[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there are cloud IDEs that aren't slow ass garbage? How

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: ide-platform-screenshot.jpg (14KB, 382x252px) Image search: [Google]
ide-platform-screenshot.jpg
14KB, 382x252px
Are there are cloud IDEs that aren't slow ass garbage? How does /g/ work on their projects if you move around a lot?
>>
I use pen and paper.
>>
There's absolutely no reason why you should be using anything more than nano, make and maybe some shell scripts for quality of life improvements, like opening files at a specific line.
>>
File: 1491627771888.png (453KB, 648x616px) Image search: [Google]
1491627771888.png
453KB, 648x616px
>>60107557
You use git and a laptop with a data connection
please stop this everything in the cloud meme before it is too late.
>>
Atom.

This is why I settled on it for me IDE.

Runs fine from a USB Lubuntu. User the settings sync to sync all packages and config in a gist, keep the project folders themselves running from Dropbox
>>
>>60107600

This rule of thumb doesn't hold true for anyone who is doing more than trying to stay ahead of their highschool homework
>>
>>60107958
>using cloud software
>suggesting others are in high school
xD
>>
I've used Vi for over 20 years but I am getting tempted to switch to something like Atom. A coworker uses Visual Studio Code and it looks pretty impressive.
>>
>>60107557
yesterday i had to register an account with a cloud service to turn off an LED on my mouse, putting aside that this is dystopian, when i did so it also updated my firmware and permanently defaulted the DPI to a new value, thereby confirming that the configuration could be stored directly on the device, and that the only purpose of the cloud service is data harvesting

the account i registered used a temporary email address and randomly generated name and password, so the data they harvested is meaningless. the cloud, and "big data," are like the demon moving grains of sand with a pair of tweezers in the phantom tollbooth. it is work being done for no purpose
>>
>>60108136
Hell even Nvidia requires an account to use their software now.
>>
>>60107557
>he thinks a text editor can be slow on a 3ghz cpu
>>
>are there any IDEs that aren't bloated garbage?
>"use vim/emacs/sublime/whatever and a minimal set of plugins and command line tools"
>uh yeah no any PROFESSIONAL ADULT PROGRAMMERS have any suggestions I'm doing REAL WORK

why are there so many people like this I see this exact same exchange all the time

>inb4 pajeet
>>
>>60107557

What IDE is that? Codenvy? C9? and by slow... how is it slow? takes time to edit?
>>
>>60108044
haha no U!
>>
>>60107557
>cloud IDE

>>60108069
Startup time is awful but so is vim with all the crap I have installed
>>
>>60107557
I've got Codiad on a raspi and it runs reasonably fast. There is occasional UI oddness though.
Can't say for sure how collab editing goes.

I've been wanting to try Che, given the whole docker-integration thing they've got going.
>>
Makepad
>>
>>60107600
Or you could just use Vim. It defaults to opening on last line cursor was on
>>60108731
>but so is vim with all the crap I have installed
You should make sure plugins are loaded only when relevant instead all each time
>>
>>60107557
>Are there are cloud IDEs that aren't slow ass garbage?
No.
>How does /g/ work on their projects if you move around a lot?
Using version control systems, like any other sane person.
>>
>>60109482
>You should make sure plugins are loaded only when relevant instead all each time
He's right though, there are even themes that make startup slow down notably, just because Bromnt Memenar couldn't be arsed to create proper theme support or a non-shit scripting language for his meme editor. Not that emacs is better.
>>
>>60110992
This, have none of you heard of git?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.