[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I fell for the ltsb meme. >slow as shit >anything slightly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_0014.png (42KB, 440x440px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0014.png
42KB, 440x440px
I fell for the ltsb meme.

>slow as shit
>anything slightly related to gaming wont work
>tries to install old amd drivers even tho i just installed new ones
>the shitty razer synpase program wont even download ghe drivers
>slow as fuck

just stay on pro and use Destroy windows spy desu.
>>
bump because people must know the truth
>>
>>60041814
Stop falling for /g/ memes, think for yourself.

It's depressing knowing there are people like you in the world
>>
>>60041968
you have to try shit out y'know
>>
>>60041814

Youre a meme son

LTSB is the only way possible to use windows 10, and its actually much faster without all that useless shit running on the background.

>but muh gaming

fuck off
>>
>>60042191
>Drivers are always late as fuck
Enjoy your old shit
>>
/g/ memes are all memes
half the ones about apple aren't even true
>>
>2016 LTSB is the same build as current branch for business
>removed a ton of useless crap
>this somehow makes it slower
bullshit.
also get specific drivers, kiddo.
>>
>>60042191
I assume you do video editing then? In that case ltsb should be good.
If you just want to browse the interwebz without Ms botnet why not using a light linux distro instead?
>>
>>60041814
>Not running windows 7
>>
>>60041814

https://www.howtogeek.com/273513/why-you-shouldnt-use-anti-spying-tools-for-windows-10/amp/
>>
>>60041814
why would you even bother with w10 for gaming anyway? dx12 is a meme, and despite what some would have you believe, it has the least natural compatibility with games out of 7,8, and itself. Directdraw for example, something people have been begging microsoft to re-implement to the way windows 7 had it. However if all you care about is playing the latest AAA trash then you may as well install the standard consumer editions because you are the target audience.
>>
>>60041814
>slower than windows 10
It's literally the same thing as regular windows 10 except with no apps or cortana
k y s
>>
File: winver_2017-04-20_12-10-05.png (19KB, 575x501px) Image search: [Google]
winver_2017-04-20_12-10-05.png
19KB, 575x501px
>>60041814

>not using masterpiece

Just RMA yourself!
>>
>>60041814
By the way, the visual studio phone emulators will not work on LTSB because hyper-v is improperly configured. You can run VMs, but VS won't be able to.
>>
>>60044363
Which emulators? Does visual studio come with an Android emulator as well?
>>
>>60043859
None of that bothers people that are smart enough to stay anonymous.

>Blocking Windows Update completely, preventing the installation of important security updates and leaving your PC vulnerable.
CommonSense
>Tampering with the hosts file to block specific Microsoft web servers, leading to various problems like Skype failing to synchronize chat messages or being unable to update itself.
>Using Skype
>Breaking the Windows Store, preventing you from installing apps from there and preventing it from updating the included applications in Windows 10.
>Using UWP
>Disabling the Windows Defender antivirus, which helps keep Windows 10 secure, and other system components you may actually want, like OneDrive.
It's better to use a good active AV if you're not using CommonSense+Malwarebytes, and SpyDrive works from the browser if you want to use it anyway.
>Deleting various services and parts of Windows 10, breaking various things and potentially blocking you from installing major updates like the Anniversary Update and November Update before it.
What does Anniversary update give a person that don't use MS own software part from Calculator and MSPaint? More blocked features from the ever dumbed down GPedit?
>>
>>60041814
ltsb is meant for kiosks and stuff that you plug in and forget about.
>>
>>60046324
like my dick in your mama
>>
File: 1493010335781.jpg (31KB, 410x424px) Image search: [Google]
1493010335781.jpg
31KB, 410x424px
>drivers
http://sdi-tool.org
>>
>>60042191
If you aren't gaming, you have no excuse to use Windows at all. Let alone windows 10. Kinda killed your own argument there.
>>
>>60047066
Youre a fucking baiting idiot.
>>
File: my_newest_speccy.jpg (119KB, 651x392px) Image search: [Google]
my_newest_speccy.jpg
119KB, 651x392px
>>60041814
>ltsb
>gaming wont work

That's odd. I wonder how I'm getting 144 fps in Shadow of Mordor, and 135 fps in Fallout 4, and 120 fps in GTA V, and 115 fps in Witcher 3.
>>
File: w10.png (26KB, 881x353px) Image search: [Google]
w10.png
26KB, 881x353px
2016 LTSB is LITERALLY a Windows 10 build from August 2016 sans store, cortana, skype,... plus all current bugfixes and security updates.
there is zero reason for it to run any worse than current branch W10.
>>
>>60041814
Works on my machine
>>
>>60046550
>>60047655
Underage
>>
>>60041814
This is a PEBKAC episode. 了结自己。
>>
File: 01 Gatha 'Round (Original).mp3.png (1MB, 1000x1024px) Image search: [Google]
01 Gatha 'Round (Original).mp3.png
1MB, 1000x1024px
>>60041814
I dunno you must be bretty retarded m8 shit just werkz for me
>>
>>60041814
Which is the most recommended W10 edition? I'd like to use LTSB but it would suck to not have the Creator's update/anniversary updates etc when I feel like using them, not to mention each time a new LTSB is compiled with the features from the corresponding year, I'd have to completely reinstall. I'm on 8.1 Pro at the moment but I really need to reinstall windows as some shit got really corrupted (my own fuckup where SD card imaging software somehow wiped my SSDs partition table and I restored from backup). I'd like to move to 10 but I just dont want the botnet and forced updates/apps/store.

Any advice, /g/?
>>
>>60044152
my graphics card does not support windows 7 or believe you me i'd use that
>>
>>60050252
>>60050308
>>60050112

>avatarfagging

>>>/trash/ is that way
>>
>>60050308
My only concern is are there any issues with using LTSB. Can you perform a manual upgrade to the next LTSB release? Without clean reinstalling, I'm saying.
>>
>>60041814
nah you're just fucking retarded
>>
>he thinks botnet matters
>he doesn't take the time to stop updates and change the registry
>>
>>60050435
Thank god. I might give it a go then. Any other issues I should be aware of? I know with nvidia's drivers, they refuse to install if you aren't on a specific build. I use a specific version for my card so I should be fine, but I'm curious if this has happened to anyone on LTSB.
>>
>>60050357
>not playing the hg so you can win dank wincards of low level photoshop and webm edits
plebian
>>
>>60047655
No. It's effortless to run Loonix for communication and Windows for any apps you might need. Windows need not connect directly to the internet. I keep my winstalls in VMs.

For anyone who is computer literate it's trivial to run any/many OS on one machine. The idea of only running one OS is as silly as the idea of only running one application.

A gayming box should do nothing else so security shouldn't matter there. You can run Loonix for surfing in a VM since anybox you can gayme with is powerful enough to run many VM.
>>
>>60050485
Thanks senpai. I'll test it in a VM while I take out the trash from my disks in prep for a new install. If I don't like it in the end I can always go back to 8.1. Nothing on my desktop is very critical at all
>>
>>60050589
Wise move. VMs are fucking wonderful. You can move them to a new install if you like having a variety of OS.

It's YOUR PC, so make it your bitch!
>>
>>60047041
is this any good or just anther four chan meme
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.