[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what will VR become? Can't do anything fast enough to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: be7[1].jpg (54KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
be7[1].jpg
54KB, 600x800px
So what will VR become?

Can't do anything fast enough to replace a desktop, can't play anything other than shooting galleries, and lol at VR video content everyday.

Or will it be something so disruptive akin to smartphones?
>>
not only is the technology not there yet, it has been cuck'd by sjw's

ded industry
>>
It's a gimmick like 3d.
>>
>>60009820
its a stupid dead gimmick
they are trying to force it REALLY hard but its not working since it looks dumb and uncomfortable

same with shit like google home they are shilling hard everywhere
>>
>>60009820
John marack has been btfo and vr is a gay meme that no one wants
>>
>>60009820
I have a vive and I love it however I think that targeting home vr first was a mistake. This is arcade technology at them moment as you need a huge amount of equipment and startup cost in order to have a proper experience. With that said it has potential. I already enjoy spending more time in my simulated vr platform off in the depths of space than I do in my normal bedroom even if I'm not doing anything but watching anime. Vr certainly has a future but it needs to find the easiest markets to stick to first before trying to break out into homes. Target architects, concept artists, and arcades. When the technology becomes cheaper then we can have true home vr.
>>
>>60009820
doa
>>
>>60009820
(((Joel Stein)))
>>
>>60010038
I thought Google Cardboard was the the cost leadership product
>>
>>60010201
Google cardboard is hot garbage compared to the vive, which I consider to be bare minimum for a real vr experience. I can understand people saying it's just a gimmick if that's all they've experienced.
>>
>>60009934
only 3d isn't a gimmick. sure it's used in gimmicky ways, but it doesn't have to be. stereoscopy is as much a gimmick as stereophony is.
>>
File: good-job2.gif (864KB, 180x200px) Image search: [Google]
good-job2.gif
864KB, 180x200px
>>60009820
Another failed wave. Give it another 10 years.
>>
File: TIME_childCover_500.jpg (241KB, 500x664px) Image search: [Google]
TIME_childCover_500.jpg
241KB, 500x664px
>>60010051
(((Sandler)))
>>
>>60011772
(((They're))) not even hiding it at this point.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRwgmjn-8mE
>>
to me VR is best utilised in driving/flying/space/mech simulators etc where you're sitting down anyway and dont need to move around to get past the small room problem

i also think there's a real market for live sport where they put you in a stadium and let you look around and shit. i thought that back when they first brought out youtube/facebook 360 videos but since sport is owned by TV companies and they are all desperately trying to keep us stuck in the past it's not gonna happen for another 20 years
>>
VR will change the world. It'll be as big a change in day to day life as TVs or smartphones.

The moment any MMO comes out for vive or rift or psvr a bunch of kids are going to fail out of high school and uni.

Then 8 months later PBS or BBC or CBC will have a 60 minute special on the VR menace, made by a bunch of 65 year olds who still use XP
>>
>>60009820
The tech is really good now. And it's only better. It's on the verge of making a breakthrough and being the next big thing. We already have it in the living room, but I think samshit did a real disservice to it with their half ass smartphone version.

It may not catch on with normies for a while, but I think it's carving out a niche to stay with enthusiasts at least. I'm grabbing a set soon myself since the demos were fun as hell and I'd like to see what ideas for development come to me.
>>
VR is for IKEA.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.