[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The 4K XPS 9560. I do graphic design & web development.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: laptop-xps-15-pdp-polaris-05[1].jpg (83KB, 965x562px) Image search: [Google]
laptop-xps-15-pdp-polaris-05[1].jpg
83KB, 965x562px
The 4K XPS 9560.

I do graphic design & web development.
I used to game a lot, but now not so much, and I'm ok with medium settings long term. Wish I could test out VR though.
I also want it portable and with a long battery life ( I tend to move around a lot ).

Is it right for me ? Do I pull the trigger ?
>>
File: 1491895130858.jpg (204KB, 900x973px) Image search: [Google]
1491895130858.jpg
204KB, 900x973px
>>60056602
reminder
>>
>>60056602
What are the specs of the specific one you're ordering?
>>
>>60056667
http://www.pcgarage.ro/ultrabook/dell/156-new-xps-15-9560-uhd-touch-infinityedge-procesor-intel-core-i7-7700hq-6m-cache-up-to-380-ghz-32gb-ddr4-1tb-ssd-geforce-gtx-1050-4gb-win-10-pro-silver/

UHD Touch
Procesor Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ (6M Cache, up to 3.80 GHz)
32GB DDR4
1TB SSD
GeForce GTX 1050 4GB
Win 10 Pro
>>
>>60056632

Why so upset, anon?
>>
>>60056700
It has an okay amount of cores which will help with your graphical programs I believe.

32GB of ram is enough, you're fine there.

Don't fill that SSD completely/over 80% or you'll receive performance issues, especially if the OS is installed on it.

Graphics seems good, better than my old laptop's which still handles games relativity well.
That being said I've only used my laptop on a couple of new games as I use my main workstation/gaming computer for most things.

If you can stand windows 10 then it's fine.
>>
>>60056720
it was a pic captured with the XPS™ webcam

i found it to be the best anti dell shill so far.
>>
>>60056826
3000$ worth of fine?

>>60056863
Who uses their webcam anymore nowadays anyway?
>>
>>60056897
>Who uses their webcam anymore nowadays anyway?
The NSA.
>>
>>60056602
>4k
>battery life

pick one
>>
>>60056897
No I would never spend $3000 on a laptop when I can make a decent desktop PC for much less.

Why do you need something that powerful for mobile usage anyway, don't you have a workstation/desk?
>>
>>60056965

I don't. I move a lot so I haven't made a PC in years.
>>
>>60056989
Ah well it's difficult to find better deals with laptops.
Personally I think you'd be fine with DDR3 RAM(rather than DDR4) and a smaller SSD.
I wouldn't compromise on the processor department though.

In the SSD's case I recommend getting as large a size as possible if you have no where else to store your files.
>>
>>60056989
Why not go with a small form factor desktop and a comfy lower specced xps 13?

You can get sff cases thatre tiny as fuck nowadays and will last you longer than a laptop. Plus with a lower specced xps you'll still be able to do quite a bit of work on and save some money in the process.
>>
>>60057075

I have an external HDD and a Google Drive account. I chose the biggest SSD cause files can get pretty damn big with Photoshop.
>>
>>60057130

I'm not sure how designing on a small 13 inch screen would be. Plus the 15 inch has a larger color gamut ( best on the market ).
>>
>>60057132
If you're moving allot and doing fairly intensive graphics work then it will be a strong tool.

In the end it's your choice, It's hard to find good laptops that are also cheap, if you have the money and want to, buy it.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.