[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any audiophiles online right now? I recently purchased a condenser

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1b75ec2843addaaa1e49d458aff65ce2.jpg (133KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
1b75ec2843addaaa1e49d458aff65ce2.jpg
133KB, 1280x800px
Any audiophiles online right now?
I recently purchased a condenser microphone in order to record higher quality audio for a series of projects I'm working on, but what I didn't realise at the time of purchase was that I was also going to have to buy a separate phantom power unit in order to sufficiently power the microphone.
Having looked at a few online though, I can't figure out how I would then connect it directly to my PC. I'm reading some things saying that I'd require another external audio interface but now I'm even more confused. I didn't even know what an XLR cable was prior to this. I have no idea what I'm doing. Can anybody explain it to me in idiot-speak before I make a bad/misinformed purchase?
>>
I think there are devices which plug into the wall and provide power while passing the signal through. But I'm not super knowledgeable in this stuff.

What microphone did you get? Just out of personal curiosity.
>>
>>60083330
This has nothing to do with audiophiles. You need audio interface like you said, scarlet 2i2 is good entry level interface. You connect it to PC using usb cable. You also use it as DAC/AMP for your headphones/monitors.
>>
>>60083396
Because I'm at babby's first condenser microphone-tier I bought a Blue Yeti after multiple recommendations from people. Apparently it's a decent entry mic.

>>60083408
So the audio interface IS a phantom power unit then? I thought they were separate things.
>>
>>60083330
get cheap audio interface
>>
Get a scarlett 2i2 or an uphoria u2 cheap and work well.
>>
>>60083583
Thanks man, I'm looking into it now. I really appreciate the help guys, stepping into this as a complete novice is very intimidating.
>>
>>60083427
Audio interfaces might offer phantom power or not. There's plenty of choices for instrument recording, like the Scarlett everyone is talking about here.
Thomann has a good selection of audio gear, at least here in Jurop.
>>
>>60083606
It's really more for recording dialogue for a series of videos I'm producing. I have a basic Logitech USB desktop mic which is surprisingly decent, but I wanted to the same kind of quality that you hear in a lot of the professional Youtubers content.
>>
>>60083668

Not him but that sounds interesting. I personally am a voice actor/voiceover artist in London.
>>
>>60083427
>I bought a Blue Yeti after multiple recommendations from people
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure blue Yeti is a USB condenser mic. You don't need phantom power for it, it is powered from USB itself and microphone has it's own DAC built in.
>>
>>60083668
>ut I wanted to the same kind of quality that you hear in a lot of the professional Youtubers content.

Sounds like you will also be needing to add some post processing then.

Hints:

-Import your audio into Reaper.

-Eq your track using Reaeq. You can select one of the vocal presets and tweak to taste.

-Compress with Reacomp. Again, there are presets that will work well.

Bonus!

Learn how to sidechain your vocal track to your other audio tracks and utilize Reacomp to automatically adjust vocal track to other audio tracks.
>>
>>60083712
Yeah it powers itself via 5v
>>
>>60083427
I'm not too keen on mics with a USB interface built into them. Often ends up causing noise.
It sound ok though.
I recommend getting an arm for them. When it sits on your table in its little foot it picks up all sorts of shit you don't want.
>>
Behringer UM 2 is what I'm (pretty sure I'm) using. USB interface, phantom power, and like $30-$40.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.