[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>It's another LaTeX document that uses Computer Modern

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

>It's another LaTeX document that uses Computer Modern

Why do people still use this shitty font? It looks like absolute shit on a screen as it's too thin
>>
>>60098583
Sans-cuck detected
Fact:sans serif fonts are for children
>>
>>60098583
Because it's a pleasure to read.
>>
>>60098743
I find it harder to scroll throughtexts with serif fonts than sans-serif.
>>
>>60098708
>not using Palatino, Garamond or even fucking Times New Roman

Admit it anon, you just have shit taste in fonts.
>>
>>60098583
>LaTeX
Go and eat a dick. Unless your doing your math degree in which case LaTeX is prob compulsory, so in that case my condolences for all the dick you had to eat.
>>
>>60098583
>It looks like absolute shit on a screen
dpilet detected
>>
Damn I really want to like latex but every time I did into a be document I end up with 50 browser tabs open on how to do anything. And even though it's supposed to be smart about placement, inevitably a table gets placed in a way where it breaks a part a listing of source code or sundering funky like that.

Anyways I end up using xelatex to use otf fonts because deciphering latex font packages is ridiculously obtuse.

Is imagine over the years you end up with a great template and you don't have to remember all the boiler plate shit.
>>
>>60100602
Yeah I remember my advisors telling me it's great because it allows you to focus on content and not typesetting.

But I ended up having to manually place and relocate half of the shit I put in there anyway.

To be fair, it's pretty convenient how you can manage references and how it automatically enumerates your titles and sections and shit.

But if you need anything more than plain text and maybe some equations you're fucked.
>>
>>60100602
>ridiculously obtuse
have you tried, iunno, \usepackage{packagename} yet?
>>
>>60100523
>>>60098583 (OP)
>>LaTeX
>Go and eat a dick. Unless your doing your math degree in which case LaTeX is prob compulsory, so in that case my condolences for all the dick you had to eat.

TEX is mandatory for every Master level plus degree at my university.
>>
>>60100638
That's what I mean though, you gotta go find the package name and how to set it. Some of the don't package names are retarded. Especially when looking through all the latex packages you inevitably end up having installed, or are searching through.
>>
>>60100602
There is literally no reason ever *not* to use XeLaTeX.

>>60100523
I teach chemistry, and it's ridiculously easy to rustle up a Beamer presentation with immaculately-presented formulae, equations, and structures in it. And which won't shit itself every five minutes, like Powerpoint.
>>
>>60100723
that's why resources like the dutch usergroup have a font catalogue, this is honestly trivial stuff after a few times
>>
>>60100523
>he doesn't frontload his paperwriting's hard part
enjoy your mediocre Word aesthetic and nontrivial troubleshooting.
>>
>>60100777
That's why I end up having 50 tabs open. Tbf I only used it for 3 documents and lost all the files in the years between writing them, so I basically forget everything I did prior.
I'd imagine once I have a good base of templates/documents it will become faster
>>
>>60098708
>serif-fonts
Gee grandpa, you know we don't need serifs for media that isn't being printed with woodblocks, right?

Serifs existed to compensate for a mechanical issue. Sans-serif fonts can exist because we no longer need serifs for legibility.

Stop living in the past.
>>
>>60100725
it's horribly slow compared to everything else
>>
>>60098583
It's a font for printed documents you fucking moron.
>>
>>60098583
>Why do people still use this shitty font?

do even if someone creates a pdf or prints their doc they can still see he did it with latex :^)
>>
Roboto is the least fucking autistic font. No decorations, none of that retarded bullshit, just fucking letters, like it should be. Seriously I really wish that it would be fucking punishable by death to use anything else. Caring what letters look like over just being able to fucking read them is pure fucking autism.
>>
>>60102081
I think that's his point. Some people use the font even if it's going to be usually read on a computer, where it typically looks less than pleasant.
>>
>>60103970
That's the point I was trying to get across.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.