[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what cloud service do you use? i currently have a digitalocean

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: owncloud-square-logo.png (24KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
owncloud-square-logo.png
24KB, 500x500px
what cloud service do you use? i currently have a digitalocean droplet that i'm not doing much with and i was considering installing owncloud or something similar, but i want whatever i install to be as secure as possible. i was thinking about saying fuck it and just using dropbox, but i don't really want anyone having access to my shit but me. i also use this little server to host a few static html pages and run a znc. what would you do in a situation like this? how would you keep your data secure? mainly asking because one of the things i'd be syncing would be my keepass database, and i definitely don't want anyone having access to that.
>>
File: 1473578314928.png (19KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1473578314928.png
19KB, 300x300px
Cons
>Servers are located in Texas
>10GB free

Pros
>don't need to download to access the files just an internet connection
>It reads like a disk drive (P:)so even low storage tablets like my Surface 3 can access all the files I have without downloading anything.
>can upgrade to 20GB

It's my favorite storage since now that customs check your laptop I can sign out immediately beforehand and when I'm in another country I can immediately sign in and access all my files without downloading everything again.
>>
File: IMG_1466.png (28KB, 1800x1100px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1466.png
28KB, 1800x1100px
>>60011834
Use webdav
>>
nextcloud is where the devs defected to.
pretty cool and easy to host if you've got some experience with loonix. got a domain and a letsencrypt cert for https, got my calendar and contacts synced with caldav.
would recommend if you have sometime to spare to get it going and maintaining it.
>>
>>60012429

Can it work as a stand-in for icloud?
>>
>>60012481
what functions are you using? there are some server side apps that help pad out the base features nextcloud comes with, but not sure if icloud is more ingrained into your machines.
if you are just looking for the file sync, then yeah it worked just like dropbox when i used that. replaced that function easy enough.
>>
>>60012378
>dont need to download to access files
it asks me to install their client

i dont want to
>>
>>60012526

I have an iphone that I use google calenders that sync with my macbook, but I mainly use the macbook for managing all the photos I take with my iphone. i love how easily photos sync with icloud otherwise I woudn't use iOS/OSX at all, but I'd prefer not to use icloud for security reasons.
>>
>>60012628
well, you gotta work with apache/nginx security a bit if you want to lockdown the nextcloud instance,
so that's what i meant by it taking sometime to set it up and maintain it. if you value convenience then just stick with what you've got.
if you want to get your hands dirty, their guide is pretty good to get going with. i think digital ocean has it as a one click thing too if you want to do that to start.
>>
>>60011834
got a droplet as well running nextcloud.
>>
>>60011834
Don't store anything sensitive on a VPS.

>be sys admin
>check nodes
>fuck around with containers as much as I want.

Just don't.
>>
I get 25 GB from my provider (Telekom) without additional fees.
>>
>>60011834
You should try SeaFile. Its kinda like OwnCloud and NextCloud but i've found it to be lighter on the system. They also have a pretty detailed guide on how to set it up behind apache or ngnix.
>>
i use the microsoft botnet one. werks4me.

oh and a dropbox account for my radio project
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.