[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are these an viable alternative for cleaning computer parts (ad

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 6

File: s-l225.jpg (9KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
s-l225.jpg
9KB, 225x225px
Are these an viable alternative for cleaning computer parts (ad opposed to canned air) , or will they generate static?
>>
>>60062489
I use it to clean my balls!

hah it's funny because it's juvinile!
>>
>>60062489
Ad opposed to canned air?

Try ublock oxygen m8
>>
>>60062492
no it isn't
>>60062489
is that pos usb powered? lol, it would probably be fine if it actually produced any sort of pressure, just avoid fans as per usual

now since i dont wan't to shit up the board by starting my own thread for this, did I do good buying this router for this price range? I mainly got it based on the fact that its asus, gigabit wan/lan, and usb 3.0
http://a.co/ehdOlv7
>>
>>60062489
I've been using it for almost 10 years in my computer.

Canned air is a rip-off.
>>
>>60062489
Air compressor
Just haul your computer outside, make sure no moisture is coming out of the air nozzle and blast away. Nothing like 120psi to clean that dust right out.
>>
>>60062538
what they don't tell you is that air compressors are loud enough to wake the fucking dead. Like, jackhammer loud. Like, cannot use without getting cops called loud.
>>
>>60062559

Lol, cops getting called for using a compressor? So you're not allowed to even pump your tires?
where the fuck do you live?
>>
>>60062489

My family bought one of those a few years ago. I'm still kicking myself for all that money I wasted on can air.

>>60062559

Okay, it's loud but not THAT loud. If you live in a apartment, I certainly wouldn't use it at night. But during the day we do and our apartment is paper-thin and downstairs neighbors are complete assholes (never complained about air duster though).
>>
>>60062489
I have that exact duster
It works fine. I haven't had any problems with static.
>>
>>60062538
>Air compressor
ESD safe compressors ain't cheap. And you're a fucking retard if you're using a stand one for electronics.
>>60062489
They're hot garbage. All made in china and built like shit. Barely blow out air.
>>
>>60062499
Kek
>>
>>60062559
>has never owned or used an air compressor in his life

I use one in my studio for air crushing, which also does multi-duty for other projects, including blowing out my cooling fins, etc. every six months or so. You're a liar.

Unless some retard wants to get a massive industrial compressor like you use in an auto shop. To blow out their fucking keyboard.
>>
>>60062499
Top kek
>>
>>60062489

They work fine. Bought one for the office at work so we don't go through so much canned air.
>>
>>60062538
>>>/o/
The DataVac is technically the same thing with a smaller motor. Good for when you don't have the space or need for pumping up tires, pneumatic tools or air brushing.

>>60062559
Don't use a compressor at night then dip shit. Or try running the compressor inside, with the hose running outside. Make sure it has a gas motor.

>Select all images that match the label: helicopter.
>>
>>60062989
>They're hot garbage. All made in china and built like shit. Barely blow out air.

Confirmed for not having the one in OP's pic.
Shit is really useful, but it tends to run hot after prolonged use.
>>
>>60062499
>Oxygen hider
>>
>>60063141
Is the one in OP not one of those portable things?
>>
>>60063269
No it has a standard 3-prong power cable attached to it and it can move a lot of air, like a small leaf blower
>>
I take my computer outside and use it. That way all the dust goes outside.
>>
Isn't a shop vac cheaper? more for your money?
>>
>>60063734
This blows the dust with better range than a shop vac.
>>
>>60062489
Has anyone actually tried using that on a laptop? How well does it work?
>>
>>60063806
How dusty is your laptop? Outside it will work well. Beyond that it should get the fan grill good. You would have to take it apart for more than that.
>>
Couple of bucks a year for canned air too expensive? Get a job man.
>>
>>60063918
yeah they don't last as long
>>
OPs pic is a Datavac. It's a 500w blower. It gets warm during use, but blows a crazy volume of air. It's just shy of $90 last I checked. There is also an ESD safe version, I believe it's around $170 or so. It's about as loud as a vacuum. I consider it a good buy, it'll eventually pay for itself versus canned air, and you don't need to worry about it getting too cold.

An air compressor is a viable alternative, but one that would be nicer than the Datavac would also cost more and be less portable, plus require accessories. If you have an air compressor, make sure it's blowing clean, no water or oil, and use that. If not, fuck off, air compressors are an investment that you get because you need to run multiple tools, and if cleaning your computer is your only use for it, the Datavac is a better option.
>>
>>60062489

Datavac duster is the best and strongest electronic portable duster, i have one myself.

It's a better alternative than air cans but it still does not beat an air compressor.
>>
>>60062489

Its fine I have had one for years. Its a little more annoying then the can. It gets hot and leaks a ton of air around that circle at its waists where the bolts connect.

However it still has pressure all the time. Its pretty much a vacuum motor running in reverse. A tony vacuum.

