[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did nobody ever bother to make a better PMP? Why is my best

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

Why did nobody ever bother to make a better PMP? Why is my best option for a standalone player *still* a refurb from 8 years ago?
>>
Because that's good enough.
>>
wait until the UMPC fad finally dies and we will circle back to music players.
>>
>>60107451
Don't get be wrong here, I love mine. I just don't understand, it's not even like people don't still make PMPs. How are they *all* worse than the Clip+?
>>
There has to be an answer. Why do people even bother to make PMPs if they're all worse than the Clip+? Why doesn't anyone just make Clip+ clones if nothing else?
>>
>>60107638
'cause that would be too easy
>also companies never do what people want
>>
>>60107933
>Companies never do what people want
And cucks gladly take the corporate cock and buy everything they shove in their face.

>Oh man this Phone sucks so much and has even less features than the last one, better be a good goy and buy it.
>>
>>60107438
AGPtEK M20
>>
what is this and why would you need it?
is this a meme like the thinkpads are?

i dont see why your phone would be as good or maybe even better than this, p sure this doesnt have any streaming capabilities which mean youre a slave to the storage
>>
>>60107438
>What are Sony players
>What are Cowon players
>What are chink players
Unless you're just meming there's no excuse.
>>
iPod classic 160gb 7th gen still using rockbox solid for like 5 years now. Literally no reason to upgrade. Click wheel is still best non-touchscreen interface
>>
>>60108227
>streaming
>not a slave to DRM-ed content you'll never even own
And some sane people don't have phones.
>>
>>60107438
Because consumers got tired of needing to keep a music library. Spotify just makes shit so much easier and I'm yet to see a Sansa clip that can play Spotify
>>
>>60108244
whats your address? lemme send you some tin foil because you clearly need some
honestly, why "own"? i love the spotify thing, especially how i can continue listening to my morning playlist on my phone after hooking my computer to the speakers in the shower...
>>
File: 1482884796103.png (8KB, 112x112px) Image search: [Google]
1482884796103.png
8KB, 112x112px
>Only two Walkman model lines with microsd slots
I guess it isn't necessary to have a load, but it'd be nice having a wider selection of different looking models to choose from. Walkman PMPs are damn nice and I wanna continue getting them, but I'll just have to wait a little longer for now.
>>
>>60108244
>the FLACs on my NAS are protected with DRM

are you retarded
>>
>>60107438
Apple's already made multiple better PMPs
>>
File: 1458858199129.jpg (88KB, 600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
1458858199129.jpg
88KB, 600x1067px
iPod nano GOAT
>can adjust volume, skip, navigate playlists without having to even look at it
>tiny enough that it disappears when you're running, still big enough to use without difficulty
>can be set to say the name of a track when you skipping songs
>real shuffle
>battery lasts forever, lasts 20+ hours continuously a year later
>sounds great
>sound and touch based UI is intuitive, and no lag to boot

It's not particularly high-spec, but it's good at doing what it's made to do, and stays out of the way.
>>
>>60107438
whats a pmp
>>
>>60108518
http://nwavguy.blogspot.com/2011/02/sansa-clip-measured.html

tl;dr the clip is basically as good as an ipod except it also has such low output impedance it acts like its own amp, plus its expansible and it actually fits in my pocket unlike my phone
>>
>>60108555
portable music/media player aka standalone mp3 player
>>
>>60108558
iPod have the clickwheel and upgradeable storage, I guess it depends on your needs.
>>
>>60107438
Because iphones were invented
>>
I'm not an audiophile, is it necessary for spending 200$ for a portable music player, or I should just stick with my chink android phone?
>>
Would Copytrans or Media Monkey be better for managing my ipod nano (3rd gen) library? Or is there some other alternative. I haven't tried Media Monkey, but I did try Copytrans. Easy enough to add music, but it's a bitch to try to get music off the device. I think they only give you like 100 songs before you go premium. I know Foobar has some ipod management things, but I haven't really messed with any of that and don't know how good it is.
>>
>>60108309
>Not caring about freedom
I want normies to leave this board
>>
No Rockbox for recent players
>>
>>60108658
No it's not necessary. Especially if you don't have headphones that require more power than smartphone can provide.
>>60107438
>Why did nobody ever bother to make a better PMP?
There is shitton of better players than clip+, but I'm not going to spoonfeed you retard.
>Why is my best option for a standalone player *still* a refurb from 8 years ago?
Because you are too dumb to do research.
>>
File: 5310zwartrood2[1].jpg (116KB, 1000x1197px) Image search: [Google]
5310zwartrood2[1].jpg
116KB, 1000x1197px
At the risk of being called a dinosaur and a casual
>>
i actually have one of these coming in the mail today

im stoked on it, /g/

hate having to use my phone for music
>>
bought one for £25 when i went on a trip around Europe so i didn't have to take my Ipod. Was good.

Sold it for £100 a few months ago thanks to it being discontinued and people having a hard-on for it.
>>
I wish rockbox could be ported to the nano 4g or 5g. I have both but there's an EU volume restriction on them that can't be removed and it just makes them miserable to use
>>
A rockbox'd clip+ is the best MP3 player on the market.
>>
File: Sansa_Clip_Zip.jpg (494KB, 1126x1585px) Image search: [Google]
Sansa_Clip_Zip.jpg
494KB, 1126x1585px
The Clip+ sucks and it's OLED has a 50% chance of dying on you at the worst possible time, the Zip is the patrician Rockbox player
>>
>>60110450
Why?????????? You people make no sense
>>
>>60107438
I've lost three of those now. First one during conscription, it's somewhere in the forest. Second one dropped when I was going to uni with my bicycle. Third one I forgot to a gym.
>>
>>60107438
The best option is the iphone classic U2 edition (not even joking they have a very high quality DAC)

But ya, the market has basically disappeared because everyone can just stream whatever they want or put their music on their phones now
>>
>>60108555
Wow I dunno, have you tried piecing the picture and OP's comment together to form your own conclusion? Fucking retard.
>>
>>60110434

THIS or get a Nokia N8
>>
>>60108558
>my phone
How tiny are you?I'm using a tablet as my phone currently and that shit fits in my pocket.
>>
>>60110434
Want.
>>
>>60108203
>touch buttons
>>
>>60116471
A20 then
>>
>>60108239
I'd kill to have one. I can't believe that standard portable storage is about 1/5 of what it was when iPod classics were around. It's fucking depressing
>>
>>60107438
xDuoo x3. Has rockbox. Has 2 microsd card slots. Button layout is comfy when you get used to it. Always know what button you are on blindly etc.

fiio x1ii for new stuff
ruizu x02 for a cheap player that has everything
Benjie T6 for more rockbox and cheap price

IQQ C18 is new and looking nice too. 55 hour battery.

I know stuff isn't much better but it's a dying market. normies are fine with a smartphone and cheap mp3 for sports.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.