[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FCC Chairman Pai: ‘We Need an Open and Free Internet for the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

File: 1467152252843.jpg (35KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1467152252843.jpg
35KB, 640x480px
>Number one there was no problem to solve, the internet wasn’t broken in 2015. In that situation, it doesn’t seem me that preemptive market-wide regulation is necessary. Number two, even if there was a problem, this wasn’t the right solution to adopt. These Title II regulations were inspired during the Great Depression to regulate Ma Bell which was a telephone monopoly. And the broadband market we have is very different from the telephone market of 1934. So, it seems to me that if you have 4,462 internet service providers and if a few of them are behaving in a way that is anticompetitive or otherwise bad for consumer welfare then you take targeted action to deal with that. You don’t declare the entire market anticompetitive and treat everyone as if they are a monopolist.

>Going forward we are going to propose eliminating that Title II classification and figure out the right way forward. The bottom line is, everyone agrees on the principles of a free and open internet what we disagree with is how many regulations are needed to preserve the internet.

THANK YOU Chairman Pai!

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/04/28/exclusive-fcc-chairman-pai-need-open-free-internet-21st-century/
>>
>>60117545
>kikebart
into the trash
>>
File: 1471943913701.jpg (479KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1471943913701.jpg
479KB, 1536x2048px
>>60117545
LEFTIST anti-free-speech fascists BTFO!

Net """Neutrality""" was always a scam and a way for leftists and globalists to control freedom of expression on the internet.
>>
>>60117545
He's a corporate shill obviously. If he was so intent on competition, he'd kill the government sanctioned monopolies granted to internet providers. See how fast cc and ver empty their bowels when they have to actually compete.
>>
File: 25e.jpg (33KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
25e.jpg
33KB, 640x640px
>>60117545
Open and Free Roads for the 21st Century when?
>>
>>60117596
So Soros and the Rothschilds are funding leftists and globalists?

Aren't they also businessmen, why would they fund leftists?
>>
>>60117545
BA-BA-BOOEY.
>>
Ameriturds, bow down to your new Indian Emberor of the Inderned.
>>
>>60117596
THIS

crybaby fucktards aren't entitled to shit like this. "The internet is MEAN do something or else !!"
>>
>>60117615
If that happened, he'd suddenly have much less lobby money.

US politicians do not grant laws for the good of the people, they grant laws so their lobbyists stay happy.
>>
>>60117740
I wonder what level of power executive orders have in terms of controlling lobbying. Trump won't do it, but maybe another can make it illegal someday. Or at the least a miserable experience, like require all lobbyists to dress in clown suits or something. Could an eo do that?
>>
>>60117666
Niiiiiiccccccceeeee!
>>
>giving more power to the ISPs already fucking your ass with no lube
Must feel great being an american.
>>
>>60117886
American assholes are self lubricating due to low fiber diets. Check Walmart for more details.
>>
>>60117596
>>60117732
You need to brush up on your basic English if you want anyone to take you seriously. Sorry I mean, redpill yourself on English language skillz to help you defeat (((them)))
>>
>>60117545
>Pai Ajit
Like poetry.

This shit is what happens when you support a meme for president
>inb4 you r a c-c-cuck
kys you billy bob faggots
>>
>>60118422
Be careful karl marx jr., saying bad words like "faggot" might offend some of your snowflake friends
>>
>>60118445
You'll be eating those words if the repubs get their wet dream and allow ISPs free reign to to censor and charge you for any little thing on the internet.
>>
>>60118542

Better than Government mandated censorship like in Yurocuck land.
>>
The FCC ruined radio and TV, now you idiots want it to ruin the internet. Reddit get out.
>>
>>60118604

(((They))) are manipulating you to pad (((their))) pockets.

The FCC can be good or evil just like any government agency.

In the past they were evil.

In recent years they started turning good.

That's until Pajeet Pai took the helm. They're now in the pockets of (((them))) until Pajeet is no longer in office.
>>
>>60117545
The internet uses PUBLIC right-of-way for its infrastructure, JUST LIKE RAILROADS.

