[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do eyes change focus when looking at a single monitor? I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

Do eyes change focus when looking at a single monitor?

I'm having a discussion with someone and they claim that the eyes change focus when you look at images or a videogame, automatically blurring objects that are not within the "field of view" of that object within the scene.

However, since the screen is practically the same distance from your eyes no matter where you look, I think the eyes don't change focus at all.

Who's right?
>>
How is this related to technology?
>>
Well think about the Oculus Rift. The screen is centimeters from your eyeball yet you focus in the distance of the scene.
>>
>>60007321
Yeah, but if your eyes changed their focus the light wouldn't land properly in the back of the retina and the entire image would blur. I don't see how parts of the image could be selectively blurred by the flexing lens.
>>
>>60007335
I dunno man ask an optician.
>>
When there's blurry photos or simulated focus blur on 3D games, it's probably going to fuck with your eyes because your brain is stupid.
>>
>>60007321
I am short sighted and I have tried VR without glasses and can focus on everything just fine.

It seems that you don't change focus on displays, which makes perfect sense.
>>
>>60007370
You must be using the special lenses for short-sighted people. Otherwise everything is blurry without glasses using the standard lenses

t. short-sighted DK2 owner
>>
File: kek.png (209KB, 1000x600px) Image search: [Google]
kek.png
209KB, 1000x600px
maybe
>>
>>60007413
>You must be using the special lenses for short-sighted people.
No, you just adjust the lens distances to match what is right for your eyes and then it is just fine.

The point is that the display(s) is still a fixed distance from your eyes, so once the lenses are in the correct position for your eyes it's fine.
>>
>>60007297
No, think about it like this:

If you open your camera app on your phone you can see everything in it no matter where you look around because you're focused on the screen and through it.

So if you lose your glasses and you're blind as fuck like i am you can open your camera app up and use that to find your way
>>
>>60007789
>and NOT** through it
>>
>>60007449
Fucking taking me back famalam, I loved those things as a kid.
>>
>>60007449
been on this for about 5 minutes and my eyes feel wrong now, can't see it
>>
>>60010133
Hint:you
>>
>>60007297
Only ever so slightly. You still should look at long distance objects otherwise you'll strain your eyes.
>>
>>60007297
>Do eyes change focus when looking at a single monitor?
No
>since the screen is practically the same distance from your eyes no matter where you look, I think the eyes don't change focus at all.
This logic is correct

>The screen is centimeters from your eyeball yet you focus in the distance of the scene.
VR headsets have special lenses that bend the light from the screen so it comes toward your eyes at an angle as if it were further away
>>
>>60007297
You focus based on the distance from the light source.
So you have a fixed focus on a monitor, but a variable focus on a mirror or lens.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.