[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible to learn and live off programing if you are 26

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: question girl.png (307KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
question girl.png
307KB, 500x500px
Is it possible to learn and live off programing if you are 26 and have literally 0 knowledge about it?
>>
No, the time when you could easily learn new things is behind you.

Go work hard labor, that's all you'll ever be good at, assuming you're able-bodied and don't have a physical deformity preventing you from working.
>>
>>60037698
Yes, all you need is interest in it. Like any skill programming too can be learnt as long as learning is possible at all.

It might become marginally slower over time, but certainly possible.
>>
Not sure if troll but go learn some python right now. It's easy, if you can play video games, you can write python.

Make a goal like, "I'm going to write a dice roller for dungeons and dragons."

Pick a small project, install python, read learn python the hard way.

Once you understand python, learn some javascript and start making sites in the MEAN stack, or django.

Literally all you have to do is tell yourself you can do it, and sit down for 15 minutes a day.

It's like exercise, CAN it improve your life, yes. Without any work from you? No, probably not.

Go do it right now, or you never will.
>>
If you start now and really work hard at it, and devote literally every waking moment of your time to it, you might make 40k a year by the time you're 32.

Good luck.
>>
>>60037698
it's easier if you just learn to lift boxes for a living
>>
File: Screenshot_20170421-063742.png (3MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170421-063742.png
3MB, 1440x2560px
Yes

Find the gentoomans library. Big archive of books. Learn some concepts, and pick a language.

If you need review on highschool math, books on that are included. Start small, contribute to stuff on github if you want for experience. Build a portfolio on github, use that to show employers etc etc etc. Good luck anon-san
>>
>>60038048
i do simmilar thing now and i dont like it
especially as i see my older colegues that are definition of failure in life

40 year old live with mom alone
41 year old live with buttom earning wife and her son
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.