[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey you ! Stop what you are doing ! Daily reminder that with:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

File: 1487006806013.png (41KB, 643x220px)
1487006806013.png
41KB, 643x220px
Hey you ! Stop what you are doing !

Daily reminder that with:

>Rust instead of C/C++
>Go instead of java/c#/Nodejs
>Haskell instead of ruby/python
>Dart instead of javascript

You are a productive, happy programmer that's not producing shit-tier pajeet code.
>>
>>60003283
Global variables are bad though and OOP pretty much halts variables from existing in a global scope
>>
>>60004219
Global variables are only bad if you are stupid.
>>
>>60003283
>rust instead of C
>go instead of c#
>haskell instead of Python
This is the single dumbest post on the site right now. Congratulations.
>>
>>60004262
It does not neccesarily have to be you who is the stupid one, It could be one of your coulleages that are stupid and that will then affect you
>>
>>60004323
Why would you work with stupid people?
>>
>>60004262
Are global variables superior than scoped variables?
>>
>>60003283
>how to be the memest """programmer"""
>>
>Go
>A non-OOP language
>Instead of OOP languages
what.
>>
>>60004343
Because I want to get the work done and just because I know what I'm doing doesn't neccesarily mean that other parts of the team knows what they are doing much less what I am doing and everyone is not working at the same thing at the same time which can lead to naming conflicts
>>
>>60003283
>C
>Go
>Haskell
>Dart
The holy trinity plus the language that's better than JavaScript.
Rust is for retarded people.
>>
>>60003283
>Rust instead of C/C++
if everyone would stop working on C and C compilers right now, maybe in 10 years rust would become a viable option.
>>
>>60004495
>improve C compiler
>hundreds of millions of lines of code benefit
>improve Rust compiler
>literally no lines of code benefit because the standard keeps changing and making everything already written obsolete
>>
>>60004526
>the standard keeps changing and making everything already written obsolete
seriously ? ok, i guess i've gotta change my assumption to 20 years then.
>>
>>60004468
>Rust is for retarded people.
I agree.
Would add Erlang to your List though.
>>
>>60004674
>http://www.drdobbs.com/jvm/the-rise-and-fall-of-languages-in-2013/240165192
>Rust is widely viewed as a remarkably elegant language, but adoption is hindered by the changes made in each new release. I expect activity will pick up when the language reaches 1.0 (likely this year).
MAYBE it stopped fucking code up with every new version, but unless they decided to stop fucking changing features then it's just going to be a meme language. No one with a brain is going to be writing code for a language that makes them rewrite everything as the versions change. There's a reason why Python3 adoption is so fucking abysmal, and it's because of all the API changes and the massive amount of old Python2 code.
>>
I'd rather have a job
>>
>>60003283
C++ > C > rust
>>
>Rust
Stopped reading here.
Grow up, Anon.
>>
>>60004820
i just checked all job sites for my country
>0 jobs requiring Rust
>>
>>60004219
Tell that to Python
>>
>>60004805
>but adoption is hindered by the changes made in each new release. I expect activity will pick up when the language reaches 1.0
well, wth did the people expect adopting a language thats still in development with no stable release ?
>>
>>60004986
>wth did the people expect
All these dumb faggots are going on about it replacing C. Not even in the future, RIGHT NOW.
>dur why aren't you using Rust???
Gee I dunno, maybe I don't want to rewrite my kernel in 6 months.
>>
>>60004950
Regular workflow of python:

-recieve an object which is a "somthing"
-change some private variables
-mutate some strings
-define properties on the object
-make it inherit from 5 different classes
-hand it back to someone who does the same thing
>>
>>60003283
>Look at me i am a special snowflake - the post
>>
>>60003283
>If you use hipster shit languages you are productive
Sage.
>>
>>60003283
I truly hate Java. However, I hate the "muh language is best language!" meme even more.

What is with all the bahbees in the industry who learn one language and then piss themselves if they have to learn another? What is it with all the hyperbole, the "orders of magnitude" shit like in this screenshot? If you're not productive in XYZ language it's not the fault of the language, it's YOU.
>>
>>60003283
I am almost done with rewriting GNU coreutils in D, does that count?
>>
>>60003283
>>Rust instead of C/C++
>>Go instead of java/c#/Nodejs
Strongly Agree
>>Haskell instead of ruby/python
>>Dart instead of javascript
Strongly Disagree
>>
>>60004219
>hasn't heard of common lisp
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.