Hangouts? I will never use Google messaging platforms again.
>>
>>60127923
so you're gonna buy an iPhone?
>>
>>60127923
because everything they do is half baked and just a hook to steal more data from you
>>
>>60127923
Blame their promotion structure that rewards half baked ideas but never seeing them through
>>
>>60127923
>I will never use Google messaging platforms again.

So what are you going to replace it with?
>>
>>60128084
iMessage
>>
Hangouts was the shit before, I agree. I've switched to Textra now. I wish I knew about this earlier. Group text support is so much better plus customization.
>Yes, I bought it
>>
>removes sms and hangouts integration
>sms and hangout messages are now separate
>then just removes sms all together.

goddamnit google.

also, why the fuck can you not save google maps settings in fucking android...the way iphone google maps can.

>outta town
>quick drive
>load up google maps and look for directions
>5 mins later
>im now on a toll road.

every goddamnn time.
>>
File: 1490612529968.jpg (8KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1490612529968.jpg
8KB, 256x256px
>tfw I ported my primary phone number to Google Voice years ago so all my texting still works in Hangouts across devices

>mfw i can receive+place calls as well as text through the Hangouts interface

lamo@ all of u.
>>
>>60128592
i have a weird plan that won't let me do that.

T-mobile/Wal-mart plan
$30/month
"unlimited" data (1st 5GB @ LTE speed, then a blazing 5KB/s afterwards)
unlimited text
100mins/month
>>
>>60127923
Yup, removing features to force your clients to move to another of your product is a stupid strategy and will bite them right in the ass.
People will remove your product, but they'll get angry at you and they'll replace it with something from what the competition has to offer.
>>
>>60128592
>willingly giving control of your phone number to the botnot
>>
>>60128084
WhatsApp
>>
>>60128477
HERE is so much better than Google maps anyway..
>>
>>60127923
Why not just use Android messages?
Since I knew they're going to remove SMS I figured I might as well used an alternative
>>
>>60129184
whatsapp is trash because it's dependent on a carrier-provided phone number to work. it's a regression compared to ancient things like aim or msn that could work on any device through any connection
>>
>>60127923
>2017
>not being able to delete / edit messages
>>
I'm annoyed too OP. I actually managed to get a lot of my android using friends and family on hangouts and I don't want to have to migrate all of them to something else.

Hangouts was so good. I could text, voice call, and video call all from one app. I just don't know what google thought was so wrong with hangouts that they basically scrapped it.

It's so annoying how there isn't a dominant cross platform messaging app in the US.
>>
Hangouts, Allo and Messages are gone/will never be on my phone.
I'm on Singal+Whatsapp and very happy.
>>
>>60128644

You use more than 5GB a month?

I have the same plan and use the Google Voice + Hangouts integration.

Works well enough for me.
>>
>>60129156

They already own the operating system.
>>
>>60129251
>whatsapp is trash because it's dependent on a carrier-provided phone number to work
that's exactly why it is great. you don't have to deal with adding again to the messenger people that are already on your contact list.
>>
>>60128592
same, except I got a new number with my initials in it.
>>
Textra master race reporting in
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.