[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is javascript going to be the future programming language for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: react-native.png (24KB, 1024x631px) Image search: [Google]
react-native.png
24KB, 1024x631px
Is javascript going to be the future programming language for everything? It's already causing so many normies to invade this field.
>>
No it isn't the future of programming.
It could become the future of "apps" though.
>>
>>60010448
>this field
which one? Dude you're dumb lmao.
>>
>>60010532
Software engineering.
>>
Daily reminder that Nodejs uses 53bit integers with hard truncation.
>>
Fuck I hope not. There are already way too many fucking startups where the decision to use javascript for everything was decided by some fucking moron who won't even be doing any programming and doesn't even know why he chose javascript.
>>
>>60010448
normies can't even understand redux
>>
>>60010545
Nah, for that you have specific technologies. What is the point of making new framework which later can be interpreted, but there is no guarantee that it will be optimal. Although in some fields (mostly web services) it will shine.
>>
>>60010448

I would kill myself
>>
Hell no. Far too strange to be the standard. It could become the English of programming as it's the scripting language of browsers and is also simple, loosely typed, and flexible.
>>
I really don't understand the language war meme, there are essentially only 2 programming languages.

Every "programming language" ever has just been permutation of those 2 with syntax sugar on top.
>>
>>60012027
Yeah fortran and cobol.
>>
File: Pepe_7b92c8_5547399.jpg (21KB, 500x315px) Image search: [Google]
Pepe_7b92c8_5547399.jpg
21KB, 500x315px
>>60010448
no newphage for you see because of webassembly javascript is completely fucking useless and a waste of time when you could just program a website in goddamn python or c# or whatever the fuck your boss tells you because guess what in the real world you just do what you are told.
>>
>>60010448
No. Its a web thing. And it sucks for compatibility (specially if you want your page to run in mobile browsers).
That's why the regular React uses typescript.
>>
>>60010448

It's hitting its peak.
Once wasm matures Javascript will start receding again.
>>
>>60010448
Javascript is basically lisp with near-native performance. The fact that it butthurts blub programmers so much is just the icing on the cake.
>>
>>60014721
It really is obnoxious that you can never tell if ignorance of js hipster is trolling or that they are being serious,
>>
>>60010448
No. Not for applications you can take seriously.
>>
>>60010448
I use scala.js
I mean I still feel like I'm touching shit, but at least I get to wear a glove. I'd recommend scala.js if you're tired of being a javashitter
>>
>>60010448
>Is javascript going to be the future programming language for everything?
Right after 0.1+0.2 will become equal 0.3.
>>
what language should you learn after javascript
>>
>>60015593

>I don't understand how floats work
>>
Why do people call nodejs memejs? I'm going to graduate next semester. Why should I avoid javascript?
>>
>>60015617
jquery
>>
I use Ionic and angularJS to develop apps for my company/clients. It helps you get the tasks done really fast, but I hope to God every day that javascript dies.

The language has its flaws, but because its so easy to learn it makes programming easy. By doing that it lets complete imbeciles make something that just werks. No design patterns, no logic, no code reusability taken into consideration. Nothing.

And pure JS or jquery. Thats just hell to read and maintain.
>>
>>60015656
don't avoid, it's easy money now

but don't fall into the web moron trap of trying to use it for everything, make a living with it but keep yourself sane with some C or Rust on the side
>>
>>60010989
Nobody needs more than 53bits. Why would you need your high level language to be able to use the entirety of your cpu's registers.
>>
>>60016042
kek I could live with 53 bits if they were at least integer and not fucking float

>feed one number to JS
>get a different one back
>this is fine.jpg
>>
>>60010989

>hard truncation.
what does this even mean
>>
>>60017235
>>>/v/
>>
>>60010448
https://www.destroyallsoftware.com/talks/the-birth-and-death-of-javascript
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.