[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.kickstarter.com/project s/the-compiler/qutebrows

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: main.png (46KB, 696x420px) Image search: [Google]
main.png
46KB, 696x420px
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/the-compiler/qutebrowser-v10-with-per-domain-settings

qutebrower 1.0 kickstarter is 90% funded in just a week!

>per-domain settings

why havent you donated yet?
>>
>>60074236
How is that even allowed under kickstarter?
None of the rewards include the product.
>>
I donated a few tumblr dogs coins. Match me!
>>
>>60074236
because lynx exists and why would I donate to a kikestarter scam?
>>
so it's like surf, but shit?
>>
File: 1469656490556.png (14KB, 166x166px) Image search: [Google]
1469656490556.png
14KB, 166x166px
>>60074236
>weird lazy eye
>camera switches after awhile so that the lazy eye is staring right at the camera lens
>>
>>60074236
He wants $6000 to make a config system for his browser? For something that is open source and has 30+ contributors already?
>>
>>60074333
Isn't kickstarter just a platform to launder money?
>>
>>60074265
Kickstarter doesn't require that - only "Projects must create something to share with others": https://www.kickstarter.com/rules
>>
>>60074372
>tfw you will never get rich from asking idiots to just give you money for no reason
>>
>>60074333

For a month of full-time work, with a quite modest "salary" for Switzerland. About $4500-$5000 are left after Kickstarter/payment fees and purchasing stuff.

A few days (a week last year, hopefully less this time) will probably be needed for ordering/shipping rewards and all other administrative stuff.

The rest is time I'll spend coding on qutebrowser full-time (rather than working on something which is less fun, but would give me more money). Most of it will probably go to the config system (it's not exactly a small project, and config is something which touches pretty much all the code, even the ugly 3 year old code). Per-domain settings is quite some effort too. If some time is left, I'll spend it on finishing the new QtWebEngine backend (to make that the default; based on Chromium) and initial work for a plugin API.
>>
>>60074275
>>60074293

Wait, people actually use lynx (or surf) for day-to-day browsing?

(as for surf: make sure you use the 2.0 release based on WebKit2, or you will get an old unmaintained WebKitGTK with no security patches)
>>
>>60077446
surf is basically just safari/chrome but without some elements. it's actually usable.
>>
>>60078093

No, it's based on WebKitGTK. That might have some things common with Safari, but to say it's "basically just safari/chrome" is quite a stretch.
>>
File: 1476193066017.jpg (35KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1476193066017.jpg
35KB, 640x480px
>>60074236
>python
this is the result of modern CS graduates
>>
>>60074236
Which eye am I supposed to look at?
>>
>>60077446
> Python
> PyQt5

Good luck buddy. I've gone down that path before and it ain't beautiful.
>>
>>60078189
do not bully!
>>
>>60074236
I would applaud the use of Qt, but
>python
JUST WRITE IT IN FUCKING C++ YOU DONGS
>>
just use firefox
>>
>>60078202
Who's going to stop me?
>>
>>60078189
>Which eye am I supposed to look at?

The left one, usually.
>>
>>60078218
never recommend the abomination that is C++ again.
>>
>>60078167
>>60078200
>>60078218

It has its benefits and downsides (I'm using it since ~4 years), but C++ isn't exactly beautiful either (and I used to write low-level C for a living).
>>
>>60077417
Thank you for qutebrower. I really hope you manage to keep working on it. I'm eagerly waiting for uMatrix support to use it for daily browsing.
>>
>>60074236

>Second camera angle is aligned perfectly to be directly looked at by his lazy eye

This can't be an accident.
>>
>come across another thread where there's people shitting on C and C++ cause it doesn't look as pretty as their baby tier languages like python despite still being the superior coding language for the past two decades

modern /g/ never fails to amuse me. I miss /prog/
>>
>>60074236
Not sure if the anon that presents himself as the compiler is in this thread but good for you.

Actually working a proper project and getting payed for it is great compared to pointless shitposting we are doing here.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.