[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Interactive/engaging Machine Learning / Artificial Intelligence

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: goth.jpg (196KB, 500x746px) Image search: [Google]
goth.jpg
196KB, 500x746px
Hey guys - I'm in high school (18) and I run my school's programming club. Every thursday we have a short (~45 minute) meeting in the middle of the school day just to talk about projects / catch up - we usually don't actually program during these in-school meetings - I just go up to the board and show everyone something cool on the projector, we talk about it, etc. etc.

I'm looking for some neat interactive/engaging ML projects that I could show everyone - NVIDIA just recently sent me this developer board with a ton of gpu cores on it so I can do CUDA stuff.

Some projects we've done in the past that everyone really liked were:

Neural Doodle - turn your 2 bit drawings into fine artworks; https://github.com/alexjc/neural-doodle

Rapping Neural Network (I actually wrote this!) - Neural network/markov chain combo that generates and "performs" rap songs with text to speech; https://github.com/robbiebarrat/rapping-neural-network

Neural Style transfer - I think everyone has seen this one, turns photographs into "paintings" based off of reference images - there are tons of implementations of this just google it if you're unfamiliar.

DCGAN stuff - we looked at and messed around with a DCGAN to generate images - a lot of the images it generated looked really creepy so i just projected it up onto the board for a while and we talked about it. https://github.com/Newmu/dcgan_code

Does anyone know any other engaging ML/AI projects like these? It can really be anything - as long as you think that typical high-schoolers will find it interesting... if all else fails i think I'll just show them lyrebird.ai (this super cool machine learning project that can like, mimic anyone's voice after hearing them talk for a minute or two) and we'll talk about the ethical implications of it - i just really need some suggestions! thanks!

tl;dr what are some cool/engaging ML projects that would entertain high schoolers for about a half hour?

also pic unrelated
>>
>"programming club"
>Corporate interests
Every fucking time
OP, kill yourself. You're legitimately harming the community.
>>
>>60089748
wait who said anything about corporate interests??? besides the NVIDIA thing (they sent me the board for reasons completely unrelated to club) - i don't think there's anything 'corporate' about this...
>>
neural networks are a meme
>>
>>60090445
they're a pretty good meme desu
>>
>>60090403
the nvidia thing is the fucking definition of a corporate interest, even if they are completely unaware of the club
Did you think a big company like that would do something like that just so you personally have a better time? They're trying to get you (a smart young lad who has a good chance of making widely used software in their eyes) to program software optimized for their platform.
>>
>>60090825
okay yeah that is true - if it were some unheard of shit that they wanted me to program on i agree that would be harming the community, but it's a CUDA board - and
>there's really no good alternative to CUDA
>a bunch of great open source libraries (tensorflow, etc) interface with CUDA
so i mean, yeah i get what you're saying, and yeah it's definitely corporate interest, but i don't know if it's harming the community necessarily. NVIDIA has been pouring a bunch of money into open source stuff and AI research, not shilling but they seem pretty alright in this aspect
>>
>>60090903
kys
>>
>>60090903
intel is the only company that makes a worthwhile gpu with open source drivers
do you think intel is a good company that supports freedom?
check this out, you can gain marketshare with "free - but"s
it's free but it requires nonfree microcode
it's free but it requires this nonfree hardware only we make
etc etc
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.