[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why use other disk defragmention software? There's the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: xp_disk_defrag_running.png (27KB, 637x471px) Image search: [Google]
xp_disk_defrag_running.png
27KB, 637x471px
Why use other disk defragmention software?

There's the one built into windows, then there's like hundreds online that do the same job, or do they? Are they more effective or something?
>>
File: urafgt.webm (416KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
urafgt.webm
416KB, 1280x720px
>>60025821
>manually defragmenting your hdd
>current year
>>
File: 1442789690443.gif (484KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1442789690443.gif
484KB, 1280x720px
If it does the exact same thing only gives a more satisfying visual, I'd consider it worth it
>hnnnnng yea condense that data baby
>>
Having a disk that needs scheduled defragmentation in the year of our lord 2010+7.
>>
>defragmenting
>not using ext4
>>
>defrag meme is too strong some people actually tried to defrag ssd in 2017
>>
I've been using computers since 1998 and have never defragmented anything before

What am I missing out on?
>>
>>60025821
>Why use other disk defragmention software?
Because programs like MyDefrag are configurable and allow you to write scripts to determine where files are placed on the disk.
>>
>>60025888
i miss this, thanks for posting
>>
>>60026307
they got rid of fragmentation with ext4 ? i didn't really care about the fragmentation with ext2/3, but it's still nice that they've finally found a way to fix it.
>>
>>60026355
>What am I missing
probably a few GB
>>
Not quite OP's topic, but defrag-related question: if you have a number of guest VirtualBox VMs on your Win 7 host, is it safe to defrag the host? I think it should be since each VDI is a separate file and defragging tries to keep each file continuous, but I just wanted to know from people who know more about computers.
>>
>>60025821
Defraggler, because gud shit, plus extra comfy of >>60025888 aesthetic ...

they're more customizable like "Defrag only this folder" or "move this shit to the end of the drive"

I personally use defraggler because rendering outputs are a s h i t with fragmentation due to latency of data availability to data write.
>>
Third-party disk defragmentation software is snake oil, on par with things like CCleaner.

Just use Windows' built-in defragmentation tool.
>>
>>60026474
yeah it's fine
>>
>>60026521
OK, thanks. I feel better now.
>>
>>60026488
Defraggler is far better than the one that comes with windows.
>>
Why use any? Only Windows uses an FS shit enough to require that. SSDs don't need defragmentation and your NAS uses an FS that doesn't need it either.
>>
>>60026632
Is it? I haven't seen any comparison showing any performance benefit over the Windows one.

The real reason I keep Defraggler around though is that I can ask it to defrag specific folders or files rather than a whole disk.
>>
>>60026433
yes, it only starts to get fragmented when you use like 97% of disk space. i prefer btrfs tho
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.