[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>2017 >there are people right now on /g/ who got less than

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

File: de.png (40KB, 826x629px) Image search: [Google]
de.png
40KB, 826x629px
>2017
>there are people right now on /g/ who got less than 8 CPU threads in their laptops
why is this allowed?
Why do we allow corelets to stay here?
>>
>>60070481
You're right, I should pay more for performance I won't use.
>>
Because being a real /g/ means you can finesse any hardware, of any age, running any OS, to produce the crispest anime desktops yo mama has ever seen.
>>
>all 8 cores spiking to 100% just from opening the task manager

windows, everyone
>>
A good thread died so you could post this garbage.
>>
>>60070740
corelet detected
>>
>>60070481
>Why do we allow corelets to stay here?
Because we allow Intel to hinder progress by letting them price 8 cores an arm and a leg.
>>
File: 3610qm.png (55KB, 415x459px) Image search: [Google]
3610qm.png
55KB, 415x459px
>>60070545
Windows 7 doesn't have this problem.
>>
>>60070832
>Windows Shitven
Kill yourself.
>>
>>60070844
>being this triggered
Hi, Pajeet.
>>
>>60070850
Nobody is triggered by anything. You're just retarded for using a shitty and outdated operating system, you luddite.
>>
>>60070481
>there are people right now on /g/ who got less than 8 CPU threads
Yeah, those guys are fa-
>in their laptops
Ya blew it.
>>
>>60070832
>Windows Seventy years old
Does it come with a free pack of denture cream?
>>
File: Untitled.png (18KB, 945x879px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
18KB, 945x879px
>>60070545
>tfw
>>
>>60070517
This nigga gets it.
>>
>>60070910
An outdated operating system that doesn't force cloud bs or try to "talk" to me like a retarded teenager. I'd rather use Linux than Winshit 10.
>>
>>60070954
Reminder that Windows 7 still gets security updates, until 2020.
>>
>>60070986
Linux is actually better than Windows 7. Linux isn't better than Windows 10, though.

Also, if you knew how to change settings in a computer, you'd understand that Windows 10 is actually the best operating system Microsoft has released.
>>
File: windoze.png (57KB, 664x740px) Image search: [Google]
windoze.png
57KB, 664x740px
>>60070974
>>60070545
ebin

>>60071167
Windows 10 is a buggy Frankenstein monster and you're the beta tester, if you have the balls to update it.
>>
>upgrade to 8 threads so that you can have 0,5% idle instead of 1,0%
wow
much improve
so fast
1000 fps
elite
>>
>>60071490
Windows 10 isn't buggy at all. I've tried the non-LTSB versions and I can tell you for a fact that if you turn off all the bullshit (which most tech-illiterate people don't), it runs just fine.

I've yet to come across any problems with Windows 10 in the almost two years I've had it installed. Windows 7 and Vista gave me the most trouble. Windows 8/8.1 were pretty good even though they didn't have a start menu.

10 is literally what 7 should have been. It feels more like XP than anything else.
>>
>>60071620
Are you looking at XP through rose tinted goggles or something? Having used Windows 2000, Windows XP and Server 2003 I can easily say that XP was the turd of the group. The complete and utter lack of security it inherited from Windows 2000 combined with a retard friendly UI that made using it much more difficult than it had to be wasn't a good mix. If you tell me Windows 10 feels like XP, I'd assume you're telling me that it's hot garbage.

No, WIndows 10 is very much like Windows 7 except they managed to dumb down the UI even further and hid all the settings into fucking group policies and registry. I know how to registry edit and I know plenty about group policies since I always used them even on 2000 and XP, but this is just ridiculous that I need to refer to this crap for basic shit like turning off updates or turning off Windows defender.
Also what the hell are "problems"? I haven't had what I define as "problems" in any Windows version, my issues are with the actual OS itself being wank and poorly designed not some nebulous "problems" that I refuse to define.
>>
>>60070832
> only 4 cores spike
> other 4 cores are gimped ht cores
>>
>>60070481

It is because power consumption is a serious concern for laptops not DTRs. Quad-core chips and beyond are shit-tier laptop CPUs

>>
>>60071013

*- Only for platforms older than Skylake.
>>
>>60071620
>tech-illiterate people
Microsoft's main market demographic.
That's why viruses are still a problem.
>>
File: task.jpg (69KB, 709x600px) Image search: [Google]
task.jpg
69KB, 709x600px
because you dont need 8 cores for a basic browsing machine
two i3 cores or 4 amd ones are enough
>>
>>60070481
cpu threads are not cores, you're still a corelet.
>>
When is the Great Uncuckening coming to laptops as well?
>>
>>60070481
cause they are either not portable, housefires or throttle to the point it makes no difference.

AyyyMD may save us for 2k18
>>
File: Screenshot_3.png (110KB, 669x597px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_3.png
110KB, 669x597px
tfw cpu always being used
>>
>>60070545
Those percent values are calculated over time. You can't have a core running at %50, it's simply idling %50 of the time.

That's why it appears to spike when you first open it, at t=0. Opening task manager isn't a huge load.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.