[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /g/. I just got an 250gb SSD and I want to move my OS to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: ssdhelp.png (48KB, 982x727px) Image search: [Google]
ssdhelp.png
48KB, 982x727px
Hey /g/. I just got an 250gb SSD and I want to move my OS to it and use it as the boot drive but any program I use just tells me there isn't enough space.

I have tried AOMEI as well because on their site it tells me how to clone a larger HDD to a smaller SSD and it looks like they changed it because you can't do it anymore. I have followed the steps to the T and still nothing.

Anyone have any ideas on what to do? I am about to just reinstall windows 10.
>>
>>60071094

>an 250gb SSD
>an
>move my OS
>windows 10

Fuck off faggot.
>>
>>60071094
Just reinstall the damn OS, its not that hard
>>
i used todo backup or whatever it's called. moved from smaller to larger.
>>
OP probably has an optical drive too.
>>
>>60071188
no I have an nzxt s340 elite.
>>
>>60071188
Whats wrong with having an optical drive?
My case has room for one and there useful
>>
is this the how-to page you used?

http://www.todo-backup.com/backup-resource/clone/how-to-migrate-to-a-solid-state-disk-without-reinstalling-windows.htm
>>
>>60071168
well smaller to larger isn't what I am trying to do buddy.
>>
>>60071233
Why not just install the OS on the SSD?
>>
>>60071229
I used this one. I read all over that Todo doesn't allow me to do it.

http://www.backup-utility.com/clone/clone-large-hdd-to-smaller-ssd-4348.html
>>
>>60071263
The OS is 1.09TB while the SSD is 250gb.
>>
>>60071295
What I meant was just use the media creation tool for windows 10 on a usb stick, boot from the USB stick and do a clean install of the OS on the SSD. Its not hard and you'll run into less problems
>>
>>60071343
Just searched all my old Sticks and the biggest one is 4gb. Not going to work.
>>
>>60071443
Well go buy an 8gb one, Trust me its not going to be worth the trouble trying to migrate just windows 10 off of the larger hard drive to the SSD.
>>
>>60071343
fuck I just found a 500gb one so I will use that. I didn't want to have to do a clean install but whatever.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.