[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I used a Macbook Pro back in college. However, I've used

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: timcook.jpg (806KB, 3072x2048px) Image search: [Google]
timcook.jpg
806KB, 3072x2048px
I used a Macbook Pro back in college. However, I've used a Windows PC for my daily driving, and gaming. So, I have recently gotten a job that is forcing back into the Mac ecosystem.

Employer-kun gave me a choice between a 2015 MBPr, and a 2016 MBP with Touch Bar. I decided to go to Best Buy to get a feel for both machines before I gave my answer.

Firstly, WHAT THE FLYING FUCK? I am triggered as hell! Their Macbook, with the first iteration of the butterfly switch doesn't give any feeling of having pressed the button. Their 2016 MBP with TB, with the second iteration of the butterfly switch is slightly better, but it's not usable for any prolonged period.

Needless to say, I am taking the 2015 MBPr for work, but seriously wtf was Johnny Ives, or Tim Cook smoking when they decided to implement this horrid butterfly switch?
>>
>>60091320
Who knows I don't know how people can defend it. MacBooks now have the worst keyboard I have ever used the old regular chiclet keys were better than the shit they have now. The GOAT was the keyboard they had on the early macbooks and powerbooks before they made them chiclet in like 2009.
>>
>>60091415

God, I wish I could use a Dell, or a System76 notebook. :(
>>
>>60091320
Don't think of it as a mac. Think of it as a portble BSD Unix workstation with custom GUI and integrated device drivers. Use the terminal as often as you can. And plug in a mouse.
>>
>>60091320
I think people needing a certain amount of feedback from keyboards is a relic from the age of mechanical keyboards and will probably disappear soon. Hopefully all keyboards will be like the Surface touch cover's in due course.
>>
>>60093803
(you)
>>
File: IMG_5827.jpg (90KB, 750x644px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5827.jpg
90KB, 750x644px
>>60091320
>I have recently gotten a job that is forcing back into the Mac ecosystem.

This scares me
>>
>>60093832
Mechanical will disappear completely in a few decades and there's absolutely nothing you can do about it.
>>
>>60093888
Nah. If it was going to disappear, it would have already. Plenty of autist are shelling out extra shekels for the clicky clicky
>>
>>60091477
The one thing I love about my macbook is that the touchpad is so great I don't need a mouse
>>
>>60091320
Is the company paying for it?
I assume so, in which case
>Not getting the most expensive one
>>
>>60094026
This. You will be a retarted macfag anyway so pick the most expensive one and plug in a mechanical keyboard.
>>
>>60093943
The technology for properly solid state keyboards is only now filtering into mainstream products. Eventually I guess we'll be using digital slates which can rearrange themselves depending on the application and give haptic feedback emulating keypresses. I think Apple are working on something like that at the moment.
>>
>>60094409
Sounds shit
>>
>>60094458
You sound shit
>>
File: IMG_20170317_202149_833.jpg (129KB, 486x607px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170317_202149_833.jpg
129KB, 486x607px
Macs weren't made for people like us. They were made for people who think they are like us
>>
>>60094472
Ur a faggit
>>
>>60093888
trips confirms this is a shit prediction
>>
>>60091477
>muh Unix
When one of you morons can stop flaunting this buzzword randomly and actual explain why it's a good thing, let us know.

>>60093888
>and here is my proof
>>
Tims fortune was found by the power generated from Steve rolling in his grave
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.