[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.pcworld.com/article/3193 149/computers/intel-proj

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: firefox_2017-04-28_11-23-22.png (20KB, 613x428px) Image search: [Google]
firefox_2017-04-28_11-23-22.png
20KB, 613x428px
http://www.pcworld.com/article/3193149/computers/intel-projects-decline-in-chip-prices-and-amds-ryzen-is-one-reason.html
>Intel is forecasting a “slight decline” in its premium chip prices for the remainder of the year, and AMD’s Ryzen chips could have played a part in that.
>>
>>60113771
>Slight decline
Still not worth it.
>>
I'll repeat what I said in the last thread.

PC sales are down 7%, in the same quarter (January 3rd) Intel released Kabylake Desktop processors.

Ryzen 7 has only released in the last month of Q1 and doesn't even have 28 days of sales in the quarter.
I'll leave it up to you if you think those 7% are barely a month of Ryzen 7 sales or not, Ryzen 5 is not included in this quarter.
>>
>>60113805
lol no. It's worse.
Desktop sales were up in Q1 for the first time in many, many years.
INTEL sales were down 7%.

When is Intel's CEO getting replaced?
How many millions in severance is he getting to help run the company into the ground?
>>
>>60113893
>RELEASE
>SKYLAKE
>AGAIN
>>
>>60113893
Compared to Q4 things look pretty fucking awful, Q4 Intel hasn't released anything, while Q1 2017 they had a full quarter of KBL laptops and desktop revenue.

From what I remember the total revenue is the lowest of the last 4 quarters.
>>
>>60113929
For Intel Q1's are historically lower... when they don't release any chips Q1 2016 actually had growth in the client space compared to Q4 2015 and they haven't released anything in Q1 2016

Compared to Q1 2017 where they released something and still lost sales
>>
>>60113929
And 'erre's 2016 Q1

>all other revenue -15%
>all other revenue 2017 Q1 - 35%*

*with a new CPU release

Yikes.
>>
>>60113771
>Intel is forecasting a “slight decline” in prices

It's fun to realize that the exact phrase "slight decline" was chosen by a team of very expensive Intel corporate lawyers.

I wouldn't be surprised if Intel paid upwards of a million dollars in legal expenses to make sure that that phrase "slight decline" was exactly the best phrase to use to minimize damage from both sides -- both from investors who might sue if the language was too strong (causing an excess drop in stock prices), or from investors who might sue if the language was too weak (causing them to believe they were lied to). Shareholders can potentially file suit in either case, causing extra legal expenses, PR problems, and possibly even a loss of profits if the shareholders can win damages in the litigation.

What that means is that from your perspective, the term "slight decline" means precisely dick. It was selected solely to cover Intel's ass from shareholder lawsuits.
>>
>>60113929
You shouldn't compare to Q4.
But they're still bad compared to Q1 or 2016, which is what you should compare to. Especially considering their only competition was only 3 SKUs compared to their 200 SKUs released in the last month of the quarter.

>>60113949
>For Intel Q1's are historically lower.
Yes but also of important note: Intel usually doesn't release CPUs in Q1. Intel released Kabylake in January of 2017. Skylake came out in Q4 of 2015.
They gained less in Q1 2017 than Q1 2016 despite releasing new CPUs in Q1 2017. It's a disaster.
>>
>>60113771
POOTEL IS FINISHED
>>
>>60113997
This is why I find it weird, KBL is a top seller on most online sites, but losses over Q4 are significant, and much more significant than previous years Q4>Q1 which had no CPU release.
>>
>>60113929
Hey at least their Optane field is growing!
>>
>>60114808
But it's not record growth.
It was less growth than last year's and Q1 last year didn't have a new arch launch.

Holy fuck you're clueless. Go back to >>>/v/
>>
>>60114808
Go away IMG_xxxx.png
>>
>>60114808
Get a fucking trip so i can filter you.
>>
>>60114808
>RECORD GROWTH!!!
>35.5% drop in revenue QoQ with kabylake desktop and laptop launch at the 2nd day of the quarter

Lmao
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.