[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Smartphone apps are getting pretty hefty these days. What should

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: Screenshot_2017-04-21-23-21-16.png (81KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-04-21-23-21-16.png
81KB, 720x1280px
Smartphone apps are getting pretty hefty these days. What should be the minimum storage size for new smartphones being sold?
>>
16GB internal + micro sd card like always
>>
>>60010632
32GB and micro SD
>>
>>60010632
No point in microsd cards since Android won't let you install apps to them anymore.
>>
>>60010934
>>60010943
Do you seriously have more than 2-4GB worth of apps?

What are you, 12?
>>
>>60010597
How about you stop sucking cock you fucking uber faggot
>>
>>60011006
This isn't 2010. Apps really are getting bigger and bigger.
>>
>>60011598
Yes shitty JS apps are, others are still 3-4mb
>>
>>60010943
Yeah, that sucks. I wonder why they did that.
>>
>>60010597
>minimum
Right now all new cheap phones out of China are on the 3GB/32GB standard.

This is what you can and should expect for a /csg/ phone in the $120-140 price-range.

If you're not buying cheap chink phones because you want a good camera or for other reasons buy over-priced "brand" phones for $400-600 locally then you should probably expect 4-6GB RAM and 64+GB storage.

>>60011006
>Do you seriously have more than 2-4GB worth of apps?
Install Osmand and download a few maps for it and you're quickly using more than that just for maps. I know "google maps" uses less space but the big advantage Osmand has with it's on-phone maps is that you are not relying on anything but the phone and it's GPS.
>>
>>60013530
Google maps have offline maps too you tool
You can use them using your gps only
>>
64 internal with expandable memory via SD card slot
>>
>>60010597
> 200 megs for webviews

fuck computing 2017
>>
>>60013541
>Google maps have offline
They do? Well, good for them.

>>60013548
>64 internal
I am looking forward to when this becomes the norm for cheap chink phones. Meanwhile the price of SD cards is going UP, not down. Why are they doing this? Who benefits?
>>
I entirely blame Google for this. They made a sdk that's such a pain in the ass to deal with that nobody wants to be bothered to put more than the bare minimum effort into their apps afterwards.
>>
reminder that if you like using microsd cards over 10x faster internal storage you are retarded
it's a fucking excuse to have low capacity phones and you'll hate yourself after
minimum should be 64GB
>>
File: Screenshot_20170422-212216.png (90KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170422-212216.png
90KB, 1080x1920px
>>60013530
The osmand app itself is small(ish) for what it does, downloaded maps don't count

Uber app does jack shit but it's almost 3x bigger
>>
>muh microSD card
>not using god-tier NVMe hardware-encrypted storage in their phones

Sounds about right for droidfags
>>
>>60015436
>>muh microSD card
>>not using god-tier NVMe hardware-encrypted storage in their phones
>Sounds about right for droidfags
We already have 100MB/s microsd cards and micro sd card encryption though.

Also iPhones are shit, I used to own a touchgate 6 plus before it decided to randomly die on me.
>>
What are the contents of that app that it has to be over 200 mb? My music players is less than 5 mb,
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.