[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any of you know what voltage these light bulbs are or are you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: 1493443977827943867328.jpg (3MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
1493443977827943867328.jpg
3MB, 4160x2340px
Any of you know what voltage these light bulbs are or are you guys not that kind of tech savvy?
>>
>>60123024
look like signal lights on a car so 12v dc
>>
File: allglass.jpg (59KB, 1032x363px) Image search: [Google]
allglass.jpg
59KB, 1032x363px
>>60123024
If you aren't able to find out, what are you going to do about it once you know? Determining the voltage and using them kind of go hand in hand. Start with a couple volts ac see if they glow. Voltages of bulbs are usually battery standard voltages. 1.5 volts, 3, 6, 9, 12 volts etc. If it starts to get 'too' bright then use the lowest voltage. It it blows up then you've got three left to run at the lower voltage assuming they're the same. Looks like there's a number on one of them. You can look it up. Incandescent bulbs like these don't burn themselves up like led's and laser diodes. You don't need to limit the current once you get the voltage right. They are basically light emitting resistors. Have fun.
>>
>>60123024
yep, they are light blubs from a many decades old car. I had some of them myself. 12v stuff.
>>
>>60123172
you could control the long/shortbeam at the bottom, giving power to either left or right flat pins.
>>
>>60123024

>>60123068

If they are super old they could be 6V. Cars in the 50's and some motorcycles in the 70's were 6V and all used that style of bulb.
>>
I think they're brake lights cause when I run 12v through them one of the filaments is a low glow and the other is bright
>>
>>60123287

they can also be used as turn signal/running lights. If they did not almost immediately burn up on 12V, then they are indeed 12V bulbs, not 6V.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.