[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there an open source alternative to Microsoft's One Note

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: nevernote.png (175KB, 1152x741px) Image search: [Google]
nevernote.png
175KB, 1152x741px
Is there an open source alternative to Microsoft's One Note that also supports handwritten notes using a drawing tablet?
>>
Yeah, it's called a piece of paper, you stupid faggot.
>>
whats wrong with typing?
>>
>>60075527
and I have to carry that around with me? Fuck that
>>
GNU Emacs
>>
>>60075538
you don't remember as much when you type
>>
>>60075548
paper is literally lighter than your tablet
>>
>>60075548
Tape it to whichever device you were planning on running the software on. Or maybe just tape it to the drawing tablet you planned on having.
>>
>>60075509
I'm looking fit the same. Maybe someone should code one up here on /g/.
>>
>>60075527
Kek
>>
>>60075509
>falling for the tablet meme

Nothing is more efficient on a tablet than on a laptop, only microcucks and applels fool themselves into thinking so.
>>
>>60075564
my tablet can hold 1 million pieces of paper that I can then manipulate with incredible ease AND at any point I can convert them into real paper.

do you realize this is a technology board and u are arguing for paper?
>>
>>60076960
You sound like a luddite in the 90s describing to his neighbor how he can store thousands of files in his computer while he could never store that many in one cabinet. It's a gimmick, paper is easier to write on, faster to write on, and provides a natural tactile feedback that tablet don't.
>>
>>60075552
Unironically this. Org mode is the shit.
>>
>>60076979
Not to mention it is so much easier flipping through a notebook to find the page you are looking for than any tablet page switching features on any software I've seen.
>>
>>60076916
drawing tablet aka wacom faggot
>>
>>60077025
>go to index page
>click on chapter
>0 flipping through
nice meme
>>
>>60077044
You clearly don't use your tablet for anything of significance if you can remember the number of every page in whatever you are reading or writing.

It's just not possible, hence why people flip through books and notebooks to find what they want.
>>
>>60076960
It depends on the context, but paper is better for note taking, drawing stuff like that.
Blackboard > whiteboard > paper > tablet

What makes computers good for documents is when you need pretty documents. In those cases, typing is usually a lot faster.

But please, let me know when a tablet is even competing with these.
>>
>>60077077
it's a fucking drawing tablet to take handwritten notes not that your tab or ipad retard
I sit at my computer for hours everyday so why wouldn't I want my notes on my desktop
>>
That would require FOSS software to have tablet support outside of Krita

Ubuntu OS is dead so now desktop linux is fucked for the inevitable touch future
>>
>>60075509
No, latest LibreOffice 5.3.2 is complete SHIT, due to fucking blurry and fuzzy GUI fonts,
while LibreOffice 5.3.1 worked fine.

What's more devs saying it's fucking intended, fuck this FOSS shit.
>>
>>60078017
>Ubuntu OS
What are you talking about? They're ditching unity for gnome, 2018 will be year of the linux desktop faggot.
>>
>>60078053
Ubuntu OS for phones and tablets is literally dead, app store is closing
And desktop Ubuntu is Debian/Gnome/Why
>>
>>60078078
ubuntu for mobile was never alive, it ran on like 10 devices worldwide. 2018 year of linux desktop
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.