[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

THIS HAS HAPPENED 4 TIMES TODAY AND IT'S NOT EVEN 8 PM YET

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

File: 1493089348411.jpg (21KB, 412x351px) Image search: [Google]
1493089348411.jpg
21KB, 412x351px
THIS HAS HAPPENED 4 TIMES TODAY AND IT'S NOT EVEN 8 PM YET

Since I upgraded my computer
>8GB DDR3 ram -> 32GB DDR3 ram, added a gtx 1050
the whole operating system randomly freezes. I use my computer 10-20 hours a day, and it happens from one to three times a day.
sometimes it takes minutes to freeze, sometimes the whole day seems to go by without accident.

about half the time my computer freezes, a fan goes immediately to 100% (I assume my CPU, but it might be anything, I don't know). I doubt this is because of termal issues, as the computer is pretty quiet and takes a fraction of a second to turn into a commercial airline.
>>
>>60114607
install gentoo
>>
Your computer needs a break. Maybe get a 2nd one to use sometimes (a laptop for browsing on the couch?) and your computer will be much happier and stop acting up.

If that doesn't cheer it up you might need to just wipe it and start with a fresh OS install.
>>
install gentoo
>>
how do you expect anyone here to help you? you have defunct hardware

replace it one by one until it stops
>>
Stop using your gaming pc. This is your chance to do something productive in your life.
>>
>>60114607
Same thing happened with me last year
My cpu temps were high than normal, so i changed thermal paste and cleaned cooler
You can do that and check if your psu is alright
>>
File: Tom-Cruise11.jpg (32KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Tom-Cruise11.jpg
32KB, 400x400px
>tfw built your first pc 2 years ago
>tfw never have any problems because not retarded
>>
>>60114607
>32GB Ram and a 1050
What kind of retarded setup is that?
>>
>>60114650
I am planning to install gentoo.

>>60114682
I don't do any heavy stuff, most of the time.

>>60114708
I am planning to install gentoo.

>>60114769
there isn't any log, any report that tells me what goes wrong when the PC freezes? my case is a fucking mess, it was a small preassembled and I added 3 hard disks and the GPU. it would take me forever

>>60114792
i never gamed in my life

>>60114851
temps seem ok

>>60114870
it's called luck, anon. sometimes shit happens.

>>60115012
a setup for someone that doesn't game. I use the 32GB of ram to hold my orchestral samples for my TV work. I use my 1050 just to drive my 4K monitor (useful for audio production, as you can see many more tracks vertically in your timeline).
>>
download bootable memtest and run it on new memory sticks only
if you get any errors RMA the dimms
>>
>>60115012
muh vm's
>>
>>60114607
ekekekekekekekkekekeek
he paid a bag full of monies for shitty 24gb ram DDR3 (so fucking old) and 1050 video card that he wont need
and now this piece of shit doent work
kekekekeke
>/g/ in one thread
>>
Download 3-4 antivirus and run the scan not simultaneously of course
Anti malware softwares too
Get your PSU tested
>>
>>60115141
>he paid a bag full of monies for shitty 24gb ram DDR3
I work with the thing. I get that it's not important if you spend your days fapping to gaming r34.

>1050 video card that he wont need
but I do need it.

>>60115170
done that. no results. I'm generally careful with my browsing and I don't pirate.

>>60115076
I will try.
>>
>>60115189
>I am planning to install gentoo.
>I work with the thing.
choose one
>>
>>60115322
No. I am an hobbyist programmer, I used to dabble in deep learning and want to start again, and I'm not dumb enough to not be able to double boot.

Of course I'm still going to use windows for audio production.
>>
Ramtest
>>
>>60115337
Run event viewer and look for errors around the time of the freeze. Come back with the results.
>>
>>60115049
>I am planning to install gentoo
let me save you the trouble

it's shit
>>
>>60115424
nothing there. :/ there is just an event saying the previous shutdown was not clean.
>>
>>60115898
remove half your RAM and see if the problem maintains, if it does then remove the remaining half and replace the other half.

Alternatively you could just make sure all the connections are sure. It being so spotty (happening after minutes vs. hours) sounds like a bad connection.
>>
>>60115935
will try both as soon as I finish working. Thanks.
>>
>>60114607
You said it was a prebuilt, then your problem is the psu. Buy a 450w (Corsair, evga, any not generic and bronze rated) psu or if you can get one from a friend to test.
>>
>>60115959
shit. not much money right now.
also
>friends

If everything else fails I will buy a new psu.
>>
>>60114607
Same thing happened to my friend, turns out his RAM speeds were out of sync. Check if they are all the same frequency.
>>
>>60114607
Same thing happened to me and the problem was a defective fan on the graphics card. The card was getting hottter throughout the day, and then my pc crashed. Maybe try monitoring all of the temps to rule out this possibility
>>
maybe your CPU doesn't support 32GB of RAM
>>
>>60114607
>I used my computer 10-20 hours a day
Get a fucking life, Jesus Christ.
>>
>>60114607
Did you start with a Dell prebuilt or something? Those power supplies really can't handle the extra 100 watt load of a good graphics card. You need at LEAST a decent 400 watt supply.
>>
>>60118858
bought from a local shop. it's this apparently: https://www.amazon.it/Alimentatore-Vultech-GS-600R-600W-Retail/dp/B00DY21DFW
>>
Could be your PSU is overloaded with the new card being added. Or due to the internal heat temps now going up due to the new card your computer is overheating. May need to clean/replace cooling fans.
>>
>>60114607
>2017
>ddr3
Stopped reading there
>>
>>60114607
It's probably bad RAM. Run a test?
>>
File: deep grove ball bearing.jpg (21KB, 500x320px) Image search: [Google]
deep grove ball bearing.jpg
21KB, 500x320px
There's an easy fix for this.
>remove your GPU
>remove its shroud/enclosure
>remove its fan (repeat each step if you have multiple GPU fans)
>disassemble the fan motor enclosure
>remove the bearings
>insert the bearings into your urethra
>for assistance in removing the bearings from your urethra, visit >>>/wsr/
>>
>>60115076
Probably the best advice here, fuck all the shitposters, OP is looking for genuine help.

Also for OP, you might also want to stress test the GPU before beginning with the memtest, try something like Firestrike or Heaven. If nothing happens then do the memtest, it will take hours though since you have 32 gigs of ram.
>>
>>60115012
Fuck off back to /v/ and never come back faggot.
>>
>>60119023
heaven is free, pretty cool. trying it out now.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.