[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come people call this a meme phone shilled on /g/ even though

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: moto_g_3g_0.png (4MB, 1920x1081px) Image search: [Google]
moto_g_3g_0.png
4MB, 1920x1081px
How come people call this a meme phone shilled on /g/ even though mine is working without a hiccup for three years now
>>
>>59999483

> /g/
> retarded

If you picked one, you picked the other also. People shill products unnecessarily on here all the time - honestly, I wish there was two separate boards for /g/ - /gh/ for tech hardware, and /gs/ for tech software.

This board is either people shitting on X product VS Y product, and not really enough practical discussion.

> inb4 yes, I'm on 4chan, but c'mon, I expect hell to be a bit more organised and cohesive than this
>>
It's garbage, I owned the last 3. It's a nice cheap phone for poorfags but now it's not worth getting when they are getting more expensive and closer in price to better phones
>>
>>60000000
>>
I have 1st gen and 2nd gen 4G. The build quality is noticeably lower on the second gen. I'd say the first gen deserved the praise it got but the later gens are disappointing.
>>
>>60000058
Yeah, why have like 20 boards on 4chan when you could have 40 or 60. Hell, bump it up to 100, why not, then they can all be dead as fuck.

The separation of original /v/ into /vg/. /vr/ and /vp/ was shit enough already that most threads in the 2 latter boards are dead the moment they're created, while /vg/ threads stay up for months with a couple posts a week.

/g/ is shit, yea, but you can easily filter it out if you really care. If you don't know how to or don't care, either fuck off or deal with it.
>>
>tfw mine is softbricked/wiped and its the model without a sd card so i cant load shit that way
Still pisses me off.
>>
>Screen broke after 3 years
>Cheapest is $50

Fuck.
>>
File: IMG_20170417_221622.jpg (77KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170417_221622.jpg
77KB, 1280x960px
>>59999483
I thought it was a great device it lasted a good 3+ years for me. I finally bit the bullet and upgraded to a moto g5 plus. I had lineage running on my OG, but applications were just too slow. I just replaced the battery too.

You'll definitely notice a difference.
>>
>Moto E 2014
Good

>Moto G 2013/2014
Still good

>Moto X Pure/Style
comfiest phone on Earth

>new Moto phones
what even

what happened to my Moto, /g/ (apart from the Lenovo acquisition)?
>>
>>59999483
I bought it when I was a poor NEET, now I got a proper sys admin job and I don't have a heart to replace it as it is working great on cyanogenmod.
>>
>>59999483
I had the first one and ended up upgrading the G4 Plus. The phone used to be great value for money, nowadays it's just average and the software updates became a complete clusterfuck. Thanks Chinknovo.
>>
>Tfw still waiting for Nokia 6 to come out to replace my moto G

Will Nokia 3 have the same build quality?
>>
Because it stopped being a recommendation based on price-for-performance and ended up being a joke
>hurr durr it's named after /g/

Meanwhile I'm loving the fuck out of my G4 because it does perform well for a reasonable price. My only disappointment is the lack of NFC, right up until I consider how infrequently I'd end up paying that way.
>>
>>59999483
I bought a Redmi 3 Pro because my brother slashed his screen.

He doesn't like the Redmeme and prefers using his smashed 1st gen Moto G.

Truly a great phone.
>>
>>60003078
Yes, they're still built like fucking tanks and have that god tier zeiss camera, right now nokia is testing the waters and so far it seems they're doing good, so wait for their real flagship to buy.
>>
>>59999483

mine still werks too, but the battery is kinda degrade a lot, reliable though.

>>60000702
some model have shitty emmc and could died/bootlooping I heard it's 3rd and 4gen moto /g/ ded quickly ?

>>60003623

Really want new one like Redmi note 3/Redmi 3 but my memerola meme /g/ still werks
>>
I'm currently using the G4 Play. Great phone, $100 price tag is even better ($150 if you want to unlock it).
>>
>>60003989
If the Nokia 3 has the same build quality than 6 and is made out the same materials im buying it right away.

Otherwise im going to get a Nokia 6 with my carrier.
>>
>>60000702
Use OTG and a USB stick
>>
>>59999483
It's a decent phone but it feels cheap and plasticky. Gave it to me old mammy.
>>
File: 1482612226073.jpg (35KB, 500x471px) Image search: [Google]
1482612226073.jpg
35KB, 500x471px
>mfw posting this post with my original moto g lte RIGHT NOW

Is there even a worthy upgrade
>>
>>60007303
Not really, unless Nokia doesn't fuck up
Otherwise chinkphones but they won't last as long as a Moto G
>>
>>59999483
Try another phone for a month, you'll never look at it the same
>>
>>60000058
>separating /g/ into hardware and software will solve the shilling problem
>it won't become a Windows, Mac and Linux shilling fest on one side and AMD, NVIDIA and Intel on the other
>>
>>60007220
Doesnt work. RIP
>>
File: 1474906841741.png (182KB, 481x511px) Image search: [Google]
1474906841741.png
182KB, 481x511px
>online shop selling Moto G 3rd gens for 99€ + free shipping at the moment
>grand parents need new phones

Should I?

I'll just end up buying dildos or nvidia gpus or some other consumerist shit with my tax return if I don't.
>>
>>59999483
dunno

I bought the first gen moto g lte and it still works quite nicely to this day
>>
>>60009344
Nevermind. The phone started magically working again after over a year in a drawer.
>>
I ditched mine because the shit would keep dropping the signal. Much happier now.
>>
>>59999483
I still have this phone with android 7.1.2
>>
it's crap, anyone who thinks any different hasn't had a decent phone to compare it to
>>
>>60009451
Go for it. Make sure to root it and install adaway and ACR (no root needed for this one) so they can record their calls and shit.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.