[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a reason more motherboards don't have an io shield

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: 71UhJnktkQL._SL1500_.jpg (176KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
71UhJnktkQL._SL1500_.jpg
176KB, 1200x1200px
Is there a reason more motherboards don't have an io shield attached out of the box?
>>
>>60076853
i would guess that it might not fit in non-standard size cases.
>>
It's trivial either way, who fucking cares. It's easy to for it to the motherboard, harder to for it in the case and shit
>>
>mobo built for gaming
disgusting
>>
>>60076862
>>60076865
Valid points. Probably should have just put this in a sqt thank you
>>
>>60076853
I wish more would. Additionally I've never understood why the pcb is as exposed as it is. Plastic isn't expensive. Even in an enterprise environment if each motherboard cost $5 more, purchasing 100 is $500 extra. That seems like a good investment if it meant that you lost fewer boards due to mishandling and damaging them upon install.
>>
Cost Vs demand

/thread
>>
>>60076853
In case the ioshield gets fucked up so you don't have to replace the whole thing.
>>
>>60076930
please don't post anymore
>>
>>60076853
Good luck cleaning these mobo from the dust.
>>
File: 1470152167113.png (83KB, 328x408px) Image search: [Google]
1470152167113.png
83KB, 328x408px
>>60076853
>Build for hardcore gaming
>>
>>60076880
>/g/ don't like thing so I will too!

Please don't rely solely on /g/ for your tech.
>>
>>60076880
>Giving a shit
Gaming is literally a buzzword at this point
>>
sick motherboard armor bro
>>
>>60077812
>>60078361
Pretty sure he wasn't talking about the marketing. Most of the times these mobos come with random pieces of "aesthetics" fitted onto them to appeal to faggots who think it makes something they're not going to look at look cool. And all of the times, these additions affect the performance of the hardware such as cooling. And it also means you are buying something that is making the product worse.
>>
>>60076853
that io shield is useless for people who want to use a motherboard (and they're buying the apex, not formula) with ln2
>>
>>60076853
It makes no sense to have one
>>
>>60076853
Last time I installed one of these ASUS motherboards I had to tear that foil covered foam off the back of the I/O shield or the motherboard wouldn't line up with the standoffs. Luckily it actually comes off in one piece.
>>
>>60076880
Its built for OC, but then again, most idiots who purchase "gaming mobos" with K series CPU don't even OC.
>>
I actually don't have my IO shield on because the fucking GPU is stuck on the motherboard.

I would love to put it on but I can't for the life of me remove my gtx 1070. Piece of shit giant GPU.
>>
>>60076853
Better question:
How is it acceptable for motherboards that cost over $100 not to include a system panel hookup block?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.