Therefore imposing conditions for use of this incredibly profitable gift is reasonable.
>>
>>60118604
>The FCC ruined radio and TV,

No, content ruined radio and TV.
>>
we deserve everything we're about to get
>>
>>60117596
This whitepaper isn't wrong.

People have been memes so hard that without NN we're going to lose a free and open internet that they're clamoring for government control of it. It's fascinating, really.
>>
>>60121675

It's fascinating how shills like you pathologize the desires of pajeets to use the Internet as their designated shitting street.

Both big biz and big gov are problems. Parasites like you would make the world a better place by chugging a nice bottle of bleach.
>>
>>60117545
can someone assassinate this guy? feed him some really greasy burgers or something
>>
>>60121734
NN will make me a metric shit ton of money. I have over a million shares in a large internet company that stands to greatly benefit from NN. More government control = higher barriers to entry = a more static market.

Unfortunately for the Jews, I don't want their shekels, so despite my financial interest I keep fighting against their NN propoganda.
>>
File: 1487665620648.jpg (77KB, 507x525px) Image search: [Google]
1487665620648.jpg
77KB, 507x525px
>>60118604
hownew.ru
>>
>>60117545
>So, it seems to me that if you have 4,462 internet service providers
For who exactly?
In the us almost everyone uses the same 6 companies, I know.. I use to monitor traffic.

You are a fucking idiot if you think these mega isps are doing right by anyone
>>
>>60122002

What'll you do with that money? You won't be able to buy the Internet back. The subcultures you hang around with. Your way of life.

You won't be able to but that back.
>>
>>60117656
Because leftist ideals are perfect for censorship of free thought and allow for the gov't to be influenced haphazardly by business interests without any transparency. Tbqh same goes for the neocons as well, but neoconservatism isn't as mainstream as progressivism.
>>
>>60121176
Yeah,not mandatory regulations regarding the censorship of both platforms, getting rid of any good or worthwhile content. It was just the content started being sanitized bullshit out of the fucking blue on TV and radio
>>
>>60117545
>4,462 internet service providers
>live in biggest city in my state
>Can only get AT&T or Comcast
>both agree to give shitty service and only offer gigabyte internet at obscene prices, except for places Google threatened to set up shop

Where did this 4,462 figure come from?
>>
>>60117545
>4,462 internet service providers
I'm not even a burger and this is bullshit. The market isn't competitive at all where you can only pick 1-2 providers for internet.
>>
>>60124071
If I had to guess, they fudged the numbers by including companies that aren't actually unique ISPs, like subsidiaries or 3rd party companies that sell you internet plans.
I remember being offered internet by some random company in my area, but they were just selling plans from other big ISPs. I can easily imagine these referrers were included in that number to make it seem like it's more competitive.
>>
>>60123782
I know. NN will harm the internet. It will lead to censorship, to stagnation, and possibly the demise of internet subcultures like 4chan which I love. Not alone, not by itself, but by the path it will tread. That's why I'm fighting against it. I don't trust the large corporations but I trust the world's biggest mega-corp (the US government) even less.

The internet is a very complicated beast, and sadly NN is reduced to a few memes about how without it, the internet will die.

We need only learn the lessons of radio and TV to see what happens when our benevolent government steps in for the good of us all.
>>
>>60124133
They are unique ISPs though. Even if they're reselling internet pipe, they set their own terms on the usage of that pipe.

For example, I use Sonic.net. It uses AT&T wires and resells AT&T, but it is rated by the EFF as the number ISP for privacy in the USA. It's investing in fiber and continues to grow by word of mouth. NN would do nothing but remove the differences between AT&T and Sonic.net by making them equally awful.
>>
>>60117545
>‘We Need an Open and Free Internet with these chains I have over here, for the 21st Century’
>>
>>60124272
>NN would do nothing but remove the differences between AT&T and Sonic.net by making them equally awful.

How?
>>
(((PAI AJIT)))
>>
And people in this very thread are no doubt convinced that Trump is on their side.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.