The thing is not perfect but I have not found anything better including $100 kick starter ideas. I think I got that off amazon for like $40 years ago and its worked adequately for me the whole time.
>>
>>60063918

We assume you were doing more then blowing out your fan grill every other month. Those cans empty fast.
>>
>>60064210
>tony
tiny
>>
I've got the ESD version of that datavac. It's fantastic for cleaning, but holy shit do NOT blast yourself in the ear with it. Accidentally swiped my ear with it a week ago and I'm pretty sure it ruptured my ear drum.
>>
>>60064052
I paid $60 for the ed500. It is like $70 on amazon now.
>>
>>60064255

you shouldn't use sharp objects or go near guns.

and make sure you wear a safety helmet everywhere you go.
>>
>>60062989
>>60062538
I used to do this all the time in servicing, never had a problem. The dust has to come out somehow and it's practically impossible to work on the internals of a several year old smoker's personal computer without doing this. One thing though, always stop the fans overspinning in the jet blast, use a soft tool to jam them. Don't want reverse polarity voltages formed.
>>
Cheaper alternative

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=compucleaner&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Acompucleaner
>>
File: getaloadofthisfaggot.jpg (22KB, 403x218px) Image search: [Google]
getaloadofthisfaggot.jpg
22KB, 403x218px
>>60064531
>He doesn't buy American
>>
>>60062489
Mine broke faster than I expected

Now I use a leaf blower
>>
File: POOR PUPPER.jpg (71KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
POOR PUPPER.jpg
71KB, 1000x1000px
>>60064531
This is literally animal abuse.
>>
>>60064531
Been looking at this, thinking of getting the upgraded version.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/CompuCleaner-Xpert-Electric-Air-Duster/dp/B01G1Z0RF0/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1493127622&sr=8-4&keywords=datavac
>>
>>60062489
Go to Home Depot and get a portable blower for $20.

Honestly, I don't know why those little shits are so expensive.
>>
It's defiantly worth the investment. Went through 2 cans of compressed air $10 down the drain since my PC was coated in dust. Just make sure to hold down your fans when blowing directly into them because that thing is fucking powerful.
>>
>>60062489
i have this. the motor is actually pretty strong. definitely worth getting for getting dust off of things
>>
>>60063918
Canned air is $5 each
Canless is $60
So 12 cans you throw away or a datavac that lasts indefinitely
>>
>>60065628
Because the ones that don't blast static-charged air all over your components are a little more expensive to make.
>>
>>60063918
>compressed hydrocarbons are completely safe to use on electronics
kek
they suck for moving any actual amount of air, and you can easily fuck yourself with the bitterant in it
>>
http://www.canlessair.com/

Expensive but actually produces a good amount of pressure, ESD safe alternative exists. Smaller and less noisy than a compressor.

I had one for about a year but then it died but that was 3 years ago when they only had 1 or 2 products.

How bad is it to spin fans up with air pressure anyway? I've never bothered to be careful.
>>
>>60062489
>set my vacuum cleaner to blow
>still alive
>goyim buying a can of air
>>
i use an esd safe vacuum
if it's not clearly labeled as esd safe it isn't

/thread
>>
>>60066974
What makes a device ESD safe or not? What's being added to make is ESD safe?
>>
>>60067212

A label that says it's ESD safe obviously.
>>
File: vacuum_blower.jpg (38KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
vacuum_blower.jpg
38KB, 500x375px
>>60062489
get the cheapest chink blower for $15-20 max
>>
>>60062489
Static electricity is a meme created by the canned air industry.
>>
>>60067212
non electrostatic conductive polymers along with esd safe standards testing and certification. what their consistency makeup is could be proprietary, not sure I don't make them. if a product is clearly marked as being esd safe and isn't they can be held liable for damages.
>>
File: wp-100.png (83KB, 220x380px) Image search: [Google]
wp-100.png
83KB, 220x380px
While we are here, is a there some electric water compressor used by dentists for home usage?

I feel like I am not doing good enough work with brush/floss.
>>
>>60067792
How is that supposed to work?? I mean unless you have British teeth with huge gaps
>>
>>60067839
Thats some low ass psu bs, I just posted an image, I want high pressure like the one you have at regular dentist.
>>
shit nigger, i used a counterfeit chink car tire inflator from walmart that cost me like $15 and a spray gun tube i got for free with some paint i bought for my house (never used that part for painting anyways), and always worked fine.
>>
>>60062499
top jej
>>
I have this exact duster.

>>60062516
Nope, it plugs into a normal wall outlet, draws 500 W and generates an amazing amount of airflow. It still doesn't generate as much concentrated pressure as canned air for blasting into tiny spaces, but it does a fine job of blowing dust and dirt out of PCs.

There is an ESD safe model for quite a bit more, but I haven't seen any reports of damage from using the normal model. If you're paranoid I suppose you could put conductive tape around the nozzle and tie that and the shell of the thing to the ground pin of your outlet.

>>60062538
What sort of compressor? Most of them have micro droplets of oil in their output.

>>60063141
There's a made in China one and a made in USA one. Mine has a made in USA sticker. Yes it gets hot, and they tell you not to run it for more than 10 minutes straight. Follow the instructions and it won't burn out.
>>
>>60067792
from the thumbnail i thought this was some sort of space helmet
>>
>>60064052
Just checked Amazon. They have the ESD version for ~$100 right now. Going to pick one up
>>
File: loltrode3.png (22KB, 454x396px) Image search: [Google]
loltrode3.png
22KB, 454x396px
>>60062499
kek
>>
>>60070006
>micro droplets of oil in their output.
Filter regulator and moisture trap. How do you think they spray paint with them?
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.