[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Long story short I want to learn a programming language so that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: me on the left.jpg (46KB, 770x577px) Image search: [Google]
me on the left.jpg
46KB, 770x577px
Long story short I want to learn a programming language so that I can start making money very soon.

What is the fastest or easiest programming language to learn to start making money or get a job with no experience?

I'm 28 and have been a general fuckup and I want to turn my life around. Once I make money programming I'm willing to learn more languages to add to my arsenal to stay on top of my game.
>>
Java. Make Android apps and start raking in the money from normies.
>>
>>60081038
This, fuck normies you can use them all you want.
>>
>>60081017

Bascially it's like an evolution: you have to start as something slimy/filthy and work your way up..

>putrefactive bacterium
Making websites with Wordpress.

>slime fungus
Learn proper HTML, CSS and make static websites with a proper frontent.

>mudskipper
Learn basics of Java and develop mobile apps.

>plague rat
Learn something like Python, Ruby, Go and now you can devellop Frontend and backend, which means you can develop real websites.

>skunk
Learn proper JavaScript and Node.JS, now you can develop websites and get a job in a hipster startup.

>monkey
Learn more Java and some Java framework or learn proper Python and get a non-webdev position.

>human
Learn C, Haskell and LISP and find a job as civilized individual.
>>
Thanks guys. I already know how to make basic WP sites with premium themes and such. So basically learn Java and earn money from apps I upload to the Android store is the game plan correct? Once I'm making money doing that star learning more programming languages.
>>
>>60081225

Java is a good overall investment, since there are many kind of java jobs.

But I'm not sure if mobile apps are a good way to make money. I'd rather stick with normal sites and learn some backend which is slightly more advanced than Wordpress.

There are many good beginner frameworks that keep a lot of stuff away from you.
>>
>>60081176
>Learn C, Haskell and LISP and never get a job
>>
>>60081017
Java has the most jobs.

C# also has a fuckton of jobs.

C++, C, and Python are all about the same after that, all very employable.

Of these, C# and Python are the easiest to learn, while C# is more easily transferable to something like Java. You should probably learn some basic SQL while you're at it.

Javascript is in its own field and technically has more jobs than anythng else I've mentioned, so you might want to go this route if you want webdev-focused things.
>>
>>60081017
Haskell and C++.
If you can't make a GUI app after two weeks, programming might not be for you.
>>
I'm in a similar to OP's situation but I'm already learning Python.

At what point should I look for any sort of employment or gaining anything material at all?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.